Power and classes of washing machines: the ratio of indicators
When choosing kitchen assistants, we are increasingly paying attention not only to their appearance, but also cost-effectiveness. For example, a properly selected washing machine power will help to quite significantly reduce energy costs while maintaining excellent washing quality.
Very often when buying household appliances, we listen to the advice of a sales assistant. And almost always he connects the power of the unit with its class of energy consumption. But in real “life” of an automatic machine, these values will differ. We will understand?
- 1 Classes of washing machines
- 2 Factors affecting the indicators of used energy
- 3 Unplanned leakage of electricity
Classes of washing machines
On the case of any household appliances you can easily find an information sticker. The first thing that comes to the attention of the buyer is the classes of electricity consumption marked in Latin letters from A( with and without pluses) to G. The automatic machine with markings A, B, C is considered the most economical and consumes 15-19 W / h(from A ++ to A), 23 W / h( B) and 27 W / h( C).How much electrics are consumed during the work of the most uneconomical washing machines with G marking? At first glance, not a very big figure - more than 31 W / h.
What do these mysterious numbers in watts mean? This is the power consumption of the automatic machine in one hour, when you push the full( without fanaticism) drum of things from cotton and choose a temperature of 60 ° C. This indicator is divided into kilograms of dry laundry and is taken as the standard. That is, to wash 1 kg of cotton clothes at a temperature of 60 ° C, you must use a certain amount of watts, which depends on the class of your assistant. With this sorted out, we go further.
And what is the maximum power of washing machines for technical specifications? Look again for indicators in watts on the information label. It can be 2-4 kW.Quite a lot, right?
This does not mean, of course, that it is exactly this amount of energy your assistant consumes during work. In other words, it is just its stock, potential, "ceiling".
Interestingly, how many kW leaves when working washing machines in real mode?
So, the physical quantity, that is, the maximum power of washing machines of class A is about 2.3 kW.How much does this work per hour in the mode chosen for the standard? If the machine is designed for 5 kg of dry linen, then approximately 95-100 watts. Interestingly, the same indicators are used for class B, C cars. Let's digress a little: is it worth overpaying for the “A with plus signs” labeling?
How many times do you take a wash during the week? If 3 times for 2 hours, then in this situation the automatic machine consumes 24 kW during a month.36 kW is considered to be close to the standard.
Factors affecting the indicators of energy used
And then how many kW will you get when you plan a wash with pre-soaking, boiling down and extra rinsing, not to mention drying! Clearly, the power consumption will increase, but will not exceed the physical quantity - 2.3 kW.
Indeed, the consumption of a certain amount of electricity of a washing machine depends on many factors.
- Washing program. Each program has a certain duration, its own temperature of heating water, the intensity of the revolutions of the drum during the wash itself or spin. By the way, a machine with a small capacity heats water longer, it does not squeeze so well. And, by the way, it quickly fails when it is constantly running at maximum capacity.
- Fabric Type. Most often for him and choose a particular program. In addition, different materials may weigh differently when wet.
- Additional functions( rinsing, easy ironing).Each additional option requires a certain amount of energy. Keep this in mind when choosing a program!
Unplanned Electricity Leak
What can cause unnecessary power consumption, which consumes a washing machine-machine? Most often, various little things are not worth our attention.
- Try to constantly turn off your assistant from the outlet after washing. It turns out that even an innocuous standby mode can be a good electrician.
- Not fully loaded the drum - spent 10-15% more energy. So it is better to make one full bookmark than to do several small washes.
- Chose the wrong washing mode - "burned" the extra 30% of precious kilowatts!
- Do not remind about the unwarranted use of the dryer. Try to enjoy the free energy of nature on sunny and windy days.
Admit how many times you did not pay attention to such trifles? But the penny saves the penny!
Look at the work of the automatic machine in the future, then you will feel much more power saving.