Horticulture has long been known for many different types of tomatoes, with individual characteristics and properties. There are also new varieties, such as the Japanese truffle variety, below we will give its characteristics and description, as well as tell about the features of cultivation.Contents
truffle In shape, a tomato resembles an expensive mushroom of the same name - for which it got its name. Narrowed from above, it expands to the bottom, like a pear or a light bulb.
The variety according to the characteristics is considered to be the middle-season hybrid, the first crop is going to after 115 days .In the open ground, the plant is stretched to one and a half meters, and in the greenhouse it grows to two.
Fruits weighing 120 grams are formed into brushes of 5 pieces. They are characterized by the presence of density, as the skin, and pulp. These tomatoes have a pleasant taste. The best way to use them is canning.
. Subspecies of Japanese truffles.
. The main variety cultivated is subdivided by color. There are several subspecies, each of which according to the description has its own unique taste.
- Red color - the most common. This type is suitable for salads, marinating, pickling, first and second courses. The dimensions are small: from three to five centimeters. Differs in the presence of sweetness and high level of preservation.
- Black truffle causes a lot more positive reviews than its counterparts. He is praised for an interesting look, a pleasant taste and a relatively high yield. It has fewer stepsons than the red subspecies, but the shelf life in raw form is less.
- Pink .Sweet fruits of a pinkish shade, not much different from other types. Yields are average.
- Yellow ( Golden) has the brightest and most intense shade, valued for its beautiful appearance and exquisite almost fruity taste.
Breeding history and region of growth
It is difficult to establish the origin of the varietal variety precisely because opinions differ on this subject. According to the convictions of breeders of Western countries, the birthplace of Japanese truffles is Russia. But in the Russian market, he appeared recently.
Not all residents are familiar with this interesting look, and it is not included in the State Register, as a selective achievement of the Russian Federation. Was registered in 2001.
The shrubs grow well in the open area, but in cold regions it is recommended to grow them in the greenhouse .
Advantages and disadvantages of
The main features that characterize this variety from the best side are taste, safety of .The special properties, dense consistency with a small amount of liquid, makes it ideal for canning.
The disadvantages include the low yield index .Also, bushes, despite resistance to diseases, need proper care throughout the season. They are capricious for temperature and have weak hands.
Growing seedlings of this tomato has no particular differences from the reproduction of other varieties. Procurement begins in March or in April .
When sowing, it is important to observe the temperature and moderate humidity. The first days of the containers are kept in a warm place, covered with a transparent film. The appearance of two or three leaflets means that the sprouts need to dive in separate pots.
Transplantation of seedlings in open ground
On the garden young plants are planted from mid-May .The soil by this time is warm enough under the sun.
Recommended landing pattern: 40 by 40 centimeters .Compliance with this distance is necessary for optimal ventilation and power bushes.
Conditions of growing
Successful plant growth is accompanied by the following actions:
- Watering .It should monitor the soil, regularly moistening it. It is preferable to water in the evening with warm, settled water. Then you need to gently loosen the top layer.
- Mulching prevents many problems: rapid drying of the soil, development of weeds, and the appearance of rot.
- Top dressing .Gardeners recommend to fertilize bushes with wood ash and other natural compounds.
- The formation of is carried out in two or three stems. This is the number that gives the best results.
- Masking .For this species, this procedure is carried out all summer. The growth of branches is very fast, because pruning must be done in a timely manner. The extra branches make the plant heavier, taking away the power to build up the foliage instead of the fruit.
- Weed Removal is needed so that weeds do not take nutrients from the land cover where tomatoes grow.
- Airing .This item refers to samples grown under greenhouse conditions.
The peculiarity of care is tying the brushes, in addition to the stem, to avoid creases.
Features fruiting grade
According to reviews, yields are not too high: from 2 to 4.5 kilograms from a bush.
For maximum impact, it is recommended to start preparing the soil in the fall. During this period, the earth is dug up, fertilizer is applied.
The best predecessor of tomatoes is onions. Planting a culture in a place where members of the family of bouillonids are not worth it.
Diseases and their prevention
The variety has good resistance to the main problem of tomato plantings: phytophthora. It is resistant to many other diseases.
The disease for which these tomatoes are vulnerable is called . Fomoz ( Brown rot).It affects the crop, penetrating the pulp and leaving brown spots on the surface of the skin.
In case of contamination, the soil and the inner surfaces of the greenhouse are disinfected. All affected parts are removed .For prevention, plantings should be protected from excessive dampness, and also not to use large amounts of nitrogen fertilizers.
Growing a variety requires some effort. But many gardeners, having tried the Japanese truffle, plant the plant next year, which definitely speaks in its favor.