Value for money - a fundamental criterion for choosing a shower enclosure to give. Safe to say that outside shower polycarbonate - the leader among competitors. With the required strength, the material has attracted reasonable price and easy to process.
We'll show you how to correctly build and equip cottage shower box. The paper set out the steps the technology, from design planning to the commissioning of the finished building. Taking into account our recommendations you can get comfortable, durable and trouble-free operating point of receiving hygiene procedures.
The content of the article:
- Polycarbonate: pros and cons
Work Plan: What to consider
- Optimal location in the shower
- The nuances of designing and building sketch
- What material for the frame is better?
- Criteria for selection of the water tank
- Variants of arrangement of foundation and drainage
Phased construction of a summer shower
- Quick photo-management
- The foundation and the drainage hole
- Assembling sill shower
- Production and installation frame
- Apparatus gable roof
- Sheathing polycarbonate construction
- Finishing work: Commissioning
- Conclusions and useful videos on the topic
Polycarbonate: pros and cons
Polycarbonate - readily flammable synthetic material made from extruded polymer granules.
Construction products are produced monolithic or hollow sheets in different colors.
Owing to high mechanical strength in combination with minimal moisture absorption, plastic plate confidently replacing acrylic and glass used in the construction of greenhouses, garden arbors and other summer buildings
Polycarbonate meets most requirements for the material construction of a summer shower:
- Shock resistance. Plastic web can withstand the vagaries of nature and mechanical effects.
- Processability. Polycarbonate is two times lighter than glass, making it easy to install and can be used for covering a lightweight frame. An additional advantage - the flexibility of the sheet and the possibility of forming without special equipment.
- Temperature resistance. The material retains its properties in the cold (up to -40 ° C) and heat.
- low thermal conductivity. Clearances polycarbonate retain heat in the building.
Sheets of plastic are covered with a protective layer that blocks UV-rays - polymer structure remains unchanged and long retains flexibility. Term of construction services with due care - 7-10 years.
An important advantage of the shower made of polycarbonate - low cost when compared with alternative structures of brick, corrugated or wood
Polycarbonate skin has certain disadvantages:
- Low abrasion resistance - the plastic coating is easily scratched;
- high level of thermal expansion - at a minus temperature slightly sheet decreases and vice versa, in the heat increases.
Defects of thermal strain will be reduced when docking perform webs by means of connecting profiles and thermowasher.
Sheets without UV protection suitable for street work - under the influence of sunlight, they quickly deteriorate, lose flexibility and crack
Work Plan: What to consider
Before we get down to business, it is necessary to get acquainted with theoretical aspects and issues of the summer construction. The larger building issues will be decided at the design stage, the fewer defects arise during assembly and operation of the soul.
The construction and use cheap booths monolithic polycarbonate sheet and honeycomb panels. Both species are resistant to water
Both types of materials are suitable for decorating the arched structures, but it is necessary to take into account the radius of the bend, which the manufacturer indicates in the technical documentation for products
When heated, polycarbonate sheets and panels increase in size. Therefore, the compounds used in the profiles, and fastening extension providing a thermowasher covering elongated holes terms
The device showers with a metal frame is recommended to use polycarbonate fog coating providing accelerated evaporation of water from the surface
Construction of arch forms
Accounting for expansion when mounting and connecting
Use of a fog coated polycarbonate
Optimal location in the shower
Location Summer shower stall is selected based on several factors:
- Illumination. With natural heating of water, a sufficient amount of the sun - basic rule. The tank should not be obscured by trees. For those who prefer evening water treatments, shower are better placed to the west of the infield.
- The proximity communication. Optimally, if there is a septic tank or sewage pit - this will solve the problem of disposal of sewage. In addition, it is necessary to plan in advance the water supply and equip souls closer to the water.
- Relief. A small hill accelerates the outflow of used water in hygiene procedures.
If the shower is no locker room, the design should be installed near the entrance to the house.
An important condition is comfortable taking a shower - no draft, especially if small children will swim. Blowing booths can cause disease
The nuances of designing and building sketch
Pre-drawn sketch of a summer shower with plating of polycarbonate sheets. It is necessary to specify the design dimensions, display the type of foundation, frame structure and method of fixing the tank.
frame size is chosen based on the individual characteristics of the owners villa. Average values:
- height - 2.2 m;
- length and width - 1 m.
