The content of the article:
Delicious and unusual cucumbers in their own juice. Salting cucumbers can be done in various ways, but only a few know how to make it in their own juice. Even a novice cook will cope with such preparation. The process itself takes a little time, but the result is worth it. Diversify your homework!
Cucumber fresh: composition, benefit and harm
Cucumber is a familiar and welcome vegetable on our table. Unique in its essence, with an equally unique and diverse chemical composition.
As part of almost 95% is water, which can quench thirst, remove harmful toxins from the body.
A wide and diverse palette of trace elements that make up the cucumber: iodine, fluorine, potassium, phosphorus, molybdenum, and many, many others. Vitamins of group B are also contained, carotenoids, organic acids( ascorbic, folic) are present.
The benefits of cucumbers:
- Contains natural iodine that supports thyroid function.
- Molybdenum contained in the composition is extremely necessary for the body to normalize metabolic processes.
- Contains tartronic acid, whose action in the body is to prevent the conversion of carbohydrates into fats.
- Can be used as a means for healthy weight loss.
- Fiber helps the body work much better.
- Possess diuretic action.
- With the help of cucumbers, you can forget what swelling and constipation are.
- Included in the potassium is essential for normal functioning of the heart and its conductive system.
- Vitamins improve the functioning of all organs and systems as a whole, increases the protection of tissues, strengthens the immune system.
- Widely used cucumber mass in cosmetology: restores water balance, eliminates excess oily skin
Harm of cucumbers:
- They don’t recommend or prohibit people who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract from eating.
- Not recommended for people with a stomach ulcer and if there is gastritis.
Mothers who feed small children do not recommend eating cucumbers, as they have a good laxative effect.
How to pickle cucumbers in their own juice
For the preparation of suitable cucumbers of different sizes: large, medium and small.
You can not use iodized salt for salting vegetables, because, firstly, smack appears from iodine, and secondly, vegetables are softened from iodine and they can sour. Buy need only rock salt.
Cucumbers in cucumber juice for the winter can be prepared in the following ways:
- Boil and then store under tight lids in the cellar, on the balcony, in the refrigerator.
- Marinate with 9% table vinegar, cover with metal lids and store at room temperature.
In order for cucumbers to be crispy after being pickled and dense, they should be placed in cold water for 3 hours before salting.
Delicious, crunchy, slightly spicy, the cucumbers are obtained according to the following recipe.
Recipe: cucumbers in their own juice for the winter
Ingredients for a 3-liter jar:
- 1 kg of large cucumbers, for juice;
- 1.5 kg medium or small cucumbers;
- 80-100 grams of salt large stone cook;
- 3-4 garlic cloves;
- 3-4 pcs.peas allspice;
- 4-5 pcs.black peppercorns;
- 1/3 small bitter red pepper;
- 1-2 pcs.carnations;
- 1-2 pcs.bay leaf;
- 1 dry dill umbrella;
- 2 pcs.leaf horseradish.
If you add bark or oak leaves, cherry leaves or currants, then due to tannins that are contained in these components, the cucumbers will become crisp and dense.
Very often housewives throw large and over-ripe cucumbers, but they are great for juice and serve as blanks for different dishes: pickle, green soups and different salads.
- It is advisable to pickle cucumbers collected from the bed. Sort and wash thoroughly. Be sure to dry.
- Grate over-ripened cucumbers, grate them, then add salt, stir and let it brew.
- Place all cooked spices on the bottom of a clean 3-liter jar: bay leaf, dill, garlic( sliced), allspice, horseradish leaves, black pepper, bitter and fragrant.
- Add grated cucumber juice. Carefully and beautifully spread out medium and small fruits, pour brine, filling voids.
- In 2-3 days, the cucumbers will be slightly salted. They need to be removed in a cold place.
Salted cucumbers in their own juice for the winter, turn out unusually fragrant and crispy. Very tasty soups are made from the juice: pickle, hodgepodge, aza. Can also be used in the preparation of various sauces, mayonnaise or gravies.
Black pepper: with peas and powder, red pepper and other spices soften pickles, therefore, it is advised to add not more than the amount given in the recipe.
Pickling cucumbers in their own juice without temperature processing( sterilization), is useful to everyone, without exception, as it preserves vitamins and trace elements.
