- Wallpaper Material
- Color and Color
- Combining Wallpaper
- Wallpapers and disadvantages of the hallway
- Wallpapers and hallway style
What material is ideal for wall decoration in the hallway? Many without hesitation, they will answer that this is a wallpaper, and they will be right in many respects. They are inexpensive, easy to install, and if you choose the right wallpaper in the hallway, then they also can be washed. On the one hand, there are some advantages, but, on the other hand, you need to be able to choose exactly those wallpapers that will be ideal for the conditions of a particular hallway, and you need to take into account both the operational qualities, the budget, and the chosen interior style.
Anteroom is a high risk area. No matter how clean and clean all households would be, in the conditions of the domestic climate it is not difficult to dirty the walls with dirt or water droplets. If children and pets live in the apartment, then the risk of damaging the wall covering only increases.
Wallpaper in the hallway
, therefore, must be washable, resistant to mechanical stress and moisture-resistant.
In the best way these requirements are met by the following types of wallpaper:
- liquid wallpaper .They combine the positive properties of wallpaper rolls and plaster. They are easier to apply, because you do not need to calculate the length of the strips, to mess around with the preparation of glue, - the installation process is reminiscent of applying plaster. Liquid wallpaper form a monolithic surface, hide small irregularities of the walls. They have excellent sound and thermal insulation properties, they let the air through, are environmentally friendly, cold-resistant, do not fade in the sun, do not accumulate electricity, and therefore will not attract dust. For additional protection, liquid wallpaper in the hallway can be varnished. It is possible to carry out both monophonic finishing, and to put patterns in the different flowers;
- glass wall glares are called by many as one of the best wall decoration options in the hallway, as they are resistant to mechanical deformations, and even animal claws will not damage them. In addition, they are natural, durable, reinforce the walls, hide their small defects, are not afraid of mold and fungus, do not burn. This wallpaper can be repeatedly painted. Unlike other types of wallpaper for painting, you can remove a layer of paint with solvents from glass wall coverings, as the material is resistant to them. If you select the appropriate type of paint, the wallpaper can be washed and even rubbed with a brush;
- vinyl washable wallpaper become a compromise in terms of high performance and price, as the two previous types of material are decent. This finish can be washed, and in most cases even the use of detergents is allowed, the wallpaper is not sensitive to many types of exposure. Vinyl wallpapers with a top layer of silk threads are extremely easy to clean and have increased strength, along with a huge selection of patterns and colors;
- quartz wallpaper is a relatively new type of finish that has not yet taken root in the domestic hallways, but in terms of the combination of properties it is very suitable for this room. The main advantages of the material include high strength, because the top layer of the coating is quartz sand or another mineral, fire resistance, naturalness, ease of maintenance and the possibility of repainting;
- wallpaper linkrust along with its gorgeous view and have impressive performance properties. Their strength increases with time, they are resistant to mechanical damage, withstand the ingress of water and quite strong blows, are not susceptible to the development of mold, easy to maintain. The price of such wallpapers is quite high, and they will harmoniously look only in a classic interior;
- metallized wallpaper also meets most of the requirements for finishing materials in the hallway. They can be washed, they are durable, not afraid of moisture, will not become a place for the development of mold and fungus. Moreover, they play the role of an additional sound insulator and have a unique appearance that can decorate the hallway;
- natural wallpaper , incl.cork and bamboo, it is recommended to use in the hallway as inserts in eco-interior.
A clever trick - combining wallpaper .Near the door or at the bottom of the wall, you can use more durable and resistant wallpaper, and the remaining parts, which are less susceptible to negative influence, can be decorated with more delicate wallpaper.