If a family has young children, the space inside the cabin should be increased to make it free adult could go out and buy a baby.
The presence of the dressing room should be planned in advance - it is recommended to take a 0.7-1 sq.m. The separation between the sections perform better oilcloth curtain as a door to use in tight spaces uncomfortably
Some nuances of planning the shower:
- In the dressing room, and washing necessary to set the threshold - it will warn the ingress of water in the "dry" zone.
- You need to consider storage bath accessories - are ideal corner shelves. They are compact and roomy.
- Inside the cabin must be illuminated. It is important to choose lighting devices with a high degree of moisture protection.
- Instead of changing room near the shower rack You can install and sheathe their polycarbonate, giving the design L-shaped. The finished structure resembles a beach version of the space for changing clothes.
Given the options, "snaps" sketch and material consumption is calculated.
Showing different embodiments tank installation: 1 - the dome of polycarbonate, 2 - no additional cover. In the first case, the water warms and cools more slowly for longer due to the "greenhouse effect"
With the design of the shower unit with a toilet acquaint next articleEntirely dedicated to this interesting question, and choosing the optimal scheme.
What material for the frame is better?
Frame outdoor shower enclosure constructed of wood or metal. In terms of reliability and durability of metal construction leader, but often, vacationers are guided by the availability of materials and their own skills.
The best option strength - profiled tube. Cons material: the relatively high cost and the need to use the welding machine.
An alternative method of assembly of the frame - bolted connection through the corners. method Pros: ease of implementation and the ability to disassemble the frame as a designer
Wood is easier to handle, but capricious in operation. Technology Construction soul of lumber Refer to the article, the contents of which we recommend reviewing. For public works is desirable to choose a larch, cedar or oak. Regardless of the wood frame needs to be treated with antiseptic compounds that prevent rotting.
Criteria for selection of the water tank
The quality of the water heating depends on the parameters tank for summer shower: Material, shape and method of displacement heating.
Material. On the market are plastic and metal containers. Modern polypropylene capacity in some respects outperform counterparts of metal.
Features plastic tanks:
- chemical neutrality - the vessel wall not rust;
- ease of transport and installation;
- low cost;
- preservation of the purity of water for a long time;
- safe use in steam heating equipment;
- susceptibility to shocks and low temperatures - in the winter it is necessary to remove the plastic tank from the street.
Metal cans are manufactured from stainless steel, galvanized steel and carbon steel. The first two materials are durable and resistant to corrosion processes. The black steel tanks rust appears over time.
Metal tanks equipped with a water ball valve, technical cover and hose connection. In order to minimize the risk of occurrence of corrosion zinc container is best to paint
The form. The flat tank which is mounted on the carcass and rapidly heats the water. A large tank in the form of the box is able to replace the roof completely. The water in barrels is heated longer and worse.
By "tank" scenario should be used in cases where the provided storage container mounted on a wall or vertical rack
Displacement. Experienced gardeners advised to choose the dimensions of the tank at the rate of 40 liters per person. However, even for a large family is not worth buying capacity of over 200 liters, otherwise we will have further strengthened frame cabins.
Heating method. Conventional tanks are designed for natural heating by the sun. Using various tricks, will be able to improve the rate of temperature rise:
- black ink tank staining;
- dark coating tank polyethylene;
- improvement over the reservoir closed roof polycarbonate;
- Set up with the northern part of the tank or a foil mirror, redirecting the sun's rays in the direction of the container.
A more efficient way - using a heated drum.
The tank is equipped with a heating element, a thermostat, a temperature sensor and a thermostat control. Suburban provides water heater, preheated to 50-70 ° C - rate depends on the tank wall material
But not all so simple. Commissioning of heating capacity requires electricity supply, connection to the water shower or use a pump, as well as the organization of the water filling the tank monitoring system.
All about the device Summer shower with heated you learn by reading our recommended paper.
Variants of arrangement of foundation and drainage
To strengthen the construction, prevent waterlogging portion and breeding populations of insect pests, a shower is recommended to build the foundation. Under the structure of polycarbonate suitable pile foundation.
As used atseidnye piles pipe, metal pipe or propylene diameter of 10 cm. The cavity is filled with concrete piles, and setting Output anchoring spikes for fixing the frame
Organization drainage system is one of the methods:
- outlet to the sump or drain hole;
- improvement of drainage cushion.
