Apricot fruits are attractive for the human diet with excellent taste and rich chemical composition. Therefore, they are popular in cooking, cosmetology and alternative medicine. Thanks to , the special technology of harvesting and drying the fruits of creates the opportunity to use the useful properties of the product all year round. In this article we will talk about dried apricots, what benefits and harm can bring to human health.
In addition to its excellent taste, apricot is a source of essential minerals and biologically active substances for the human body. They support the energy potential, protect against many diseases and increase the body's endurance.
Nutritional value per 100 g :
- proteins 0.9 g;
- Fat 0.1 g;
- carbohydrate 9 g;
- dietary fiber 2.1 g;
- water 86.2 g.
Energy value 44 kcal .
Easily digestible carbohydrates of fruits are divided into sucrose and fructose. They are rapidly absorbed into the blood, after which the central nervous system receives a signal of saturation. This allows you to adjust the appetite, which is invaluable in various diets for weight loss.
Due to the content of coarse dietary fibers, apricot fruits have a mild laxative effect of , additionally stimulating intestinal motility. This property is useful for colitis, chronic constipation and intestinal obstruction.
When consumed, 100 g of the product enters the body: :
- potassium 305 mg;
- Calcium 28 mg;
- phosphorus 26 mg;
- magnesium 8 mg;
- Silicon 5 mg;
- sodium 3 mg.
All these minerals are necessary for the full-fledged life of a person, especially useful for an organism that is growing and worn out with age.
The interaction of potassium and magnesium in the body maintains the tone of blood vessels, prevents blood clots, and regulates the rhythm of heart contractions. As a result, the endurance of the myocardium( cardiac muscle) increases, the work of the heart and the general hemodynamics of the body, , stabilize. Therefore, apricots are recommended for the diet of people with diseases of the heart and blood vessels, as well as for hypertension.
The content of apricot in the fruits of iron( 0.7 mg) and iodine( 1 μg) make them useful in anemia and thyroid diseases. The antioxidant property of apricot is caused by the content of beta-carotene ( 1.6 mg) .The substance inhibits the formation of free radicals, which contribute to the transformation of healthy cells into malignant. Therefore, daily use of apricot is a good cancer prevention. The same property is useful for protecting the body from the harmful effects of toxins entering with polluted air.
Apricot fruits contain significant amounts of human vitamins C ( 10 mg) and E ( 1.1 mg) .These organic compounds are needed to strengthen the immune system, normalize metabolic processes, blood formation, hormone synthesis, cell renewal of all body structures.
Harvesting and Drying, Kinds of Dried Fruit
The tradition of drying apricot has a long history. Previously, the fruit was dried only in natural ways, leaving them on a tree or laying out under the sun's rays. Modern manufacturers use special drying equipment and apply additional substances that improve the safety of the product. The main suppliers of the product to the Russian market are Turkey and Tajikistan.
There are several types of dried apricot :
- Kajsa( called whole fruit without pits);
- dried apricots( halves of fruits);
- apricot( fruit with a stone).
The process of harvesting dried apricots is quite time consuming. The initial stage includes manual harvesting, careful culling and storage before processing.
For the production of dried apricots, seeds are removed from the fruit, cut in half and dipped in boiling water for a few minutes. This allows you to maintain the useful qualities of the product, to give the peel of the fruit a healthy shine. All halves of the apricot are joined by hand and laid out in a special thermostat. Here they are blown by air and dry up. Drying for for 8-10 days for , fruits are reduced in the mass of 4-5 times .
Useful properties of dried apricots for the human body
Dried apricots have many advantages regarding relatively ripe fruits. It is isolated with a concentrated content of nutrients, the ability to apply the product all year round, while the consumption of fresh fruit is limited to the season. When drying apricot, is stored 85-90% useful properties .Due to the removal of water, the fruits become more high-calorie( 232 kcal), and the content of 100 g of the product of vitamins and macro and microelements increases by 3-4 times.
Use of dried apricots
The daily intake of dried apricot for an adult is 100-150 g .This fully satisfies the daily requirement of potassium, iron and beta-carotene.
Dried fruits are used to treat and prevent :
- gastrointestinal disorders;
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- cleansing the kidneys of toxins;
- anemia, anemia;
- disorders in the endocrine system;
- slagging of the body;
- eye diseases.
Regular consumption of dried apricots reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke, the formation of chronic syndromes of renal and heart failure.
The best recipes with dried apricots
In medical recipes you can use dried apricots, Kaisu or apricot. It is recommended to soak in water on 15 minutes before applying brightly colored dried fruits.
Use of dried fruits for diseases and disorders of the body :
- Vessels. Dried apricots( 5 pcs.), Hawthorn and rosehip fruits( 1 tbsp. Each) are poured with boiling water( 0.5 l) and infused in a thermos for 10 hours. Strained infusion take 100 ml 3 times daily before meals. The course of treatment is 14 days. Folk remedy suppresses the processes of thrombosis, sticking of cholesterol on the walls of blood vessels.