Color and colors
Only owners of spacious hallways with sufficient natural light can afford to use wallpaper of any color whatever. There are not too many such lucky ones, so designers have a set of ready-made tips for choosing suitable shades and wallpaper patterns for dark, small or non-standard hallways:
- as the absolute majority of hallways do not have a source of natural lighting, will not use too dark wallpaper otherwise, this dark and small room can be turned into a burrow;
- unnecessarily bright shades conceal the area of the hallway , therefore this option is undesirable for miniature spaces;
- too light wallpaper - this is another extreme, which also should not fall. The smallest spots will be immediately visible on the white walls, so will be the best to use wallpaper in warm light shades or wallpaper with a low-key and small-sized
- pattern for miniature hallways.ornaments should be left for spacious hallways;
- hallway lack of height can be compensated by wallpaper with a vertical stripe or any other vertical ornament. The narrower this strip is, the stronger the effect will be.
Today, wallpapers with imitation of plaster, brickwork, decorative stone, tile, and even leather and fabric are in demand. Choosing a similar option, it would be nice to follow the basic recommendations described above.
Despite the fact that the modern wallpaper market offers a lot of patterns and ornaments, wall papering still seems like a boring solution to many. The situation can be corrected by combining, but this task should be approached responsibly, considering the combination and their effect on perception.
One of the most successful ways to combine wallpapers is to use darker shades for the lower part and light for the upper part. Thanks to the bright upper part, a visual increase in the room is achieved, and the lower one serves as protection, because stains and pollution are not so visible on it. The transition between the wallpaper is decorated with a border.
Often opposite walls of the hallway are plastered with different wallpapers. Another method also looks spectacular: a part of the room near the entrance door is trimmed with one type of wallpaper, the rest with other wallpaper. Sometimes at the junction of the arch is organized.
The question remains, what kind of wallpaper can be combined with each other .The most popular and interesting options are:
- a combination of close shades or colors, for example, blue and blue, dark green and lime;
- plain wallpaper and wallpaper with a pronounced pattern, preferably in a similar color tone;
- Striped wallpaper perfectly combined with plain canvases and wallpaper in a floral ornament;
- wallpaper with geometric and abstract pattern also perfectly complement each other;
- wallpaper of the same color and with a different ornament and, conversely, wallpaper with an identical pattern, but different colors.
There can be a lot of options for combining, but it is very important to think through all the nuances of the combination in advance in order to get a harmonious space.
Separately, it should be noted the possibility of using photo wallpaper .Naturally, they should be placed on the farthest wall, so as not to expose to an increased risk of damage. Landscape drawing is able to create a real miracle and visually remove the wall of the hallway.
Wallpapers and shortcomings of the hallway
Of course, using a wallpaper you cannot turn a narrow hallway into a square one, but correctly chosen colors, patterns and combinations will allow you to correct the perception of the geometry of the room, and it will become more comfortable in it. Here are a few simple rules:
- opposite walls of the narrow hallway can be pasted over with different types of wallpaper;
- space near the door in the narrow hallway and the rest of the walls is better to decorate with different types of wallpaper. Thanks to this approach, it is possible to single out visually two proportional spaces from one narrow hallway.
- for small hallways , in addition to the traditional monochromatic light wallpaper, you can use wallpaper in a small pattern;
- for low hallways you can use wallpaper with a vertical pattern, and not necessarily glue them traditionally - you can make an overlap on the ceiling, visually continuing the wall.
Wallpaper and hallway style
When choosing wallpaper of the right color and shade and from the right material, it is important not to forget about the overall style of the hallway. This is an easy task. So, for the interior of the in the style of classic and baroque suitable wallpaper with royal lilies, monograms and gilding, but this style is suitable for more or less spacious rooms. If you choose style Provence , then the best option would be light wallpaper with a floral print. The small flower also fits well into the hallway in country style , which also fit wallpaper in a cell and a strip. Modern styles ( high-tech and minimalism) do without wallpaper, but if this type of decoration is so necessary, then plain wallpaper will be the best option.
Taking into account all the subtleties, the choice of wallpaper for the hallway turns into a whole science. But everything is not as difficult as it may seem from the first time. The easiest way is to think of several options for wallpaper or their combinations for your hallway, and then choose the one that will meet the requirements, fit into the style and hide flaws.