Method 1. Under the shower cubicle is supplied sewage pipe and is connected to the drain pan. Outside shower pipe is laid in the trench and goes to the sump.
The role of the septic tank can perform evrokuby for bulk products, container volume - 1000 l. Alternative - creating a primitive cesspool of tires, barrels or concrete rings.
The sump must be located remotely from the source of potable water - at least 20 m away from the well location, or the well could become contaminated by harmful microorganisms diversion layer.
method 2. If the cottage is used for "weekend trips" on the nature and assumed low water consumption, a simple drainage system is suitable for the disposal of discharges.
Under the washing section of the pit is dug and filled with stone rubble large and small. Water will naturally soak into the ground. In this case, you can do without the pallet and make the grid floor of the wooden bars.
Phased construction of a summer shower
From theory to practice is time passes. Let us step by step construction of the soul on the pile foundation. Material plating - polycarbonate skeleton - tree, plum - drainage pipe with filter.
Consider the example of the construction of the shower stall wall polycarbonate panels fastened round. The water drain will be arranged under the cubicle absorbing well. After the transfer of the shower stall to a new location you can simply fill up with sand, and on top a layer of fertile soil close.
The device chosen for the excavation site swarm pit depth of 1.2 to 1.5 m depending on the geological conditions. It is important to reveal the sand, which will be free to "soak up" the water flowing out of the shower
Fill pit disconnected pictures with high filtration properties. Fall asleep third of gravel fines, even a third of the average and the third largest. Arrange on top of the formwork from the board and fill the plate, leaving a hole for the drain in the middle
Pouring the foundation slab is made in two stages. In the second form the bias towards the drain hole. At the points of the future installation of studs set mortgages for their fastening. Set the frame rack attached to and polycarbonate using screws thermowasher
Treat the drain hole mastic asphalt for waterproofing. If there are concerns about the emergence of the fungus on a concrete slab, cover the entire surface of the waterproofing protection
In size are building floor shower tray out of the board, which is fastened to the underside of the bar. pallet design you need to consider so that it is free to install and remove from the box to dry
We put and fix the water tank. Variativen its choice depends on your preferences and financial capacity owners
Equips interior of the shower. Choosing a mounting location for the shower head, if it exists, and shelves for toiletries
Check the performance of the water supply system, possibly eliminate disadvantages and proceed to operation of the shower stall
Step 1: Development of the pit for the precoat filter
Step 2: lower covering shower apparatus
Step 3: Assembly of the carcass and shower walls device
Step 4: Hydro concrete slab
Step 5: Set on the shower floor tray
Step 6: Mounting and fixing the water tank
Step 7: The internal arrangement of the shower box
Step 8: Testing of operation before using
The foundation and the drainage hole
Installation sequence of pile foundation:
- Mark the location for the shower, remove from the platform layer of earth, leveled, covered with sand, moisturize and compacted.
- Mark the corners of the future building and check the evenness of diagonals. The margin of error - 2 cm.
- Drilled holes with a diameter of 20 cm, depth 50 cm
- The gravel pit pour - layer thickness of about 20 cm.
- Set in each barrel Metal pipes (diameter - 10 cm). Should remain above the earth 15 cm PVC tube.
- Prepare a solution of cement, sand and gravel in a ratio of 1: 1: 2 respectively. Mixture to fill the gaps between the pipe and the walls of the wells.
Cut the pipe can be a day later - the concrete should "grab". Shear line should be noted, by laser or water level.
The cavities are filled with concrete pipes, vertically installed inside the anchor bolts. Around each pile is done blind area. Construction work continues after 2 weeks when the solution attains strength
During this period, you can do a drainage system. Progress:
- Between the pillars dig a pit depth of about 1 m.
- Fill the bottom of the hole broken brick or large stones. Pour gravel on top, not reaching 10 cm to the ground surface.
- The topsheet backfill - previously removed turf.
After a time, over the septic tank to grow new grass lawn, hiding the location of the drain.
The placement of the shower tray to a depth of 50 cm installed piece of plastic perforated tube and is expelled to the drain of the booth. Through water will be filtered and flow into the drainage system
Assembling sill shower
Strapping used section bars 50 mm * 100, docking is performed parts metal corners. To improve the strength of fixation of the assembly is carried out on both sides of the binding.
