If, at the end of the program, you get a dish of dirty and cold to the touch to the touch, it means that the dishwasher does not warm the water or warms it well enough, and does not dry it. It's too early to sound an alarm, because some malfunctions, due to which water does not heat up, can be eliminated without the help of a master:
- The machine is in use for the first time. Perhaps the technique is incorrectly installed, because of which there is a constant set and draining the water, so it does not have time to warm up its heater, the heating time is increased. To resolve the problem, ask the technician to connect the dishwasher correctly or do it yourself, following the installation rules.
- Invalid mode. There are cycles on which water does not warm above 40 degrees (with a delicate washing). In PMM electromechanical type there is a problem: when the program is set to 30 degrees, and the position of the wheel selector - at a temperature of 90, the washing will follow the selected program; water does not warm up above 30 degrees. Information on the modes can be easily found in a separate article or in the user's guide.
- If the filter is clogged, the circulation of water is reduced, due to which the heater does not start and does not heat the water. It is necessary to clean the filter and add this procedure to the list of regular household matters, otherwise the PMM will still be washed your dishes with cold water - and this is wasted time, funds for washing, resources: water and electricity.
Important! We often ask whether it is possible to use a machine with a non-operating heating. It all depends on whether your dishwasher works without hot water. If the quality of the wash suits, then for a while, before replacing the parts, you can continue to operate at your own risk.
If, among the reasons described above, you did not find something that prevents your dishwasher from warming up the water, then it's broken.
Content of the material:
- 1Water does not heat up: causes and description of the problem
- 2How to check and repair the temperature sensor, control board
3How to check the heater
- 3.1What will be needed to replace
- 4How to replace the heater
Water does not heat up: causes and description of the problem
The main reasons, because of which the equipment stopped to normally warm the water:
|Failure||Description of the problem|
|The heater is blown.||In the design of PMM there is a flowing water heater or more often TEN. Externally, the part resembles the one that is installed in the washers, and works on the principle of an electric kettle. Due to hard water over time, it is covered with a thick layer of scale and out of order. It is not possible to repair the part - replacement with an original analog is required.|
|The temperature sensor (sensor, thermostat) broke.||The sensor is present in the design of any dishwasher. It is a sensor that determines the temperature of the water and communicates the received data to the electronic board. If the process is broken, the command block does not start the heater and the machine washes the dishes without hot water. Repair of the thermostat is not possible, it must be replaced.|
|The operation of the electronic control module is broken.||Electronic PMMs are equipped with a "brain" - an electronic board that analyzes information coming from various parts of the device, and gives commands to turn them on / off. If the machine stopped heating the water, it is possible that the module has failed and does not start the heater. It is necessary to flash an electronic board or replace the block with a new one.|
How to check and repair the temperature sensor, control board
Thermal sensor - a weak element in the design of dishwashers, especially in the Bosch (Bosch). To understand that a temperature sensor has gone out, and not another part, act like this:
- Armed with tools: a tester (multimeter), screwdrivers and pliers.
- Disconnect the equipment from the water supply and sewerage network (always close the valves on the pipes themselves).
- De-energize the appliance.
- Take out the dish baskets.
- Remove the bottom nozzle, the "trash" filter and the mesh, unscrew the two fasteners that you will find under it.
- Turn the machine upside down and remove the fasteners on the sides.
- Disconnect the drain plug from the unit in which the heater is located and lift the bottom of the PMM upward.
- The sensor is located inside the body of the water heating unit - this design is due to the need for data transfer to the control unit.
- Disconnect the wires from the thermistor contacts.
- Strip the contacts and measure the resistance level of the sensor with the tester.
- If it became clear that the item is blown, do not install it back, but bring it to the store to pick up a similar one.
- Install the new item in the same way as it was removed, - all actions are done in the reverse order.
Important! It is often not the temperature sensor that is faulty, but its wiring. If everything is in order with the sensor (and heater), it is worth looking for a problem in the electronic module.
In 1 case out of 100 it happens that the heater is working properly (according to the tester's indices), the sensor is fine and the wiring is OK. Checking the system for blockages showed that everything is fine, the pressure is normal, and the machine continues to be washed with cold water. What is the reason, what to do? In this case, the probability of failure of the electronic unit is high: rather, not all at once, but a separate part - of the triac.
It is not advisable to carry out self-repair of an expensive part. To repair the board, you need knowledge in the field of electronics, experience and special tools. If you fail, you will have to buy a new module, and its cost often amounts to half the price of the PMM.
How to check the heater
In modern dishwashers Electrolux, AEG or Neff there is a "smart" system of self-diagnostics, which in time reveals the slightest failures. But you can not hope for it 100% - sometimes the machine does not heat well or does not heat water at all, and error codes do not appear on the screen. It is necessary to start an independent search for the cause of the malfunction. To check whether the heater is working, proceed as follows:
- Place the housing upside down.
- Unscrew the rear wall (if you do not have a built-in model) or remove the panel from the bottom (in the embedded version). To remove it, disconnect the drain socket from the water heating unit and pull the panel toward you.
Attention! Do not remove it completely - it is not necessary, and it will not work without removing the fasteners.
- If the sensor you have checked with the previous instructions, you need to disassemble the dishwasher further to diagnose the heater.
What will be needed to replace
Any detail, including TEN, in such brands of dishwashers as "Indesit" or "Electrolux requires a complete replacement. Repair heater can not be - easier to unscrew and throw out the part, replacing the new one.
Prepare tools for work:
- cross, slotted screwdriver;
- the usual awl.
Before buying a heating unit, make sure that the heater is faulty - it may not be in it. The difficulty is that in the above PMM marks you can not replace the part separately, you need to put the entire block, but it costs more.
The heating unit is located in a plastic housing, in which there are outlets for the branch pipes and outputs for the sensors. If you did not find the anchorages, which will make it clear that the unit is being dismantled, it means that a separate replacement of the heater is not possible. If the unit can be disassembled, it turns out to replace the heater separately from the whole part.
Important! The block of non-separable type for Bosch machines costs from 3 000 to 10 000 rubles, for "Indesit" and "Electrolux" - by an order of magnitude cheaper.
How to replace the heater
If the problem is in the heater, buy the part and change the heater. Before this, calculate how profitable repair will be: if the PMM is old and will not be paid for more than 10 000 rubles, then it is not profitable to buy a spare part. But the decision to accept you.
How to replace the heater:
- Open the hopper, take out the baskets.
- De-energize the machine, remove the hoses.
- Remove the sprinkler.
- Unscrew the filter.
- Remove the stainless mesh.
- Unscrew the fasteners on which the branch pipe and the instantaneous water heater are held.
- Turn the device upside down.
- Turn the pump half a turn to the right side and pull to remove the part.
- Remove the sensor, set the pump aside.
- The flow heater is held on the rubber mount. Find the fasteners and disconnect.
- Then remove the plugs of the sensors, nipples and get the burnt TEN.
- Install a new part, assemble the machine, operating in the reverse order.
Now you know why your PMM does not heat the water. We have compiled a repair manual based on the example of the leading brands, but other brands such as Coopersberg, Ariston or Abbot are based on the same principle.