People who grow vegetables know from their own experience how much effort they need to make to get a harvest. And it is especially offensive when all the efforts threaten to go down the drain because of the destruction of plants by harmful bacteria or fungus. Such crops as tomatoes and cucumbers are particularly susceptible to infection. To save the crop, you need to start treatment in a timely manner. In addition to the widely used fungicides, a broad-spectrum antibiotic, Trichopol, which helps with diseases of cucumbers and tomatoes, has shown good efficacy in the fight against bacterial diseases.
Table of Contentsother drugs
The composition and purpose of the drug
Trichopolum is a certified medicalm the drug available without a prescription. Available in the form of tablets with a dosage of 250 and 500 mg.
In addition, the composition contains excipients: potato starch - 40.74 mg;gelatin 2.6 mg;starch syrup - 6.6 mg;magnesium stearate - 0.06 mg.
When used for horticultural crops, it is used to prevent and treat diseases of a bacterial or fungal nature.
- late blight;
- powdery mildew;
- angular blotch;
- brown spot;
- white rot;
- black leg;
- dry rot;
- gray rot;
- tracheomycous wilt.
The mechanism of action of metronidazole.
Trichopolum inhibits the vital activity of microorganisms and pathogenic bacteria and leads to the cessation of the development of a population. This happens due to the interaction of metronidazole with the DNA of the cells: the formation of nucleic acids is blocked and the process of protein synthesis is disturbed.
The advantages and disadvantages of Trichopol
The use of absolutely any means for treating, preventing diseases or fertilizing garden plants has its advantages and disadvantages.
The advantages of Trichopol include:
- High efficiency.
- Low cost.
- Easy to use.
- Absence of toxic chemicals harmful to human health.
The following factors can be attributed to the deficiencies:
- The preparation is not included in the state register of preparations permitted for use for agricultural crops and personal farms.
- In its application, the resistance of bacteria( including causative agents of human diseases) to this drug increases. If these resistant bacteria enter the human body, they can cause a disease that is not amenable to treatment by traditional methods. Which leads to the need to increase the dose of antibiotics or use the antibiotic with another active ingredient.
- There are no official studies on the effects of metronidazole on multicellular plant organisms.
- Not defined hazard class for humans.
How to use
to protect seedlings
The drug is used both for the treatment of an existing disease and as a preventive measure. Depending on the purpose of use, the dosage will be slightly different.
Prevention of diseases of tomato and cucumber
For prophylactic purposes, it is advisable to use Trichopolum, if there are real prerequisites for the occurrence of the disease. To do this, when planting seedlings in the ground, add one undiluted 250 mg tablet to each well. In the future, you need to repeat the treatment with a solution of 5 tablets per 10 liters of water 1 time in 10 days.
For preventive purposes, it is recommended to use the drug only in the minimum dosage.
For the treatment of diseases of tomatoes and cucumbers,
If the phytophthora has already affected the plant, a solution of 20 tablets per 10 liters of water is made. This composition needs to process all affected parts of cucumbers, tomatoes or other plants.
When preparing the solution it is recommended:
- Dilute only in warm water. The optimum temperature will be about 30 degrees.
- Tablets for better dissolution must be crushed to a state of flour.
- Use the composition can only be half an hour after preparation.
Treatment methods and frequency
Treatment with Trichopolum can be performed in two ways:
- Spray with a spray bottle. The solution is plentifully applied to the whole plant( not only to the affected areas), until each leaf is completely covered with it.
It is necessary to process plants once in 10 days. It is not recommended to treat the plants less than 2 weeks prior to the removal of the fruit.
Treatment with trichopol should be alternated with the use of other means. To avoid the emergence of bacteria resistance to the drug and reduce the protective action. In order for the drug treatment to bring the desired effect, it is necessary to follow the following rules:
- It is carried out in the morning or after sunset.
- The weather should be dry and windless.
- When spraying bushes, special attention is paid to the lower branches.
- In order to prevent seedlings treated immediately after planting in the ground.
- The recommended dosage should not be exceeded. This can cause burns to the plants.
Safety measures when working with
means Trichopolum does not belong to the group of toxic chemicals and therefore its use is conditionally safe. When working with the drug does not need to observe special precautions.
Compatibility with other drugs
For more effective effects on pathogens, some experienced gardeners recommend using the drug in conjunction with antiseptics - green or iodine. In this case, the soil and shoots are additionally disinfected.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The shelf life of trichopol is 5 years. After this time, tablets can not be used. Store them in a dry dark place at a temperature not higher than 25 degrees. The solution is not stored in finished form.
There is no unequivocal point of view on the use of Trichopolum in personal gardening. Opinions of experts in this regard vary considerably. Despite this, many experienced gardeners successfully use it and recommend it as a safe analogue of pesticides.