Cucumber is a vegetable that can be found on every household plot of .To obtain a rich harvest, it is necessary to find the right place, prepare the soil and follow all the rules for growing this beloved and useful culture. From all this depends on the quantity and quality of the harvest. In this article, , we’ll talk about Claudius F1 variety cucumbers.
- Description and cucumber varieties feature Claudia
- Advantages and cucumbers disadvantages
- to soil requirements
- Planting and growing
- watering and hoeing
- Diseases and
- prevention Powdery mildew
- Cucumber mosaic
- harvest andstorage rules
Description and characteristics of cucumber variety Claudia
Claudia is a variety of cucumber forming fruits without pollination , as it has female-type flowers.
Claudia F1 - high-yielding and thermophilic variety , was bred in the 90s by hybridization. Fruiting occurs two months after the first shoots.
According to the description, the fruits have an elongated shape with small tubercles on the skin, up to 12 cm long and weighing up to 90 grams.
According to the characteristics of the pulp is dense, without bitterness and with a fragrant taste.
The advantages and disadvantages of cucumbers
Claudia F1 variety cucumbers enjoyed the taste of many gardeners because of the following:
The disadvantages include only:
- Heat loving.
- The variety is not early maturing. Claudia F1
- is susceptible to powdery mildew and cucumber mosaic.
To obtain a rich harvest, you must take full responsibility for the choice of location and quality of the soil for planting seeds or cucumber seedlings.
Properly selected place increases seed germination and seedling survival rate:
- beds, for planting cucumbers in open ground, prepared in a well-lit place, without drafts;
- soil should be with neutral acidity, loose and moisture-intensive;
- in preparing the ridges in the fall, it is necessary to add organic matter, in the form of manure, and phosphorus-potassium fertilizers to the ground;
- for spring preparation - add compost or humus.
Planting and growing
Cucumbers can be planted in greenhouses and in open ground, seedling and seed.
Before sowing, it is necessary to prepare seeds. For this you need:
- Select high-quality seeds .Prepared seeds should be dipped in brine, after five minutes all the seeds that have been lowered are washed and dried.
- Seeds are soaked to the nakleva , for this they are wrapped in a damp cloth.
- Seed Warming .This procedure is necessary to obtain more female-type flowers.
- Disinfection - for good germination and getting rid of pathogenic bacteria. Prepared seeds are disinfected for 25 minutes in a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
To plant seeds of the Claudia F1 variety in the open ground, you can only after heating the soil at 18-20 degrees.
To do this, it is necessary to make beds 100 cm wide and 25 cm high. For such beds, seeds are sown in two rows at a distance of 15 cm from each other and to a depth of 2 cm.
They grow up seedlings for an earlier harvest:
- For seedlings seeds are sown in the middle or end of April , depending on climatic conditions. The optimal time for sowing is one month before disembarking to a permanent place.
- Seeds are planted in a nourishing and moist soil.
- To accelerate germination it is necessary to make a micro-greenhouse, where the temperature will hold about 25 degrees.
- After the emergence of the seedlings, watering is carried out using the spray gun only after the topsoil has dried out.
- In order to prevent seedling stretching, it is necessary to gradually lower the temperature.
- Before planting a permanent , seedlings need to be hardened by .For this, seedlings are carried out to the open air for a few minutes.
The root system of cucumbers is quite fragile .Therefore, seedlings are recommended to grow in peat pots, in which they are planted in a permanent place.
. Claudia F1 cucumber will enjoy a generous harvest only if you follow uncomplicated care rules.
Care for the Claudia F1 variety consists in garter, watering and loosening, fertilizing.
Garter Since the variety is medium-lined, needs to be properly shaped and tied up with .Garter significantly increases yield.
Side shoots are shortened at a length of 50 cm, and second-order shoots should not exceed 15 cm.
How to shape cucumbers:
Watering and loosening
Watering cucumbers depends on climatic conditions:
- in hot weather, they irrigate the daily water in the morning, in winter, in winter.
- in cloudy weather - once a week;
- for each bush should be consumed up to 3 liters.
Loosening of the soil between the rows is necessary to ensure air penetration to the root system. This procedure is carried out every 14 days. Loosening is carried out after watering to a depth of 4-8 cm.
. Top dressing
The quality and quantity of the crop depends on timely feeding.
The first two supplements are administered at 10-day intervals, before fruiting. To do this, use the mineral dressing.
During the fruiting period of , the plant also needs a sufficient amount of nutrients. They are fed three times per season with an interval of 7-10 days, with organic and mineral fertilizers.
Top dressing is carried out in the morning after careful strait brushing.
From organic matter, manure ideally diluted in water in a ratio of 1:10 or a concentrated solution of Ideal( 0.5 liters per 50 liters of water) is ideal.
Common mistakes when growing:
- Thick landing.
- Failure of the garter and the formation of the bush.
- Irregular watering.
- Insufficient feeding of the bush.
- Untimely harvest.
Diseases and Prevention
Claudia F1 variety is immune to many diseases, but can be affected by powdery mildew and borage mosaic .
This is an fungal disease that infects leaves as a white, mealy coating. The fungus during reproduction takes all the micronutrients from the plant. When untimely assistance, the plant dies.
The disease can occur: with an excess of nitrogenous fertilizers and water on the leaves when watering.
Treatment consists of spraying an bush with fungicides or folk methods.
viral disease - infects leaves and fruits. They take a yellow-green color and eventually begin to shrink.
In order to save the plant, needs to be transplanted to another place .
Harvesting and storage rules
Cucumber collection begins when the fruit reaches 12 cm .For a rich harvest, the fruits are removed once every 2 days.
Since the Claudia variety is not prone to overgrowing, the harvest can be taken at intervals of 3 days. Only fruits are removed from the bush, the stalks are left on the stems.
The fruits of the Claudia variety are kept in the refrigerator for about 30 days of the , while they retain all their beneficial properties.
Ripe fruits are ideal in salads and preserved .Their even and slightly bumpy surface, as well as their small size, make it possible to preserve them in small oak barrels.
With the observance of all the rules of growing and caring for cucumbers, get a rich and high-quality harvest. With proper preservation, cucumbers will delight with a crunch throughout the winter.