Siberian early ripening is a determinant, early ripening and high-yielding variety of tomatoes. It was bred in 1959 by crossing the variety "Hybrid 114" with "Hybrid 534/1".Although the variety is considered old, it remains a favorite for many gardeners. Consider the main characteristics and description of the early Siberian.
Description and characteristics:
- The crop ripens for 110 days from shoots.
- Low-growing shrub, grows up to 80 cm.
- Fruits are low-ridged, round or flat-round, bright red in color, weighing up to 110 grams.
- Number of sockets from 5 to 12.
- Suitable for planting, both in open and in closed ground.
- The variety is early ripening, it grows ideally in any climatic conditions.
- High yield variety.
- Well transported.
Friskets are stored in closed boxes. Laying produce stalks up. Selected tomatoes must be clean and dry. In such conditions, tomatoes retain their freshness for up to 2 months.
. Tomato cultivation methods.
. Tomato cultivation. To harvest high yields, it is necessary to grow healthy seedlings.
- To obtain strong seedlings and for the prevention of various diseases, the seeds must first be soaked for 30 minutes in a weak solution of potassium permanganate, washed and dried.
- To increase the yield of the bush, the seeds are treated with Ambion or Etin.
- The prepared seed is planted in nutrient soil and covered with foil. At observance of temperature condition, shoots appear in a week.
- Young seedlings need warmth and watering( only after the top layer has dried).
- Watering is done from a spray bottle.
- When two, three true sheets appear, the seedlings swoop in different pots.
- To make the plant stronger, it needs to be hardened. For this, it is exposed to fresh air for 5-10 minutes.
You can plant seedlings in two ways:
- in open ground hardened seedlings are planted at the age of 2 months, in late May, early July( depending on the region of residence), to eliminate the threat of springfrosts. Tomatoes are planted according to the scheme: the interval between the bushes 60-70 cm and 30-40 cm - between the furrows. After planting, the plant is shed with warm, settled water. Inflorescences are formed after the appearance of six sheets;
- in closed ground seedlings are planted in mid-April. In greenhouse conditions, the bush grows to 80 cm, and therefore all plants need a support and a garter. The garter of the bush provides uniform illumination and protection against plant breakage. The garter is made only under the branch with the fruits. The optimum temperature for a good harvest is +22 - +24 degrees.
In the open field, the fruits grow larger and juicy, but the yield is significantly lower than in the greenhouse.Although the variety is not capricious, it is better to grow tomatoes in the place where legumes, cabbage and cucumbers used to grow.
When planting seedlings, to obtain a rich harvest, , 10 grams of superphosphate must be added to each well.
Fertilize bushes 2-3 times per season. , alternating mineral and organic supplements. From organic matter, for tomatoes Siberian early maturing, mullein, chicken droppings or green manure are considered the best feeding.
To prevent burns, fertilizers are applied only after careful watering of the plant.
.Watering is best done in the evening or early in the morning.
Diseases and pests of "fast paces"
Siberian early-ripe tomato resistant to various diseases and viruses. However, when growing tomatoes, there is a risk of encountering such diseases as:
- late blight .Treatment consists of treating plants with fungicides or 10% solution of table salt;
- sulfur rot .You can get rid of it with the help of fungicides and triazole preparations;
- Fusarium and Alternaria .It is treated with fungicides.
This tomato is ideal for pickling, preserving, mashed potatoes, juice, sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, salads and even jam. Tastes are good.
In the XIX century, tomatoes were grown as a houseplant on the window. In England, they were on a par with greenhouse plants, and in France they served as decor for decorative arbors.A tomato contains the hormone of happiness - serotonin. According to scientists, one eaten tomato improves mood, and when consumed daily, it reduces the risk of oncology.
Although Siberian early maturity is considered old, it remains very reliable and in demand, as well as a favorite variety for most summer residents.
The variety has many advantages:
- is cold-resistant;
- gives a stable and rich harvest;
- earlier fruiting;
- grade resistant to infections and viruses;
- fruits do not crack;
- tolerates long-term transportation.