- Pros and cons of non-stick coating of teflon
- Disadvantages and advantages of
- ceramics Pros and cons of stainless steel steel bowl
- What material to prefer?
Multivark is a very useful invention. This home appliances very quickly gained popularity among housewives. However, all its useful functions can be appreciated only if the model is chosen taking into account all the needs.
Among other questions that arise during the selection, the following is relevant: which crockery bowl is better? What they actually are and what are the pros and cons of a particular coating? About this and talk.
Pros and cons of non-stick coating from teflon
The most popular material for the manufacture of pots used in multi-cooker is teflon. This material is considered to be quite reliable and safe, inexpensive. Scientists claim that the substances secreted by the Teflon coating when heated, do not harm human health and are quickly removed from the body.
If you follow all the rules and tips on caring for Teflon coating, a saucepan of this material will serve you for at least 2-3 years. But after this time, no matter how hard you try, the bowl will lose its original appearance and properties and will have to be replaced.
The main advantages of Teflon:
- resistant to high temperatures, can withstand heat up to 250 ° C;
- with proper operation for a long time retains non-stick properties;
- is weakly susceptible to the effects of household chemicals;
- can be washed in the dishwasher;
- has a smooth surface and is resistant to the formation of soot.
- can be quickly scratched and damaged with improper care;
- when heated above 260 C can release toxic substances in food;
- is not too cheap.
Disadvantages and advantages of
ceramics If you don’t know for sure which multicooker bowl to choose, pay attention to the ceramic coated pots. Such material also has non-stick properties. In addition, ceramics are highly resistant to mechanical stress. This is the right choice for both home and professional kitchen.
In addition to the above, there are other reasons to buy a ceramic bowl:
- this material is completely safe and environmentally friendly;
- has excellent anti-burn properties;
- can heat up to temperatures above 450 ° C, although you are unlikely to cook at this temperature;
- does not emit any harmful substances when heated, as it consists of water and natural clay;
- can be washed with any detergent.
Has such a bowl and drawbacks:
- with a sudden temperature change ceramic bowl may burst, so you can not put a hot pan under a stream of cold water;
- such a bowl can not be washed in a dishwasher, only manual cleaning;
- as erase ceramics non-stick properties will deteriorate;
- the price of ceramic pots for multi-cookers is much higher.
In general, all the shortcomings, except for the cost, are relatively conditional. They do not cause any inconvenience during operation. Ceramic coating in terms of safety and quality of use, obviously superior to Teflon.
Pros and cons of a stainless steel bowl
Considering how best to cover the multicooker bowl is impossible without discussing the features of another material - stainless steel. This coating is not so often, but still it is. Models with ordinary steel bowls fall into the budget category. And they have their advantages:
- quality and reliability, long service life;
- corrosion resistance and virtually any mechanical damage;
- does not cause allergic reactions;
- does not give the dishes a "metallic" flavor;
- can use such a bowl as a separate kitchen appliance and cook it simply on the stove.
This material has disadvantages:
- dishes can stick to the bottom and walls;
- may oxidize when using certain types of products;
- because the material does not evenly transmit heat, baking will not have a crisp.
What material do you prefer?
So which bowl is better: Teflon or ceramic? Or maybe prefer steel? An unequivocal answer to this question is impossible. It all depends on what kind of dishes you are going to cook most often and how you will handle the device.
If you want to have a universal version, it is better to choose Teflon. It is suitable for all kinds of dishes. Such a bowl will serve you for several years, of course, if you handle the saucepan neatly.
If you want multi-functionality and do not want to overpay, choose the steel version. Such bowls can be used as a separate dish. It can be used as a baking dish or a bowl for a mixer, set on open fire. In addition, multi-cookers with a stainless steel bowl are much cheaper. So you can save a little.
Ceramic bowls - the most expensive, but at the same time the safest coating. If your family has small children, such a saucepan, perhaps, will be the best choice. True, compared with Teflon, it will serve much less.
Many multicooker models provide the ability to use interchangeable bowls. So you can purchase additional options with different coatings and use them as needed.