Incredibly fragrant, with rich refreshing notes, bright green or golden brown. .. It sounds very impressive, but if you try at least a spoon - and now mint jam becomes your favorite dessert. Making it does not constitute a special hassle, especially if there are several mint bushes in the garden. By the way, such a jam can not only be spread on bread, but also put directly into tea or make a mojito out of it. In addition, it acts as a spicy seasoning in the preparation of lamb dishes.
Experienced cooks know all the subtleties of how to make mint jam at home, so that it turns out to be transparent, and at the same time it has a beautiful color, and it also has been kept all winter.
What ingredients should be added to the mint?
It is quite clear that “you cannot make a blind from one mint of jam”.As additional ingredients should be prepared:
- 400 g of mint( with petioles);
- 400 g sugar;
- 200 ml of water;
- agar-agar or ready-mix for making jam.
Mint must first be prepared: rinse, cut, cover with sugar. At the end, pour warm water( to dissolve the sugar faster) and leave to infuse for 3 hours.
How to cook green peppermint jam?
After three hours, the resulting mint infusion should be drained and brought to a boil. Add in it 20 g of the mixture for jam and, stirring constantly with a whisk, let it completely dissolve. Protom 5-7 minutes.
The mint itself does not have a rich green color, and therefore the jam is often brown. You can give it a beautiful color using greens:
- Grind 200 g of spinach and parsley in a blender to a mushy state.
- Put green mashed potatoes in cheesecloth and carefully squeeze all the juice out of it.
- Heat the squeezed juice until steam begins to rise over the saucepan.
- Pour ice cubes into a separate bowl and cover with a waffle towel.
- Pour hot vegetable juice onto a towel and set aside for a while to drain all the water. Chlorophyll will remain on the fabric, which will act as a coloring agent for jam.
250 g of mint infusion put 3 g of green ground( chlorophyll) and mix well. Beautiful green mint jam is ready. When it cools, the consistency will become thicker.
How to make golden mint jam with sourness?
To give the dessert a golden hue and a slight sourness, you must remove the foam from the hot mint infusion with a spoon. In the remaining liquid squeeze the juice from the lemon and boil for 30 minutes.
Arrange the jam in sterilized jars and roll up.