You need to store such twists in a cool place, it is advisable to eat them until spring, asthen they perekisyut.
Such cucumbers can easily stand for a long time. Having absorbed the smell of garlic, they will become fragrant and will crunch amazingly.
It is advisable to put a sheet of horseradish on top so that the mold does not form. Well close the plastic cap. Or you can, in the absence of a piece of horseradish, to anoint from the inside of the lid ready mustard. Such a "protection" will not give moldy vegetables.
Cucumbers marinated in their own juice “Yum Fingers”
The plus of this preparation is that you can cook it from vegetables of different sizes, large non-conditioned and medium-sized. In winter, open delicious, crunchy pickled cucumbers in their own juice, spread on a large platter and serve for dinner or for the festive table.
- 3 kg of cucumbers large or medium;
- 100 g of sunflower oil;
- half a glass of vinegar 9%;
- 3 tbsp.spoons of salt;
- 250-300 g of sugar;
- 10 garlic cloves;
- 2 tbsp.spoons of mustard seeds;
- bunches of parsley and dill.
- Wash and reuse cucumbers.
- Cut diagonally into 4 pieces( very large into 6-8 pieces), and in half, should resemble a “little pinky”Put everything in a large saucepan.
- Cut dill and parsley. Add to the sliced cucumbers prepared ingredients: herbs, oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, chopped garlic, mustard seeds and greens. Mix everything well, cover and leave for 5-6 hours.
- Periodically mix the workpiece, for good soaking the marinade. In the proposed recipe, the role of the marinade is played by cucumber juice with sunflower oil and vinegar.
- Place the pickled pickles tightly in prepared jars and pour the pickled cucumber. Cover with sterilized lids.
Be sure to trim the tips of cucumbers. First, salting will accelerate, and secondly, in the tips the accumulation of nitrates is most.
When pickles pickle, you need to prepare jars and lids for preservation. Jars can be sterilized in two ways:
- Sterilize well-washed jars. On a saucepan with boiling water, install a strainer on her banks, leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Put the clean, dry jars in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
In order for cucumbers in a bank in their own juice to be well salted, they need to be laid vertically. Also, do not put too tightly to each other, as they will lose their ability to crunch.
In order for our stock to be well kept, the jars need to be sterilized. At the bottom of the pan we place a special wooden circle or thick fabric folded 2 times. Put on top the filled jars with cucumbers.
Pour warm water in a saucepan, using “hangers” cans. We are waiting for the water in the saucepan to boil, reduce the heat and sterilize:
- 0,5 l - 10-15 minutes;
- 1 L - 20-25 minutes.
Take out the finished cans with the billet and tighten well. Check the tightness, put the jars bottom to the top, leaving to cool completely. Store at room temperature.
In a month our cucumbers "Yummy fingers" can be eaten, they are very
fragrant, tasty and crunchy.
Pickled cucumbers in their own juice
Prepare cucumber juice from large, over-ripe vegetables - grate. Spread the resulting mass with juice in jars, add pepper, salt, various spices and pour all this with warm water. Next, drop small cucumbers there. After 2 days salted cucumbers will be ready.
Sliced cucumbers in their own juice for the winter
A simple and easy cooking process and a small amount of ingredients. And in the end get a savory tasty snack that will further decorate your table.
- medium cucumbers 4 kg;
- sand sugar 250-300 g;
- vegetable oil 1 cup;
- table vinegar 1 cup;
- salt, not iodinated 1/3 cup;
- a lot of parsley and dill;
- bulbs average 4 pieces.
- Wash cucumbers with greens, peel the onions. Onion cut into semi-shellfish, cut all the cucumbers into rings, and chop the greens very finely.
- Mix everything and add sugar and salt, vinegar, and sunflower oil to the mixture. Leave it all to insist on the hour 3, to stand out a lot of juice.
- After that, they can immediately be eaten. In order to spin the cucumbers in their own juice, you need to prepare jars: wash well, sterilize. Next, arrange the entire mixture in jars, spin and immediately put the top down. Leave for about a day under a warm blanket. You can store in the cellar, vegetable storage.
The cucumbers obtained according to this recipe are very tasty, have a unique flavor. Cooking cucumbers in cucumber juice for the winter according to the recipes is not difficult, and it will be very pleasant to enjoy the winter.