Was Bosch's E09 Error Appearing in a Bosch Dishwasher? We will help you deal with the problem. First of all, you need to understand that the code indicates a malfunction of the heating element. How to fix it, read this article.
- 1 Error code value
- 2 For some reason, breaks the heater
- 3 How to troubleshoot
Error code value
Icon E 09 indicate a problem with the heater( heater).Most likely, the part burned down and needs to be replaced, but it is not so simple. The flow heater in the dishwasher is different from the heating element in the washing machine. It is attached to the recirculation pump for efficient water heating.
How does it work? The pump pumps water, and then passes it through the heater. The pressure of hot water contributes to washing dishes.
Since the heating element is part of a circulation pump( or engine), you cannot buy it separately for replacement. It is important to consider the model PMM "Bosch" when buying parts, because the error E09 is characteristic of third-generation technology.
Failure of the heating element happens in 90% of cases, if the machine gives an error E9.But the remaining 10% comes from:
- problem with electrical wiring;
- temperature sensor failure;
- incorrect operation of the main module.
For what reasons does the heating element break
? If you don’t want to face this problem later, remember the main reasons for its occurrence:
- Water leakage. Over time, gaskets and seals in the technique wear out, so there may be a leak. As a result, water enters the pan, where the heater and engine are located. Often the glass at the junction with the case loses tightness. However, it is worth checking not only this one, but also all the other elements: connections, hoses.
- Clogged filter. Periodically drainage filter needs cleaning. This is the prevention of many problems and the prevention of other error codes. Due to blockage, the water circulates slowly, which leads to overheating of the heater. Therefore, the system can show the code E09.How to fix the situation? Open the hopper door and find the mesh filter at the bottom, remove it and rinse it with water. No matter how you try to clean the dishes from food, small pieces still fall into the Bosch dishwasher, leading to blockages.
- Scale. Poor quality hard water affects the performance of the MMP.Lime deposits accumulate on the heater, forming a thick layer. Heaters longer heats the water, and then overheats and burns. Use salt to soften water and prevent limescale.
Problems with wiring or temperature sensor occur due to instability in the network. If you have not yet installed the voltage regulator when connecting the dishwasher, we recommend to do it. Otherwise, the control module may burn.
A short circuit also occurs during the contact with water.
What should I do if a problem is found? Follow our instructions.
How to troubleshoot
first you need to eliminate the system crash. If the fault code flashes for the first time, you need to know how to reset the program:
- unplug the power cord;
- wait 10-15 minutes;
- connect the machine to the network.
Error is no longer displayed on the screen? Then the problem is solved. If it lights up again, it means that you will have to change the heater - for this you need to disassemble the PMM.Ready to repair yourself? Then here is the sequence of work:
- Disconnect the dishwasher from the network, water, sewage.
- Remove plastic clips that are located along the edges of the PMM housing.
- Unscrew and remove the front part of the equipment.
- Under the door is a metal strip. Unscrew it.
- Remove heat insulation.
- Remove the screws around the perimeter of the pallet.
- Open the door of the bunker, release it from the baskets.
- Remove the beam from the seat.
- Remove the filter and mesh from the bottom.
- Remove the four screws that hold the circulation pump.
- Now put a rag and turn the machine on the back wall.
- Loosen the screws around the perimeter and remove the pan.
- Disconnect the wires from the drain pump, unscrew the screws.
- Turn the pump clockwise and remove it.
- Remove everything that keeps the circulation unit in place: wires, hoses, connections.
- Remove the clamp holding the heating element on the pump. Remove the heater.
- Install the new part in the reverse order.
If you are not sure of the failure of the heating element, measure the resistance of its contacts with a multimeter.
Now you know what the error code E09 means. We have described which parts need to be checked and how to fix the damage correctly. Act consistently and do not forget to adhere to safety rules. Home repair seems too complicated? Then call for the help of experts.
How to eliminate other errors that appear on the display of the dishwasher, and to understand their decoding, read in a separate article.