If pressure rises and your head hurts, you can eat a little cherry plum, about two hundred grams. The pain will pass, the body will recover. About the healing properties of this plant is mentioned in the Vedic treatises ayuverdy. From cherry plums do famous tkemalevy sauce. This southern plant is well acclimatized in the gardens of the temperate climate zone .Let's take a closer look at the features of planting and caring for this plant in central Russia.
Table of contents
- Growing cherry plum in the middle lane and near Moscow
- Why do you need to grow plum in the country, the advantages of the tree
- Popular varieties
- When is it better to plant a tree - in spring or autumn?
- How to plant cherry plum
- Spring care
- treatmets aldermans
- Preparing a tree for winter
- How to trim cherry plums, forming crown
Growing cherry plum in the middle lane and near Moscow
The tree is unpretentious and able to interbreed with plum, peach, cherry, cherry and apricot
In the 19th century, tkemali were crossed with Chinese frost-resistant plums. The hybrid has received the name "Russian plum".This plant was the basis for the breeding of many varieties that can grow in the middle belt. Some varieties withstand thirty degrees of frost.
Why you need to grow plum in the country, the advantages of the tree
Gardeners have long and successfully grown the tree even in more northern latitudes, for example, the Kirov region. There are varieties that can be planted in the Far East .Therefore, the statement that the southern plant alcha is not quite true.
Russian plum has several advantages:
- grows on almost all soils of .But too acidic and alkaline earth endures poorly. This deficiency can be corrected. The increased acidity of the soil is neutralized by adding lime or dolomite flour( per 1 square meter of approximately 300 grams).In alkaline soil make gypsum, in the same proportion;
- quickly takes root and begins to bear fruit after a year;
- high yield .Some varieties can produce up to 30-35 kg per tree;
- since it comes from the south, tolerates the heat of the well;
- individual varieties of ripen at the end of July; , early August;
- is diluted in different ways : you can graft, graft, and plant bends;
- beautiful early honey plant ;
- contains useful for human health vitamins , minerals, acids. Recommended for many diseases;
- is widely used in cooking. They make gravy, jam, compotes, marshmallow, marmalade, sherbet from cherry plum. It turns out tasty and aromatic wine and tinctures.
All these advantages made Russian plum, so called plum, a popular plant among gardeners.
Thanks to the efforts of breeders, varieties have been developed that take root in frosty winters. At the same time significantly improved the quality characteristics of the fetus. Drugs became bigger. Yield increased. The shape and color of fruits of different tree varieties pleases with its diversity, from amber-yellow to burgundy and purple .You can choose varieties with different qualities. Sweeter, sour-sweet, juicy or those that are suitable for drying.
Most caught up in middle latitudes:
- varieties Shater, Kuban comet, Found .These are varieties that have enough large fruits ( up to 40 grams) burgundy in color with yellow pulp. All three varieties tolerate winter well. Differ yield. Mature in August.
- varieties Gift of St. Petersburg, Golds of the Scythians, Maar .These are low-growing and medium-growth frost-resistant varieties with yellow berries. The fruits are not very large .Appreciated for disease resistance and good winter hardiness.
- Grade Traveler .Early Russian plum with burgundy fruits. Good pollinates other varieties of cherry plum .
- Lama .A very beautiful tree with bardo-purple fruits and reddish leaves. Fruits up to 40 grams .
If you decide to plant plum in the cottage or garden, then it is better to do it in the spring, but purchase a plant in the fall. At this time, a larger range of planting material. With the autumn planting there is a risk that the tree will not have time to take root before the frost .
Sapling bought in the fall can prikopat. To do this, make a hole up to half a meter. Lay the tree at an angle to the south. They are added dropwise to the middle of the trunk and sprinkled with earth on top.
How to plant plum
In most cases, the soil in middle latitudes with high acidity, so you need to make lime. To plant several seedlings at once, so that they pollinate each other with .
Although cold-resistant varieties have been developed, by nature plum is a thermophilic tree. Therefore, planted on the south side, in places protected from the wind. Loves plant abundance of light.
- digging a hole in depth and along the perimeter of to 70 centimeters ;
- distance between landing pits from 2.5 to 3 meters ;
- soil is well loosened, humus, lime, mineral fertilizers are added( double superphosphate-500 grams);
- at the bottom of the pit piled a mound of ;
- plant a seedling, lightly shaking the roots of ;
- is fixed next to a support , to which a tree is tied up;
- well watered with , up to 4 buckets of water;
- tops pruned ;
- from above soil is mulched , you can peat.
More winter-hardy seedlings obtained from cuttings. Saplings in containers can be planted without holes , slightly prikopat and pour the ground on top.
In the first year after planting, the trees can not be fed , as they will have enough fertilizer made during planting.
Trees older than two years in the spring are fed .Before the tree starts to bloom, ammonium nitrate( up to 90 grams per square meter) is introduced, in early summer potassium( up to 50 grams), superphosphate( up to 180 grams).
In early spring, water is diverted so as not to heat the roots. At the same time, pruning is carried out. Remove dried branches. Thin the crown, leaving branches that are located at a distance of 20 cm from each other .The tops of the branches pinch.
The old bark is removed and the trunk is treated with copper sulfate solution( 3%).In April, sprayed from pests.
If the spring is dry, then in the spring water the plant 2-3 times with .
Summer care for cherry plum
- Pour over every 10 days for 3-4 buckets.
- Loosen the ground around the tree.
- If a powerful ovary, then install props.
In August, they are fed with organic fertilizers diluted with water.
Preparing the tree for the winter
- Make another fertilizing with organic fertilizer and mineral fertilizers.
- Before falling foliage, is watered deep under the root of ( up to 40 cm) .For these purposes, make the deepening.
- Clean the dead bark of the , bleach the stem, spray another pest.
- Root processes remove , collect leaves and burn.
If there is a hollow or wounds on the trunk, they will be covered with it. One of recipes: 150 grams of copper sulphate, 2.5 tablespoons of lime and ash per 5 liters of diluted clay with water.
How to properly trim a cherry plum, the formation of a crown
The best time to form a crown and prune trees is early spring, before the movement of juices begins.
Like a plum, they form a crown in the form of an bowl. The first year is allocated and left three branches, with an inclination of up to 60 degrees. In the second and third year, three more skeletal branches are left. Do it evenly around the perimeter, so as to get a circle. The tops are cut by the level of the third skeletal branch. Cut large branches treated with garden pitch.
It is better to form non-frost-resistant varieties in the form of an bush. In winter, they wrap themselves in snow and more easily endure frosts. To form a bush, branches are shortened to half a meter and bred to the side( up to 6 branches).For this purpose, use the goods.
The first years are summer pruning after harvesting .The tree at this time is powerfully developing, and the branches can reach 2 meters. Therefore, they are cut by about 70 cm.
Cherry plum along with traditional fruit trees, apples, plums, apricots, cherries took a worthy place in the gardens of the middle zone and Moscow region, as with proper care, you can get a high yield. The fruits of the tree are a storehouse of useful substances. A high content of vitamins C and A, treats avitaminosis. Helps rid the body of radionuclides and harmful heavy metals .Treats a cold. Recommended for people with high blood pressure and rheumatism. Cleans the blood.
In addition, it is a tasty berry. It is suitable for preservation, drying. In cooking, there are many recipes for dishes with Russian plum .Why are only marinated tomatoes with cherry plum.