Growing poultry is very popular for many farmers and homeowners. To obtain a qualitative result of its activities, certain preventive measures should be taken. Coccidiosis is considered to be a common disease in poultry, and we will describe the fight against this in this article with the help of the drug amprolium. Pharmacological properties and instructions for use of the drug can be found below.
Table of Contents
- For what diseases does Amprolium
- apply? How to apply chatter?
For what diseases does amprolium apply
Amprolium hydrochloride, which is an active ingredientstvuyuschim substance of the preparation, contributes to the inhibition of growth of parasites coccidiosis. The drug is effective in schizogony of the first two generations of .Also, it should be noted that amprolium does not have any detrimental and depressing effects of immunity.
The main diseases of the that the drug is aimed at are:
The success and effectiveness of the fight against coccidiosis parasites depends on the quality of feeding and the content of the birds. Thus, the following factors of can have a certain effect on the effectiveness of any coccidiostatics of :
- mode temperature;
- Quality of litter used; ;
- Humidity premises;
- Conditions feeding ;
- The appearance of intercurrent diseases ;
- Types of Coccidia ;
- Parasitic sensitivity of the to the drug, etc.
Consequently, the problem of the occurrence and spread of coccidiosis can be solved only by the complex use of the correct content of poultry using amprolium, adhering to the instructions and recommended dosages.
How to apply to chicks, the instruction
Amprolium is applied by adding a powdered substance to the feed mixture or drinking water.
With drinking water
- For the prevention of - used for poultry aged from three days to 16-17 weeks, observing a daily dose of 400-420 g of powder per 500-550 liters of water or 250 mg of hydrochloride per liter of clean water.
- Treatment - therapy is carried out for one week, following the daily requirement - 400-420 g of powder per 500-550 liters of water or 250 mg of hydrochloride per liter of pure water.
- feed for the purpose of preventing - the drug is also used only for birds from three days to 17 weeks old, in a daily dose - 400 g of the drug per ton of feed, or 125 mg of amprolium hydrochloride per kilogram of feed.
- feed Treatment - 850 g of amprolium per ton of feed or 125 mg of amprolium hydrochloride per kilogram of feed mixture for 8-12 days.
With drinking water
- In order to prevent - to birds aged from three days to 16 weeks, observing the daily rate of 200 g of powder per 500-550 liters of water or 120 mg of hydrochloride per liter of pure water. Five days before slaughter, you should finish taking the drug.
- Treatment - produced within seven days, maintaining the recommended daily dosage - 350-380 g of powder per 500-550 liters of water or 230 mg of hydrochloride per liter of pure water.
- fodder In order to prevent , it is used for animals aged from three days to 16 weeks, following the daily dosage of 350-400 g of the drug per ton of feed or 120 mg of amprolium hydrochloride per kilogram of feed.
- Treatment for - for 6-10 days, the drug should be given to the birds based on the proportion of 800 g of amprolium per ton of feed or 120 mg of the drug per kilogram of feed mixture.
For goslings, poults and other birds
With drinking water
- With a view to preventing - amprolium should be used for poultry having an age from 3 days to 15-16 weeks. It is necessary to adhere to the daily norm of the drug - 300-350 g of powder per 500-600 liters of water or 220 mg of hydrochloride per liter of pure water.
- Treatment - therapy is carried out for one week, following the daily requirement - 400 g of powder per 500 liters of water or 230 mg of hydrochloride per liter of pure water.
- Feed For Prevention is a remedy effective for poultry of the above-described age while keeping daily doses per 300 g of drug per ton of feed or 130 mg of amprolium hydrochloride per kilogram of feed.
- Treatment - 800 g of amprolium per ton of feed or 120 mg of amprolium hydrochloride per kilogram of feed mixture for 8-12 days.
For adult birds
For adult birds , the drug should be used at a concentration of 0.1% to the feed mixture .This is necessary to avoid negative and adverse effects on the body of an adult bird.
Side effects of
In the process of using the drug in the stated doses of , no side effects of were detected.
Also, it has been observed that for small overdoses, amprolium is a safe drug. During the studies, chickens tolerated a single dose of about 4 grams per kg of weight. Of the negative effects of , there was only a small decrease in bird growth.
With continuous concentrated use of amprolium, 0.05% chickens calmly endured stress without significant growth consequences.
Contraindications to the use of
Amprolium is considered undesirable for use by its repair young growth over 15 weeks of age and laying hens. This is due to the penetration and subsidence of the active substances in chicken eggs, which is harmful to the human body.
. The drug is prohibited to be used simultaneously with other drugs , which have an anti-coccid effect. Slaughter birds can be no earlier than a week after the end of the medication. The need for earlier slaughter obliges the use of poultry as feed for other animals.
The actions with the preparation should be carried out only in special clothes and personal protective equipment .Also in the process of preparing a medicinal product it is forbidden to smoke, eat food and water. At the end of the work it is necessary to wash the exposed parts of the body well under running water.
Pharmacological properties of
Amprolium has the following properties:
- Has a broad anticoccidian effect on anticoccidian parasites .
- Active functioning of amprolium hydrochloride lies in the immediate vicinity of the chemical composition of the preparation with thiamine, which is necessary for the life of coccidia. Amprolium has the best property of penetration into the parasitic cells for sedimentation in the active centers of vitamin compounds. This allows you to damage carbohydrate metabolism and destroy the parasite.
- Non-toxic to birds , since the cell membrane of the intestinal membrane is impermeable to active substances of amprolium.
- Amprolium hydrochloride leaves the bird's body with almost all droppings.
- The drug contributes to the formation of strong immunity to further combat coccidia.
- Amprolium is considered to be a low-hazard substance , because it is not able to exert a strong toxic effect on the organism of animals.
The drug is most used for the control of coccidiosis in birds and animals , because it has several advantages:
- Promotes rapid relief from signs of coccidiosis ;
- No side effects ;
- Low toxicity substance;
- Does not provoke addictive ;
- does not adversely affect broiler immunity development.