Contents of the article:
Amazing color, sweet aroma with a harsh hue and invaluable colorSmall berries are increasingly being used not only on the drug shelves, but also in cooking and in conservation.
The summer harvest season ends very quickly, so the eager hostesses rush to stock blueberries for pampering in order to pamper their family with vitamins. After all, the blue berry contains a whole range of useful substances, such as magnesium, phosphorus, iron, potassium and others. Blueberries are recommended for use in intestinal disorders, it helps restore vision, and also has an anti-inflammatory effect during a cold.
Compote blanks allow you to keep a maximum of vitamin, because the berries are subjected to less long-term heat treatment. The cooking process does not take much time, and the recipes for blueberry compote for the winter can be chosen for every taste - both with and without sterilization.
In order for the compote not to turn cloudy, it is better to choose ripe, but dense berries that do not fall apart during processing.
Before using, the blueberries should be picked, sorted out the crumpled, spoiled and burst berries, and then washed well in several waters or under a tap. To make the glass excess water, put it in a sieve or colander and let it stand for 10 minutes.
Sorting blueberries is best done with gloves, because its juice is quickly and permanently absorbed into the skin of your hands.
Blueberry drink with double pouring method.
This simple blueberry compote recipe will be mastered for the winter even by fresh preservatives. Since the workpiece will not be sterilized, it is better to use large containers, for example, a 3 liter bottle. They retain heat longer and the berries will have time to warm up well during the first pour.
Glass containers should be sterilized or held over steam. To lay the berries immediately, without waiting for the banks to cool.
For the preparation of two three-liter bottles of compote:
- Spread out equally in cans 1.5 kg of washed blueberries.
- Pour 500 g of sugar into each bottle.
- Pour the berries with boiling water( about 2.5 liters will be needed for one jar), cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Gently drain the water into a common pan and bring it to a boil again.
- Pour the prepared syrup into the banks and immediately cork them.
- Wrap a compote with a warm blanket and leave overnight.
Sterilized blueberry compote
For the preparation of the drink liter jars are suitable, which are well pre-washed. The compote itself is prepared as follows:
- Clean the dried blueberries in an amount of 1 kg and put them in containers, filling them to half.
- To determine how much water is needed for a syrup, pour cold water in the jar of berries in a jar, then drain it and measure the volume.
- Make syrup: pour the received amount of water into the pan, let it boil and add sugar at the rate of 350 g per liter of liquid. Boil for 5 minutes so that the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour blueberries with boiling syrup and cover the jars with lids.
- At the bottom of a large pot or pelvis, lay a towel or gauze folded in several layers. Top set up containers with blueberry compote for the winter.
- Sterilize for 20 minutes, then roll up and wrap.
Apple blueberry compote
A very tasty blueberry compote with apples. Antonovka will give a slightly sour drink, for a sweeter drink you need to choose non-acidic varieties of apples. There are several options for making apple and blueberry compote. In some, the drink is sterilized; in others, it is boiled like a regular compote in a saucepan, and then preserved.
The simplest and fastest compote preparation is as follows:
- Wash and dry a little pound of blueberry.
- A half kilogram of apples from the core and cut into slices along with the peel.
- Layers of fruits and berries in jars and pour boiling water. Let stand no more than 10 minutes.
- Drain the water in a saucepan and add sugar at the rate of 1 tbsp.for every liter of fluid. Cook syrup.
- Pour the hot syrup into the jars, roll up and wrap.
If sour apples were used for compote, you need to put more sugar( 1.5 tbsp).
As an option, you can make compote from blueberries and currants. The garden berry is slightly sweeter than blueberries and without a tart note, which will make the drink more sweet and not so cloying. The ingredients are based on 1 three-liter jar.
In order to keep the currant "not lost" against the background of dark blueberries, you can take white and red varieties.
Clean blueberries and currants from tails and wash. Put in bottle, filling it by about примерно.You can take 1 tbsp.berries, and for a more saturated taste put a little more.
Pour 2.5 liters of water into a saucepan, let it boil and pour 1.5-2 tbsp.sugar( depending on the number of berries).Boil the syrup for 5 minutes.
Fill the jar with boiling syrup. Cork and well wrapped. When the compote is completely cool - put in the cellar for storage.
Blueberry drinks are unique in their taste and use. Bilberry compote is especially useful for a child - in a cold winter, he will save from colds and support a still fragile children's immunity. Even an adult will not interfere with replenishing vitamin reserves in the body. Prepare a useful preservation, enjoy it and - do not get sick!