Bean plants, which are known to man today, account for nearly ninety species. Black Bean is considered to be a unique, but little-spread legume. Its useful and harmful qualities are somewhat different from the known varieties, but in terms of nutritional and medicinal qualities, this plant is recommended for use. Let's take a closer look at this legume representative, what benefits and harms such beans bring to the human body.
Table of Contents
- Useful Properties for
- Use in Traditional MedicineEgyptians and Chinese, but more than two hundred years ago, it fell on our territory, having come a long way from South America through France. To date, residents of Brazil and Mexico continue to use it as the main ingredient of their diet. But if you think about it, this role of black beans is most suitable because it is considered the most nutritious variety.
Both the pods and their contents are colored black. At first glance it may even seem that they are just dirty or tainted by some disease. Cultivation conditions and a certain variety affect the grain size. There are those that are the largest among the legumes.
Bean grain silky black, the structure is dense. They taste slightly sweetish, give a hint of smoked meat, which is considered a special business card of this plant. In cooking, black beans are perfectly used as an additive to meat and fish dishes, in soups, served with baked or fried vegetables.
Useful properties of
A plant is distinguished by a record calorific value when compared with other bean varieties. One hundred grams of product accounts for 314 kcal, , which is almost sixty more than in red. The main nutrients are proteins, fats and carbohydrates. In addition, the beans contain a lot of fiber, and if a day to eat one hundred and forty grams of the product, you can freely fill the need for dietary fiber.
. It affects the plant and the level of trace elements. The entire list consists of twenty three items, the main ones being:
Some metals belong to the group of heavy, and can harm the body, for this reason product before use is subjected to serious heat treatment , to digest all the toxic substances. This reduces three times the caloric content and the content of useful components.
Present in beans and amino acids, whose role in health and longevity cannot be overestimated. They help to update tissues, maintain stability in the metabolism of proteins and carbohydrates, hinder the development of oncology.
Useful components contained in beans, affect the entire body, not limited to its specific systems:
- potassium helps against various puffiness, strengthens blood vessels, reduces the load on the heart;
- is very useful for women beans in that the vitamin group B contained in it is considered a source for beauty and youth. In combination with other vitamins and mineral components, their rejuvenating properties are manifested quite strongly - they improve tone, remove toxins, give a healthy appearance to the skin and nails, normalize the nervous system;
- beans helps cleanse the body of slag accumulations, removes cholesterol from blood vessels, dissolves kidney stones;
- participates in blood coagulation ;
- with regular use of the product improves the functioning of the brain , slows the aging process.
Bean is considered a good helper in the battle with overweight and obesity. But before its use is still recommended to consult with doctors.
Harm and contraindications for use
With all its positive virtues, the plant can also have a harmful effect on the body. This bean is considered the most high-calorie and heavy product for digestion, , so it should not be consumed with intestinal colic, ulcers, gout, and an increased level of gastric acidity. Another contraindication is an allergenic effect on people with individual intolerance.To make it easier for the digestive tract to cope with high levels of fiber, it is recommended to drink plenty of fluids when using this product.
Use in folk medicine
To reduce the level of sugar contained in the blood, is recommended to take infusions and decoctions, made on the basis of bean sashes. High quality protein, thus entering the body, is involved in the construction of insulin.
In addition, infusions are excellent in anti-inflammatory and antirheumatic drugs, are diuretic compounds that can reduce pressure in arteries and dissolve stones in the bladder and kidneys.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Often, legumes are excluded from the list of recommended vegetables during breastfeeding due to the fact that they can cause colic and bloating in the baby’s tummy. But the beans at the same time continues to be considered a nutritional product that can even increase the amount of mother's milk. And if this vegetable is introduced into the diet competently, you can significantly diversify a woman’s diet and enrich her milk with useful vitamin formulations.
In addition, the salt contained in the beans and useful trace elements will help stabilize the reproductive system of the nursing mother, will have a general strengthening on the whole body.
beans Preparation of
- infusions Bean sash grind into a coffee grinder into powder. 50 g of it is poured with boiling water( 400 ml), infused overnight in a thermos. It is necessary to take twenty minutes before a meal in half a glass;
- powdered sash in the amount of three spoons poured with cold water( 1 liter) , infused for eight hours, filtered. Before meals take one glass.
Before applying the decoction or infusion it should be shaken up.
- decoction a spoonful of bean sash powder is poured with a glass of boiling water, boiling for twenty minutes in a water bath. Broth should be cooled, strain and squeeze. Reception lead three times a day, three spoons;
- kilogram of bean sash is boiled in three liters of water, is filtered. It should be eaten on an empty stomach for a long time, one glass each.
Such beans can be grown on the plot. It is recommended to use the Kindi variety, which is characterized by a black tinge and a sweet taste of with the presence of a small bitterness. To keep the beans for a long time, it should be dried, laid out on sheets and placed in a dry room with good ventilation. Further storage is carried out in cans or fabric bags.