As representatives of stone apricots, they are often exposed to such a disease as moniliosis, which affects this particular group of garden trees. As a result, gardeners are left without a crop, and the apricot itself begins to disappear. Monilioz is difficult to treat, but you can still try to save the garden, using special preparations and the correct processing technology.
The characteristic manifestations of the disease
Moniliasis is a persistent fungal disease that bone crops are particularly susceptible to, and the area of tree damage is as extensive as possible. If no action is taken, the fungus spreads over time throughout the tree, up to the root system, and leads to the death of the apricot.
Favorable conditions for the development of the disease are warm winters and rainy spring, as well as spring temperature drops.
Depending on the apricot development phase, on which moniliosis affects the culture, two forms of its manifestation are distinguished:
- monilial burn - flowers start to bloom in a flowering apricot, then they crumble, leaves and young shoots dry out, and old branches are covered with cracks;
- gray rot - affects the fruit during their maturation, forming a gray patina, and leads to their abscission.
How to treat?
A single apricot processing is not effective, because moniliose should be controlled throughout the growing season.
In order to rid the apricots of an obsessive fungus, it is necessary to carry out a number of activities and process the tree with special solutions for each vegetative phase of development:
- Immediately before flowering, a solution containing 100 g of copper sulphate( or copper vitriol) and 400 g of mineral-oil emulsion( preparation 30B).
- During flowering, a solution that includes such active substances as boric acid, diaphanate-methyl and difcananazole. The dosage per 1 liter of water is 10, 500 and 250 g of the corresponding preparation.
- Two weeks after flowering, a solution of difcananol with the addition of a systemic agent( captan) was added.
If moniliosis reappears during the ripening of the crop, you can apply biological products such as Fitosporin, Fitotsid, Trikhodermin, Gauksin for further spraying of apricot.