- Collect wooden frame - the base of the shower.
- Fasten the harness to the foundation anchors.
- Centered lock jumper - support for the pallet and sexual lag.
- Of the bars 5 * 5 cm frame to knock off the pallet and mount it in the harness. floor level should be flush with the sides of the pallet.
- Along the perimeter trim to install the boards 20 * 20 mm, corresponding to the height of the floorboards.
After fitting a shower "pallet" can proceed to the floor facing planed board.
Wood "adjusted" in the form of a pallet and fit without gaps. Snug fit eliminates the floorboards blowing shower stall below
Production and installation frame
The frame is raised from bars 5 * 5 cm, fastening metal brackets and screws.
frame assembly sequence:
- Prepare and install on piping vertical racks. Additionally fix the poles lumber.
- Cutting parts tying the top and fasten them to the posts.
- Check the verticality of the pillars and the horizontal base of the roof.
- On the input side to designate a doorway, installing the appropriate boards.
- Strengthen structures using struts.
Ready frame summer shower you should check on the stiffness experimentally, swinging structure in different directions. The frame is supplemented by vertical struts and flatness control is carried walls.
On the upper piping mounted transverse - to support the water tank. Their number and placement depends on the shape and dimensions of the reservoir
Apparatus gable roof
In the proposed embodiment provides a gable roof. you can make a flat roof or even use the outdoor shower to simplify the task.
assembly technology gable design:
- From bars to collect some rafters using metal brackets and corners.
- A pattern to make a couple of rafters.
- Pick up and install the truss system to the frame.
- From rails to make crate under polycarbonate - step mounting is about 50 cm.
When using soft roof (shingles or rolled material), the solid crate stacked.
Under the roofing waterproofing located, the sides of the board are edged. It is necessary to provide ventilation holes for ventilation shower cubicle
Sheathing polycarbonate construction
Preliminary all wooden parts are treated with high-alkyd-urethane varnish. Coating enhance wood resistance to moisture and improve the outer appearance construction.
Waiting for the carcass dry, you can begin lining. To work thermowashers used. Clamps are sold complete with sealing rings and plugs, screws in the set are not provided.
Thermowashers securely and gently pressed tightly to the polycarbonate frame. Fastening impervious to ultraviolet rays and the material expansion compensates seasonal
Sequence of fastening of polycarbonate:
- Place the sheets to cut a horizontal surface, and their by conducting a sharp knife at an angle of 30 °. A longitudinal cut is made on a cell cross in two phases - first incision topcoat, and then the web breaking.
- Attach a sheet to prepare a frame and a fastening hole.
- Install the washer and close the bonnet of the screw cap. Inside the structure are not visible fasteners.
Open honeycomb polycarbonate with silicone seal.
The ends of the casing to close the final assembly of slats. If we neglect this procedure, the polycarbonate starts to clog the holes and overgrown with moss
Finishing work: Commissioning
By analogy with the framework shower cubicles are assembled door - frame is straying from the slats 5 * 5 cm.
fabric design reinforced struts, varnished and coated polycarbonate. After - hung on hinges and checked the smooth running of the door
Next, perform internal arrangement and decoration of booths: set panLocated tank, fit the rubber mat and hang curtains.
Pallet "planted" on the silicone sealant and aligned relative to the floor. The drain hose is fed to the perforated pipe, recessed in the drainage system
Do not be amiss to take care of a comfortable ascent to the locker room and tell the small stage of brick and wood.
Brick pillar mounted on a concrete base and decorated with natural stone. Yachting steps floorboards treated with varnish
Conclusions and useful videos on the topic
Video # 1. Option arrangement shower with a waiting room:
Video # 2. Assembling the structure of the purchase and polycarbonate casing:
Shower Polycarbonate - a practical and affordable option for suburban area. construction technology is straightforward, and the cost of materials is acceptable. Investing a little time and with the support of an assistant, you get to build a durable construction and to improve the conditions of country life.
Tell us about how constructing a walk-in shower with polycarbonate walls on their own summer cottage. Perhaps, in your arsenal is the technological details that will be useful to site visitors. Please write comments, publish thematic pictures, ask questions in the box located below.