Gold jewelry is an indicator of success, wealth, and also just a good investment. But, unfortunately, over time, favorite things lose their attractiveness, if you do not take care of them in time. Let's figure out how to return shine to your favorite jewelry at home.
Methods for cleaning gold products
Metal tends to oxidize and change its color under the influence of the environment. Decoration may fade, and its curves and holes may be clogged with dust and dirt. Such changes adversely affect the appearance of jewelry. Therefore it is necessary to clean them periodically. And to return the former shine to precious jewelry is quite simple even at home. And the means used for cleaning gold are cheap at all and can be found in the house of any hostess.
If you have diamond inserts on your jewelry, then this method is ideal for you, as it is distinguished by its delicacy and ability to rid jewelry from dirt, dust and grease.
Essentially, you just need to wash the jewelry.
- Soak them in warm water with the addition of liquid soap, detergent or shampoo( 1-2 drops).
- After a couple of hours, use a soft toothbrush to clean the gold. Thin bristles penetrate into all holes and well remove all accumulated dirt.
- Then rinse the products in clean water and wipe thoroughly with a soft cloth.
This procedure should be carried out regularly to maintain the appearance of gold.
Cleans impurities well and degreases metal with well-known ammonia.
- Pour some alcohol into some non-metallic vessel.
- Dip the jewelry in a plate with alcohol and leave them in it until you notice the brightening of the metal. It usually takes at least a couple of hours. But you can soak products and all night.
- Then rinse the gold products in clean water and wipe with a soft cloth.
This method of cleaning at home is characterized by its speed. It takes less than half an hour.
- Mix 40 ml of hydrogen peroxide, as well as a teaspoon of liquid soap and ammonia in a glass with warm water.
- In this solution, hold the jewelry for 20 minutes.
- Remove them and rinse with water.
- Wipe with a piece of soft cloth.
Using the same components, it is possible to make a more rapid express cleaning.
- Pour hydrogen peroxide, liquid ammonia and detergent( you can even washing powder) in the same proportions as in the previous recipe.
- Hold the products in the bank for 5 minutes.
- Cover the jar with a lid and shake well.
- Remove the jewelry, rinse with clean water and wipe dry.
- Pour half a glass of hot water and pour 3 tablespoons of salt into it.
- Leave the gold in this solution overnight, and in the morning rinse with water and wipe with a soft cloth.
- Take some deep enough vessel, for example, a plate and cover it with an ordinary foil.
- Put gold products on the foil.
- Fill them with the following solution: a glass of hot water with 2 tablespoons of soda.
- Let the decorations lie in the plate of hours 8-10.
- Rinse and wipe them.
This method is not focused on cleaning gold, but on giving it a dazzling brilliance.
- Dissolve 3 teaspoons of sugar in a glass.
- Soak jewelry in it overnight.
- Rinse and wipe with a soft cloth.
Mandatory attribute of women's handbags will help clean the gold from the accumulated dirty plaque. It's about lipstick. Its composition will help to return the gold shine and is just perfect for this procedure. Although you can use and tooth powder, but lipstick is still softer and more tender in texture.
- Apply lipstick on a cloth or cotton wool.
- Wipe the jewelry to shine.
- Remove any residue of lipstick or powder with a clean cloth.
- Apply a little gel-like toothpaste on a cloth or brush.
- Carefully clean the product.
- Rinse it in running water and wipe dry.
It is undesirable to brush gold jewelry with a toothbrush. It is better to restrict a piece of matter. But if the bristles of your brush are soft enough, you can use it for cleaning in hard-to-reach places.
This method works well with gold browning.
- Prepare some onion juice.
- Dampen a cloth in the juice and rub the product with it.
- Leave it for about 2 hours.
- Rinse and wipe dry.
The melting point of gold is extremely high at 1064 ° C, so it can be boiled without any fear.
- Pour some water into the pot and put it on fire.
- Add a few drops of detergent or a little detergent to the water.
- Boil the gold in a saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Then rinse and wipe.
You can also boil the jewelry in a solution of water with citric acid( half a sachet).
You can soak the gold in a solution for cleaning contact lenses, leaving jewelry for the night.
White gold cleaning
To bring the appearance of white gold in order, you can use the following method.
- Mix in a glass of clean water one spoon of ammonia and a drop of detergent( liquid soap, dishwashing detergent or a little laundry detergent).
- Immerse the jewelry in this solution just an hour.
- Then rinse and wipe with a cloth.
Cleaning products with stones
When there are stones on a gold product, you should be careful in choosing a cleaning method. Some types of gemstones( turquoise, amber, opal, etc.) are afraid of water and may lose their color or deform from excessive moisture. In addition, you can not soak gold jewelry, stones to which are attached with glue.
An uncomplicated procedure will help to add shine to gold and restore its former attractiveness. You just need to moisten a cotton swab or cloth in cologne or alcohol and wipe the metal surface. Then do the same only with a cloth dipped in water. And complete the procedure with a dry wipe.