Tomato Big Mommy is a new ultra-early variety of tomatoes created by Russian breeders, which many gardeners have already managed to fall in love with. It is easy to take care of these tomatoes, therefore even beginners can handle growing this variety. The description and characteristics of Big Mommy's tomato are given below.
- . Contents: Contents- This is a determinant type of tomatoes. In other words, after the fifth brush appears, the bush ceases to grow and all its forces go to the formation and ripening of fruits. That is why the plant height reaches the entire 65-70 cm , which does not prevent to collect up to 10 kg of tomatoes from each bush. The powerful root system of tomato disperses in width, so that the plant fully satisfies its needs for moisture and useful components.
- strong and powerful stem;
- optimal amount of leaves;
- light green foliage-free foliage( like potato);
- fruits are heart-shaped, slightly ribbed, with a small spout.
With the growth of 7 leaves on the plant, the first flowering sprout grows. Then fruit shoots appear evenly every 2 leaves. Fruit weight is 250-350 g, and the first tomatoes ripen within 85 days after seed germination in seedling containers. The skin of the tomato of this variety is dense bright red.
selection Tomato Big Mommy still remains a novelty in our market. He was brought out by Russian breeders, trying to grow large and tasty tomatoes in order to use them for food and preparations. In the State Register of the Russian Federation this variety was registered in 2013, and it was offered to consumers only in 2015.But even in such a short time, this tomato managed to establish itself as fruitful and well growing. Tomato's patent holder is Gavrish LLC.This early-ripening variety is recommended to be grown in greenhouse conditions for growing in greenhouses, where each bush can collect up to 10 kg of tasty and sweet fruits.
The weight of tomatoes on the first branches reaches 350 g, on the lower shoots - up to 250 g. Each tomato keeps on a strong stalk, which does not allow the crop to fall. In the south, it is permissible to grow a tomato in open soil.
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
Tomato Big Mommy has its advantages, for which it is valued by many gardeners:
- good taste;
- high yield;
- resistance to many diseases;
- large fruit;
- good transportability;
- long shelf life.
Tomatoes can be safely picked unripe, and in room conditions they ripen well, without losing any taste or form. A distinctive feature of the variety is a high amount of useful elements, included in the composition of fruits - calcium, magnesium, vitamins E, C, PP, B. That is why these tomatoes are good to eat fresh and in salads. But in the blanks, the fruits also do not leave the benefits and taste, so the Big Mummy variety is considered to be the ideal option for making winter twists.
The negative properties of were not found in the variety.
Tip! To grow this variety of tomato, you first need to plant seeds for seedlings. It is recommended to do this in early-mid-March, 60-70 days before the transplant of bushes in greenhouse conditions. Before sowing, they should be processed in a light pink solution of potassium permanganate, , which is a good method of preventing various diseases. After treatment, the seeds need to germinate, for which they need to wrap the seeds in a damp cloth and leave in a warm room.
. As the seeds germinate, must prepare the ground for sowing. For these purposes, it is permissible to use universal soil for seedlings, which is sold in stores. A light substrate, endowed with nutrients, needs to be slightly moistened and then grooved on it with a depth of 1.5 cm. Carefully disperse the seeds into these grooves, which are then sprinkled with a layer of soil substrate.After sowing, the seedlings' containers are installed in a warm place( necessarily bright), where the temperature will be within + 23- + 25 ° С.
After a week, the first sprouts appear, after which the film is removed, and the capacity for seedlings is set on the windowsill. After picking is performed on the plants on the leaf's 3 , an during which seedlings with the ground are transplanted into separate containers. Thanks to the picking, each bush receives a sufficient amount of air and nutrient land, which will allow it to grow better. After transplanting the bushes watered. It is recommended to do this in the morning when the sun is outside, whereas in cloudy weather the plants will be strongly drawn out. During watering, it is not necessary to flood the plants strongly, otherwise they will start to be quickly pulled out - this will lead to fragility of the seedlings. Severe dryness of the soil will adversely affect the condition of the bush and future fertility.
To get a good and early crop of tomato Big Mommy you need to provide the plants with quality care .It consists in the timely transplanting of seedlings, watering, loosening, removing weeds, fertilizing and other activities, which you should learn more about.
To plant in a greenhouse should be after steady positive temperatures are established at night - in late or mid-May. When observing planting it is necessary to observe the following rules:
- For planting, you must choose plants with the height of 25 cm, with 6 or 9 with these leaves. The stem of the seedlings should be strong and the root system well developed, which will allow the bushes to settle well.
- Add to each well in handfuls of humus, manure and ash, in an amount of 0.5 kg per 1 m².
- Plantation for planting seedlings - 4-5 pcs.on 1 m², , if there are excess bushes, then you should not thicken the planting, as this will cause plant diseases.
- Watered planted plants once a week, but copiously. If you do this more often, the roots will not be able to breathe properly and receive nutrients, so the plants will develop poorly.
After the seedlings have taken root, they are fertilized. The tomato responds well to the introduction of organic matter( manure, litter), which can be fed 3 times during the growing season.
No less important are fertilizing plants with complex fertilizers. Nitrogen is required for a tomato at an early stage of development, even before flowering begins, therefore plants must be fed after they have taken root. Potassium and phosphorus can be added to the soil in the autumn.