Water and Vinegar
The problem of shrinking wool products after washing is perennial. This happens for several reasons:
- wrong water temperature;
- wrong machine wash mode;
- poor quality detergent;
- high speed when drying in the machine.
In this case, the sat down sweater is entitled to receive a second life. To do this, you must prepare the following materials:
- hanger to the size of a sweater;
Then each step must be done strictly according to the instructions:
- The product made of wool must be soaked in water, except the shoulders and throat. Wrap a towel, it will absorb all the excess moisture. Squeezing the product is strictly prohibited. After we hang on the hangers and leave to dry completely.
- It is necessary to re-wet in cold water and leave it in a horizontal position. Constantly need to approach to stretch the material. Later, hang the item on a coat hanger so that it is a little ventilated.
- Prepare the iron. It is desirable that it had a steaming function. Separately, prepare a solution of water with vinegar and pour into a spray bottle. We treat them with a sweater and begin to steam them, but without touching the wool itself. Immediately we try to stretch the thing with our hands.
You can try stretching a sweater that has sat down after washing using a regular steaming. To do this, prepare:
- gauze or cotton fabric;
Heat the iron to a temperature of 100-120 degrees. Ironing is neatly through the fabric.
Got a thing and think what to do with it? We offer to try the method with rinsing wool:
- 2 tbsp.lperoxide stir in 10 liters of water.
- Rinse the thing in the solution, do not forget to gently stretch it with your hands.
- Leave for 2-3 hours to lie in this water.
- After a little squeeze hands and lay out for drying on a towel.
- Occasionally come up and stretch the material with your hands.
Alcohol and turpentine
If a wool sweater has sat down, then its structure must be restored quickly. This can be done by the following method. To do this, prepare:
- 10 ml of turpentine;
- 10 ml of vodka;
- 30 ml ammonia.
All ingredients are mixed in 5 liters of water. Jacket must be soaked for one hour. After it is necessary to rinse the product in running water. Wool will become elastic and soft, and you can try to stretch it.
The following method for those who do not have time to mess around. You will need:
- special powder for washing wool or delicate fabrics;
And then follow the instructions:
- Soak up the material with moisture. To do this, leave the sweater for 15 minutes in the water.
- Transfer to typewriter.
- Pour in the powder and set up a gentle wash program. Set the water temperature no higher than 30 degrees.
Thing can stretch out at the spin stage. After straightening the product, hang on the hanger. Stretch again with your hands and leave to hang until completely dry.
If you are afraid to do the above manipulations, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with other methods:
- Wet the product and put it on yourself. You need to wear until dry. You can use a dummy.
- After washing sat down sweater, which knit independently? Then gently spread into pieces, wet and sweep each part to cut a solid base on the desired size. Dry thoroughly. If the jacket is shop, then tack it entirely.
Remember that stretching the wool is difficult. Most often the product remains in the same form. Therefore, when buying, it is better to purchase an item one size larger than your own.