Colette is an early ripe potato variety that is very popular among gardeners and summer residents. Bred in Europe, the variety became widespread in our country due to its yield and good taste. played an important role in the promotion of this potato as an opportunity to grow two crops per season of without loss of quality. A detailed description of this variety can be found below.
Table of contents
- Variety and its features
- Main characteristics
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Features of growing Coletta potatoes
- How to plant?
- How to care?
- How to get 2 harvests in 1 season?
Variety and its features
The main characteristics of
The Colette potatoes are bred by European breeders for the production of chips and French fries. A special feature of this variety is that it has a high yield .In addition to excellent taste characteristics, the variety also copes with various diseases, such as late blight.
The maximum yields are obtained with the preliminary germination of tubers. In addition, planting is recommended taking into account the alternation of cultures. Thus, potato Kolette will give a good harvest after planting legumes, perennials and winter varieties .Special care is not required, and protection from pests and diseases will increase the amount of the crop.
Fruits grow approximately the same size as an elongated shape. Colette belongs to the early varieties, abides by 60-75 days after planting in the ground and during the season can give fruit twice. Ripe potatoes have a soft yellow flesh. The mass of one potato reaches 130 grams.
With regular watering of Colette, yields a high yield, from approximately 35 to 65 tons per hectare of .The main features of the variety are that it has a smooth-to-touch peel of bright yellow color, weakly pronounced eyes and a rounded or rounded-oblong shape. The starch content in this variety is minimal - 12-18%.
Advantages and disadvantages of
chips Among the advantages are :
- high yield ;
- the ability to grow two harvests per season ;
- good taste ;
- high persistence of tubers;
- resistance of to various plant diseases;
- rapid germination .
Tubers grow quickly and give maximum growth. In addition, these fruits have the same shape and weight. Among the disadvantages are the fact that to grow such a variety is not beneficial on all types of soil. This is due to the fact that Colette’s is a heat-loving variety that requires irrigation and regular thinning of .With regard to reviews, then the producers of potato products and farmers, they are mostly positive.
Features of cultivation of potato Colette
When to plant? The terms of planting of Colette tubers in the regions of our country vary considerably. In the southern regions this is the end of April - the beginning of May, in the central and northern - the middle and the end of May .An indicator for the start of agricultural work is sufficient soil moisture, its warming up and the absence of frost on the ground and in the air. After all, early and late planting of potatoes often leads to lower yields.
How to plant?
You can increase the yield by warming the tubers until small sprouts are formed on them. It is better to plant seed in rows. The row spacing is no less than 75 cm and the distance between plants in a row is 30 cm.
Potatoes planted in the ground require proper care for a good harvest.
How to care?
In the process of growing Colette, a number of compulsory measures of should be carried out:
- The hilling of is carried out in several stages throughout the growth of the stems. The first time should be “burnt” row from two sides after the appearance of the first 2-4 leaves above the ground( you can close the seedlings completely with the ground).This will protect the gentle shoots from low temperatures at night. The next 1-2 hilling is carried out before the flowering of potatoes;
- Loosening the soil and removing weeds .Conducted as the appearance of malicious plants. The first loosening can be carried out before the emergence of shoots. In this case, the tool should not be deepened more than 1-1.5 cm, so as not to damage the shoots. It is convenient to combine the following procedures with hilling;
- Watering is carried out if there is no rain. .It is very important that the soil is wet, while it must not be excessively wetted.
- Top dressing .It is carried out 2-3 times before the start of flowering with the preparations Nitrofozka, Mortar or Effecton. The first dressing should be made if the tops are thin and the leaves have a light color. The second and third time "feed" bushes should be at intervals of 10 days.
How to get 2 harvests in 1 season?
Colette is an early ripe variety that allows you to grow 2 crops from spring to autumn without any problems. With proper care, the first crop is received in the middle of July, .Drying tops serve as a signal to start harvesting. You can dig out the bushes both manually and with the help of technology, which significantly speeds up the harvesting process. After harvesting the potatoes, the soil is weeded away from weeds and dry tops, cultivated and moisturized. After that, you can start planting potatoes. Planting and care activities are similar to those that are performed upon receipt of the first crop.
potato cancer. The Colette variety is an option for producing a large crop in one season. At the same time, it is well stored until spring, resistant to late blight and disease , is not damaged during transportation. Potato Colette is the best option for both individual cultivation and for farms.