Cherryand energy will give a compote of sweet cherries for the winter. When the yield of the cherry trees of your garden is too high, then the berries on them perespevayut and often disappear. Winter canning will help to preserve useful fruits. Cherries are processed into jams, jams, compotes, just frozen, to be used as a filling in pies. The simplest option for preserving berries is to make compote from them.
Cherry compote for the winter is brewed in various ways. First, the preparation of the berries themselves is of great importance. They can be canned entirely with bones. In this case, the drink will have a delicate, delicate flavor and exquisite aroma. This elixir does not require sterilization of cans with compote before closure with lids. The option of processing the pitted cherries involves obtaining a more intense aroma and a concentrated taste. But according to this recipe, the procedure for sterilizing jars with contents is required. Otherwise, there is the likelihood of disruption of provisions. Secondly, sweet cherries, thanks to their not very pronounced taste, can be perfectly combined with other gifts of nature. You can get an excellent cherry compote by adding apricots, apples, pears, raspberries, black carnations, cherries, strawberries and other berries, fruits that ripen in the sweet cherry season.
The following are the popular recipes for sweet cherry compote, both in pure form and with the addition of other fruits. On the basis of them you can experiment and create your own, observing the stages of welding.
Cherry compote with stones without sterilization
To roll compote from cherries for the winter without sterilization you need to prepare 5 cups of berries. Glasses need to take a 250-gram. For the preparation will need another 1.5 cups of sugar. Those who wish to add a touch of spice can add vanillin. Of these components should be one 3-liter jar.
Read also: Both diet and feast - cauliflower casserole
- Wash cherries by removing stalks, foliage and spoiled berries.
- Pour into a saucepan approximately 2.5 liters of water and boil.
- Pour the clean berries into a sterile jar and fill it with boiling water. Cover with lids, leave for 15 minutes alone.
- Drain the water from the can through the capron lid with the holes back into the pan. Then send the sugar and boil again.
- Pour the jars over and over with boiling aromatic syrup. Wrap in a warm cloth, after turning the container upside down.
- Cherry compote ready!
The concentration of compote can be adjusted according to your taste by adding or subtracting the amount of cherries. This also applies to the use of sugar in the drink.
Compote of pitted cherries with sterilization
The following is a recipe for closing compote for the winter of pitted cherries. The process involves the sterilization of cans with the contents, to prevent disruption of provisions. For the preparation will need 2 cups of sweet cherries and only 50 grams of sugar. These ingredients are placed in a half-liter jar.
- To get rid of the spoiled berries, wash the rest. Using a toothpick or special apparatus to remove the bones.
- Place the berries in a sterile jar and cover with sugar on top.
- Boil water and pour it into a jar of cherries.
- Cover with lids and send to a pot of water for sterilization. After boiling water in a saucepan, you need to wait 20 minutes.
- Gently with tongs, get hold of the jars and tighten the lids. Done!
White Sweet Cherry Compote
White sweet cherry compote for the winter has a delicate aroma and unusually delicate taste. If you had such a grade, do not miss the moment and make a billet for the winter out of it. The amount of sweet cherries on the compote will be calculated based on the desired number of cans with a future compote. Since these berries have a weak taste, it is desirable to fill the jar half, and even more. At such a three-liter capacity, you will also need a glass of sugar.
Read also: Simple recipes for crab sticks
- Sort out the sweet cherries, wash, and separate from the stalks and leaves. Fill them with a sterile jar.
- Boil water( 2 liters per can).
- Pour the berries in a jar with neatly boiling water. Pouring should be a thin stream so that the glass does not crack.
- Cover with tin lids, let the cherry compote stand for a few minutes in the winter.
- Remove the tin cover and put on a capronic neck with drain holes. Pour berry-rich water back into the pan. Add sugar to this dish and boil for a minute or two.
- Send boiling syrup to jars and screw tightly with tin caps. Turn upside down and wrap in a thick cloth until cool.
If the cherries are wormy, they should be immersed in water for several hours. During this time, all unwanted organisms and debris float to the surface of the water.
Sweet Cherry and Apple Compote
Sweet sweet cherries are perfectly complemented by the sourness of apples. All this sweet-sour set can be stored for a long time in the form of compote. To create this fortified cocktail, you will need a kilogram of apples and three kilograms of sweet cherries. These components will go 400-500 grams of sugar. Safety will provide 3 g of citric acid. The resulting compote of cherries with citric acid and apples will have a refreshing effect on summer days and a feeling of cheerfulness in winter.
- Sweet cherry should be picked and washed. Bones do not need to be removed.
- Cut the washed, not peeled apples into pieces and get rid of the core.
- Dissolve sugar and citric acid in 1.5 liters of water. Boil.
- Place apple slices of sweet cherries in 1/3 of its volume in jars. Pour over boiling syrup.
- Send for a 30 minute sterilization procedure. Remove from hot water, cover with lids and wrap to cool.
Read also: How to pickle salmon caviar at home
Compote of strawberries and cherries for the winter
Juicy, fragrant strawberries are combined with the fruits of cherries, so it is advisable to combine them in compote assorted. The drink will contain 3 kilograms of sweet cherries and only 500 grams of strawberries. Not only 4 cups of sugar, but also 3 tsp of citric acid will be used for syrup. For special connoisseurs of fine taste, you can add a sprig of mint or a leaf of melissa.
- The considered sweet cherry compote with stones for the winter does not provide for the disposal of their cores, so the berries simply need to be thoroughly washed. Rinse strawberries well, holding a few tens of minutes in the water. Leaflets can not be removed.
- Immerse the prepared fruits in a jar, put mint leaves on top. Pour assorted boiling water( 1 liter) and wait 15 minutes.
- Cooked syrup consisting of sugar and citric acid from the drained fragrant water. Pour it into a jar of fruit and berry harvest. Immediately cork with sterile caps, turn over and wrap in warm.
- Bon appetit!
A simple sweet cherry compote recipe for the winter can also be supplemented with lemon or orange. To do this, in addition to the cherry berries need to prepare citrus fruits, cut them together with the peel into pieces of any shape. Combine the ingredients in a jar, pour syrup and send for sterilization. The duration of this procedure depends on the volume of the jars. Standard 3-liter jars, which are most often used for compote storage, require 20 minutes of hot temperature processing. Delicious and right you kompotnyh preparations for the winter!
Video recipe compote of sweet cherries and tangerines