The foundation of any building is the foundation. The construction of the house begins with its installation. Today, a lot of foundation technology is used, but the search and improvement of new developments never stops. This construction innovation is the Swedish plate - the foundation, the technology of which is of European origin.
- Do-it-yourself Swedish Plate
- House on a Swedish stove - the pros and cons
You will not need to carry out additional work on filling the screed, leveling the floor, since the warm Swedish plate is already in itself a rough floor. Laying the floor covering on top is all that is required of you at the final stage.
This foundation is best suited for country or low-rise construction. The use of modern technology, building materials allows in a short time to make laying quality base, which will be located all the required communications. Arrangement of such a foundation( the Swedish plate) takes much less time than installing a strip or pile foundation.
Do-It-Yourself Swedish Plate
In the course of work, pipes for floor heating( water floor technology) are laid in this foundation, and the sewerage and water supply system passes under insulation layers. A characteristic feature of the Swedish plate is thermal insulation protection( penoplex, polystyrene foam), which fits both below and on the sides of the entire foundation. Thus, the insulation repeats the form of the formwork, and after its dismantling it remains in place.
Swedish slab consists of layers:
- gravel( or gravel);
- roofing material( or thermoplastic film);
- extruded polystyrene foam;
- reinforced carcass;
- pipe system;
- re-layer reinforced mesh;
- concrete layer.
Insulated Swedish stove is perfect for building houses on a swampy area or on the ground with a close location of groundwater. This kind of slab base also proved itself well on weak heaving and bulk types of soil. The Swedish plate is not afraid of any manifestations of chemical aggression of the soil or frost heaving, thanks to chemically inert polystyrene foam protecting it from all sides.
Swedish cooker - technology:
- Preliminarily mark the boundaries of the future foundation, then dig a foundation pit. The removed layer of earth is approximately 45-60 cm.
- The bottom of the excavation is leveled, the grooves for sewer and water pipes are prepared.
- Stacked pipes.
- formwork mounted on the perimeter.
- If possible, a layer of clay( approximately 15 cm) can be poured at the bottom and tamped carefully. Clay will act as an additional waterproofing.
- Next comes a layer of gravel( or rubble), about 5 cm. It is also packed tightly.
- Sand is poured on gravel( 10 cm) and is also rammed.
- Roofing material or waterproofing film is laid over the sand cushion( overlap).
- Now you can put polystyrene, the minimum thickness of the material should be 10 cm.
- A reinforced grille is mounted on the insulation layer, the dimensions of the cells should be about 10 × 10 cm. The reinforcement with a diameter of 12-16 mm is recommended.
- A warm floor system is laid on top of the reinforced mesh. At the same time from the side walls need to retreat about 15 cm and lay the pipe in the "snake" or "snail" type. The pitch between the pipes should be 10-25 cm. The smaller the pitch is, the warmer it will be. Closer to the walls of the pipe fit more closely than in the center of the room. The heating circuit along its length should not be more than 100 meters( in order to avoid active hydraulic resistance).
- A reinforced mesh is laid on top of the pipes.
- Pipes are connected to the manifold, pressure tested. Before pouring concrete, it is highly desirable to pump the pipes of the water floor with air - this will not allow them to deform under the weight of the concrete mass.
- Concrete is poured horizontally( layer 10 cm).For compaction of concrete must necessarily use a vibrator. It removes air bubbles from the concrete mass.
- The surface of the concrete levels out 2-2.5 hours after pouring.
- The formwork is dismantled after the concrete slab hardens.
During the curing process, it is necessary to moisten the concrete periodically so that it does not crack. After all the actions taken, you will have an energy-saving foundation “insulated Swedish stove” - USP abbreviated.содерж to the content ↑
The house on the Swedish stove - the pros and cons of
In any construction process there are pros and cons. Setting the foundation is a serious stage, so you need to be aware of the nuances that you will have to face. After weighing all the pros and cons, you can make the right decision, calculate your capabilities.
Swedish stove - advantages :
- This foundation has excellent energy-saving indicators, in fact, it is the accumulator of the heat of your home. At any time of the year your floor will be warm.
- All communication systems are installed in the base of the Swedish plate - this optimizes the construction process of the house as a whole.
- There are no shrinkage and temperature seams - an important aspect - the key to "longevity" of the foundation.
- Swedish slab is the ideal base for laying any floor covering. The surface for the finished floor will already be flat, as the concrete is poured by level.
- On this foundation, you can build a structure of any type. Frame or panel house, block, stone, brick buildings, log houses - any residential structures with a maximum of 3 floors.
- Depending on what size the house will be, construction time as a whole is significantly reduced. This foundation is being built pretty quickly. After about a month, you can begin to build the walls of the house.
- If you have a warmed Swedish plate as your foundation, the problems of dampness and various fungi will not affect you. The foundation with heating is not only a comfortable integrated solution, but also a rational one.
Using the built-in "water floor" system will provide heat not only inside the house, but will not allow the soil beneath it to freeze through. The thermal conductivity of such a foundation is 3-4 times lower than that of a standard base.
Swedish warm stove is a foundation with many advantages, but it will be fair to highlight the so-called disadvantages of this technology. It should be noted that the majority of the disadvantages described below also apply to other foundations of slab type.
The first thing that comes to mind is the cost of building the base, but they cannot be defined as a minus, because in the long run, the side costs of installing heating will rather look like a plus.
Swedish Plate - Cons:
- This type of foundation is designed for construction on a flat plot of land. If the terrain has a slope, then all construction stages will result in a large amount.
- Practically all types of soils are suitable for such a foundation, however, soil with very low bearing capacity( for example, peat soil) is not suitable for a Swedish plate.
- If your future home has a large size and a complex construction project, then you will need skilled craftsmen with similar work experience to get involved. A really good master is not so easy to find.
- Be prepared for the fact that the floor level will be equal to the ground level behind the wall of the house. If the monolithic Swedish plate averages 30-40 cm, then with such a foundation you will have a low base.
- The cost of modern, mostly imported materials.
- It should be remembered that this type of foundation is not designed for large, heavy buildings.
- Access to the repair of communications - this factor cannot be ruled out, despite the fact that the operational periods of many modern communication systems are quite long. No matter how reliable, well-thought-out a warmed Swedish stove, problems of sewage and water supply, alas, may occur. The search for access to integrated engineering communications, solutions to the problem that has arisen will result in a considerable amount.
Starting to build such a foundation, calculate all the nuances and construction stages. Use only high-quality materials, because at home we are building not for a couple of years, but for many years.
Swedish stove - the foundation is modern and warm, it will provide an ideal microclimate inside, eliminate the appearance of dampness, and the house itself will not precipitate, will not crack.