Why apricot, the culture is growing rapidly enough, you need to feed, and even in the fall, when it goes to rest?
Then, that the plant is not to decorate the site - it is expected to produce fruits. And the highest quality and in increasing quantities. And where to get the substances to create them? Only from the ground under the tree.
Table of Contents
- Peculiarities of Growing Garden Apricots
- Why You Need to Grow in the FallThe extraction is almost irrevocable, with the inevitable depletion of the soil .
In the wild, the main natural feeding for apricots is the pulp of its own rotted fruit and its own fallen leaves.
In the conditions of culture, a person takes for himself the first, carefully scooping and burning the latter. But even being left as a fertilizer, leaf litter cannot compensate for the growing needs of the tree. is not able to .
At the same tree, not enough nourished, all the power goes into building up green mass to the detriment of flowering. In addition, it is more susceptible to moniliasis and other fungal infections. Therefore, his needs have to be met artificially.
Why you need to feedin the fall? All fertilizers applied during the winter, dissolved in the spring juices, will start to be absorbed immediately, giving the tree not only food, but also providing protection from pests, diseases and late frost.
And there is a drug - urea ( urea) - which has both of these actions, but at different times. Caught in the cracks of the bark when sprayed in the fall, it:
- in the spring will give the nourishing effect of ;
- in the autumn will quickly destroy the pests that have settled in it and compact the bark, protecting the tree from frost.
Nuances of feeding
These include the presence of potassium, phosphorus, calcium compounds and the minimum amount of nitrogenous substances - nitrogen is necessary for apricot only during the growing season of shoots and leaves. But it must be embedded in the soil long before the start of the season.
The only acceptable nitrogen-containing fertilizer for making under winter is Ammonium Nitriks by units of the counts of the counts Ammonia nitrate - the most acceptable nitrogen-containing fertilizer
Soil of the counts of the isoDo not touch the ground.
The time for autumn feeding is the time for shortly after the leaves are falling. For if you sprinkle urea over the leaves and the crust that did not manage to condense on thin branches, it will burn them, affecting the quality of wintering.
The method of whitewashing the stem and skeletal branches with the mixture obtained from:
- cow manure( 1 kg) can be used for the autumn fertilizer;Clay
- ( 1 kg);
- lime( 2 kg);
- copper sulfate( 400 g);
- water( 10 liters).
can be used. Top-dressing includes spreading dry substances on the surface of the soil( ready-made fertilizers) or the layout of organic matter.
But the main and most effective is root-feeding method - with the introduction of a nutrient solution into the soil directly under the roots( with the infusion of a liquid composition into the groove in the stalk zone).Root top dressing is combined with abundant pre-winter irrigation of apricot trees.
Types of fertilizers and terms for making
Both ready-made mineral complexes and own-produced fertilizers can be applied: wood ash rich in potassium and phosphorus , calcium in chalk.
Equally important is the organic matter that mimics the feeding of leaf litter with its natural balance of microelements.It is more rational and easier to combine the simultaneous application of organic fertilizers with mineral fertilizers, the volume of each of which is calculated from the tree's thickness( depending on its age).
Organics( in the form of digging up soprevy manure or compost) required trees:
- 2-3 years, about 15;
- 4-5 years to 30;
- 6-8 years old about 40-50;
- 9 years and more than that up to 80 kg.
Apricots of even more respectable age are calculated individually, depending on the situation, as assessed by the state of the leaves.
Accordingly, the mineral allowance in autumn( as a solution or spreading over the top) will be for the tree:
- 2-3 years old: phosphorus in terms of superphosphate 130, potassium in recalculation for potassium chloride 40, ammonium nitrate60 g;
- 4-5 years: superphosphate 200, potassium chloride 60, ammonium nitrate 100 g;
- age of 6-8 years: superphosphate 310, potassium chloride about 140 g, ammonium nitrate 210 g;
- 9 years and older: 880 superphosphate, potassium chloride 250, ammonium nitrate, 370 g
good effect is given granular compositions nutrients introduced into the tree trunks zone and gradually dissolve the autumn rains( or pre-winter watering), creating a depot of trace elements in anticipation of the newof the season.
Depending on the nature of the soil, the following can be used:
- eggshell , rich in silicon, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium( in the form of leaven or burnt) - to reduce the acidity of the soil;
- sawdust with sand - for clay soils for greater looseness and lower humidity;
- peat - on sandy soils;
- yeast or bread sourdough - to enhance future crop growth and increase future yields. Fermented yeast during the day( 1 kg / bucket of water) is used by diluting with water in a ratio of 1: 5 and watering the trees.
combinations of compost with sea or river algae , as well as diluted to the necessary concentration of manure and various types of manure can be used as a balanced natural fertilizer:
In order to obtain a high yield of fruits from the apricot tree in the upcoming season, it is necessary to carry out the pre-winter feeding of trees in a favorable time for them and with exact observance of the dosages of the finished fertilizers used.
When compiling a fertilizer composition, the dynamics of cultural development in the past season, its age, and the nature of the soil and climate should be taken into account.