Tree up to 25 meters high with a spreading crown and gray bark. The aroma around the tree is very peculiar, and the leaves, large, with the next placement, are walnut. Everyone knows about the benefits to the brain of his seed, but few have the idea that other parts of the plant have both beneficial and healing properties as well as contraindications.
Table of Contents
Composition, beneficial properties and contraindications of nut leaves and shells
In folk medicine, walnut leaves and pericarp have long been used. The composition of green leaves contains such vitamins , as ascorbic acid and carotene, as well as PP, E and a small amount of B1, which is simply necessary to strengthen the nervous system. They are in the shell.
The amount of askorbinki increases as the leaf grows until the middle of the vegetative period, i.e.until about the end of July. At this time, its content reaches 600-1300 mg.
Flavonoids, essential oils, organic acids, aldehydes and other substances also have a positive effect on our body, healing it as a whole and curing many diseases. Found in the leaves and a special substance with an antitumor effect - juglon.
According to its unique composition, walnut shells can also pretend on the palm of medicinal properties for medicinal properties. After all, it contains a rather high content of askorbinki and of vitamin E , which are involved in maintaining hormonal levels and improve immunity.
How to collect and dry the leaves of walnut
In order for the medicinal raw material to have the most beneficial effect, it must be properly prepared. Collect the leaves at the end of May or at the beginning of June. , when they have not yet fully reached their size. It is then that they contain the maximum number of necessary and useful substances.
Only the 3-5 extreme leaves on the branch need to be torn off, and the petioles of each leaf blade are also cut off before drying. For drying, they are laid out in a thin layer under direct sunlight. In the process it is necessary to periodically turn over, making sure that the blackness does not appear. Her appearance indicates the loss of raw materials healing properties.
Harvested leaves are stored for two years. It is better to keep them in an fabric bag, but they are also well preserved in glass.
Medicinal properties of leaves
Extensive scope of leaves of this tree. What only effects do not have biologically active substances contained in the leaves - anti-inflammatory and vasoconstrictor, tonic and firming, diuretic and choleretic, bactericidal and causing appetite. In addition, a high content of potassium has a beneficial effect on the heart. And for the treatment of diabetes mellitus, better medicines than walnut leaves are not to be found. It is recommended to use the leaves and in the following cases :
- for diseases of the blood ( anemia) ;
- for recuperation after a long illness or physical exertion;
- for increasing the resistance of the human body to various colds and for viral diseases ;
- inflammatory processes of ( lymph nodes, pyelonephritis, cystitis, furunculosis, if the skin is damaged);
- for the prevention of cancer ( in the presence of tumors in the female breast);
- gynecological problems ( uterine bleeding, belyah);
- in violation of the hormonal ( including menstrual disorders in women);
- diseases of the urinary system ( urolithiasis, kidney and bladder diseases);
- joint disease ( rheumatism, gout);
- lung disease ( tuberculosis, hemoptysis);
- anthelmintic effect;
- various skin diseases ( urticaria, skin tuberculosis, acne, eczema, various kinds of lichen, eczema, and wet including).The most effective is in this case the bath, which is prepared as follows - in a liter of water half a kilogram of leaves is boiled for ten minutes, then infused until it cools, filtered and poured into water with warm water. Take no more than 20 minutes;
- with inflammatory processes in the middle ear will help 3 drops of juice from fresh leaves.
Recipes and useful properties of teas and tinctures made from
walnut leaves. Naturally, each of the problems listed above requires a special approach to treatment. And the recipe of cooking for different diseases is different. Indeed, in one case requires internal use, and in the other external.
- So, in case of menstrual disorders in women, decoction is better suited. He is preparing extremely simple. One and a half tablespoons of dry, crushed nut leaves are poured half a liter of boiling water and infused for about two hours. Strain and squeeze vegetable raw materials. The resulting liquid taken three times a day before eating 30 grams .By the way, this infusion also has a slight diuretic effect.
- To reduce pain during menstruation walnut leaf tea will help women. To do this, simply pour a tablespoon of dried, crushed leaves with boiling water and let it brew for ten minutes. Fragrant and healthy drink is ready. It is recommended to drink it three times per day , as usual tea and the effect will not keep you waiting. It is recommended to drink tea and people suffering from diabetes.
- For the treatment of inflammatory processes in the oral cavity, or throat is better to use decoction for rinsing. For its preparation, two tablespoons of crushed leaves of a walnut are poured with a glass of water and put on the fire. Bring to a boil and wait another minute, then remove from heat, let stand for another hour and then strain. This decoction is also suitable for douching , in inflammatory processes in women.
Application of walnut shells
Shelling nuts, which we usually just throw away, knowledgeable people collect and treat it for many diseases. So, for clarification of vessels from cholesterol plaques, and also for strengthening of walls the tincture prepared by the following method will help a lot.
Crush the shell of 14 nuts and fill with a bottle of vodka. Need to insist during the week in a place inaccessible to sunlight. Then strain and take one tablespoon on an empty stomach in the morning. It also helps against various cysts, tumors and acts as an expectorant , in case of blockage of the bronchi, mastopathy, diseases of the thyroid gland. For those suffering from hypertension, this remedy is also indispensable.
Indispensable decoction of this part of the walnut and for women's health. Cervical erosion and inflammation of the cervix can be cured using the following prescription. Chop up the shell of twenty nuts and add it to the enameled dish, pour half a liter of water and keep it on fire until the water becomes the color of strong tea. Strain the resulting solution and dilute with boiled water in the proportion 1:10 .Syringe
Ash obtained from the shell is used to treat skin ulcers and cleanse the gastrointestinal tract from radiation. It helps with ingestion and incontinence.
Recipes from walnut shells in cosmetology
Modern cosmetics often contain shells, because in the ground state it is simply indispensable for removing dead skin cells and excess fat. Here are some recipes for making face and skin cream.
- For the preparation of shell peels, you will need two tablespoons of crushed shells in a coffee grinder, half a cup of thick cream, two tablespoons of black radish and 3 tablespoons of chamomile decoction. Mix all these ingredients and let cool in the fridge for five minutes. Apply the finished cream on the skin and leave for 10 minutes. You can use this tool no more than twice a month.
- Yet our great-grandmothers used ashes from the shell to remove unwanted hair .To do this, simply mixed it with a small amount of water and the resulting slurry was applied to the desired area. And no irritations, allergic reactions!
- As early as the Middle Ages, the Armenian doctor Amirdovlat Amasiatsi recommended mixing red wine, olive oil and shells ash. If you apply the resulting mass to the hair, they will grow faster than , have a healthy appearance.
Not only the walnut kernel is beneficial for our body, but other parts of the plant - leaves, shells, bark, etc. Because they contain a large amount of minerals, vitamins, organic acids, tannins and many others. It is they who have a great influence on our body, including the medical one. There are no such organs and systems in our body that are not affected by the nut. It is for this reason that he is considered simply indispensable for health.