- Heart. For the preparation of a medical mixture, you will need dried apricots( 200 g), raisins( 20 g), walnuts( 50 g), honey( 25 g), lemon juice( 1 pc.).Finely ground ingredients are mixed with honey and lemon juice, mixed in a glass container. The mixture is kept for 3 hours. Take 2 tbsp.lspoons 1 time per day before breakfast. To improve the rhythm of the heart and strengthen the myocardium, continuous administration of the drug will be needed during the month.
- Constipation .Dried apricots( 200 g), raisins( 200 g), walnuts( 100 g), grass of the Seine( 50 g), honey( 0.5 l), flaxseed( 100 g) are passed through a meat grinder. The mixture is transferred to a glass container, stored in the refrigerator. Recommended daily use of 1 tbsp.lbefore breakfast for 5 days.
- Anemia, hypovitaminosis, immunity strengthening .Dried apricots, prunes, raisins, figs, rosehips( 100 g each) are poured with filtered water until completely submerged, soaked for 8 hours. After that, the mixture is passed through a meat grinder. Take 1 tbsp.l4 times a day for 1 month. The paste is stored in a glass container in the refrigerator.
- Eyes .Dried apricots( 3-4 pieces) pour boiling water( 0.5 l), insist 3 hours. Accept 3 times a day on 100 ml. Infusion will help strengthen the blood vessels of the eye. The same recipe will be useful for violations in the endocrine system.
- Purification of the kidneys and the body. Dried apricots( 10 pcs.) Pour boiling water( 1 l) and insist 10 hours.100 ml of the infusion is consumed before breakfast, the rest of the volume is distributed to receive during the day, gradually eating and fruit. The course of purification lasts 3 weeks, for this period exclude products of animal origin.
For the prevention of urolithiasis and strengthening the body, compote will be useful. Cooking is very simple. For this, cleaned and washed dried apricots( 300 g) are poured with water( 2.5 l) and cooked for no more than 6-7 minutes on low heat. To make the drink more useful, sugar is replaced with natural honey. Compote will be useful for the daily diet of people of different ages.
The benefits and harm of the core of apricot kernels
Inside the apricot kernels are kernels resembling almonds to taste, which in many countries are used to prepare delicious dishes.
Macroelements in Apricot Kernels( 100 g) :
- Magnesium 196 mg;
- phosphorus 461 mg;
- potassium 802 mg;
- sodium 90 mg;
- Calcium 93 mg.
Iron content 7 mg. The vitamin composition of the product is nicotinic acid( PP) 4.15 mg. Energy value of the product 502 kcal .
Apricot kernels are widely known for their oil, whose content reaches up to 60%. The main beneficial properties of apricot kernels are associated with fatty acids: palmitic, oleic and linoleic. They have anti-inflammatory and antiarrhythmic properties, reduce cholesterol levels, and have a beneficial effect on the nervous system. Apricot kernels - a unique complex consisting of fatty acids and macronutrients for the treatment of cardiac and vascular pathologies.
Apricot kernels contain dietary fiber that absorbs toxins in the intestines. It is useful for healthy microflora, an imbalance of which causes dysbacteriosis.
The composition of apricot kernels includes the substance benzaldehyde, which has analgesic properties. Regular consumption of the product relieves painful sensations for arthritis, arthrosis and rheumatoid diseases .Anti-inflammatory and mucolytic properties of nuclei help in the treatment of SARS, influenza, bronchopulmonary diseases, nephritis.
The core contains amygdalin ( B17) .Organic matter when in contact with malignant cells breaks down into hydrocyanic acid and benzaldehyde, substances with strong carcinogenic properties. Therefore, the product is often included in the diet therapy of people with malignant tumors.
The composition of apricot kernels has a toxic effect on helminths. Traditional medicine recommends using them as anthelmintic .
Apricot kernels can be included in the daily diet without treatment to strengthen the immune system and prevent heart disease. It is important to know: daily rate of an adult person is 20 g , and children 10 g .With an increase in the recommended amount, the harmless amygdalin threshold for the body will increase. This can result in poisoning.
- Arrhythmia. Crushed kernels( 20 pcs.), Ground lemons( 0.5 kg), honey( 0.5 l) are mixed and kept for 2 days in a cool place. Mixture take 1 tbsp.lbefore breakfast and before dinner. The course of treatment is 14 days.
- Dry cough. Fry the cores( 250 g) with water( 0.5 l) and cook for 1 hour. After that, add the kernels of walnuts( 250 g), evaporate the liquid, add honey( 0.5 l) and keep on slow fire for 3 minutes. The mixture is taken on an empty stomach 2 times a day for 1 tsp.to ease the state.
- Inflammation of the airways. Dried kernels are ground to powder. For use, the powder is dissolved in warm milk, distributing 20 g of product for the whole day.
- Dermatitis. To reduce inflammation, relieve itching, and soften crusts, lubricate problem areas with apricot oil 3 times a day.
With helminth infections , daily use of raw apricot kernels is recommended, which increase the toxic effects of the main drugs.
The apricot kernels are not recommended for people with hypersensitivity of the body .In case of chronic pathologies, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
The widespread use and significant properties of apricot for a person allows him to be regarded as a valuable culture. Apricot is of industrial importance for many countries of , it is developed by amateur gardeners, and the range of culture is constantly being improved by breeders. Therefore, we can enjoy fruits of different flavors and acquire a quality product.