- №1. What are the main advantages of wood paneling?
- №2. What is the difference between the usual lining from the lining?
- No. 3. What size do you need?
- №4. Which wood is better?
- №5. Which profile of the lining is better?
- №6. What sort of lining is better to choose?
- №7. Is it possible to distinguish a low-quality wallboard?
- №8. What manufacturers can be trusted?
- "Vyatka Pine"
For the cladding of balconies, facades, arrangement of rooms and saunas, a decorative, practical and natural material, such as a wooden board, is often used. It is a kind of board, the parameters and the profile of which can differ significantly, like the color, which largely depends on the species of the tree. Moreover, the wooden paneling is divided into several varieties, but even if there is a marking on the packaging, it is necessary to be able to choose the suitable material. So, how to choose the right wooden lining and what is important to pay attention to?
№1. What are the main advantages of wood paneling?
All the main properties of material depend on the nuances of its manufacture.Wooden lining producedfrom a solid mass of wood in the processing enterprises of the forest. Lining is a cut board 7-20 mm thick with planed surfaces. The width of such material is 90-150 mm, the length can vary within wide limits. Once upon a time, rail cars were lined with thin, long wooden slats with selected quarters, from which this name came.
Raw material for lining can beany type of tree, and the main distinctive property of the material is considered to bethe presence of a groove and a comb, thanks to which the installation is carried out. All this allows us to talk aboutnumerous advantages of lining:
- excellent thermal and sound insulation properties;
- small coefficient of temperature expansion;
- due to its light weight, it is easy to transport and install, and there is no need to strengthen the foundation;
- Due to the parasol method of installation it is possible to assemble the skin without cracks;
- the appearance of a wooden lining elegant, allows you to bring comfort to the interior or to allocate a building when facing the facade;
- strength and durability;
- environmental friendliness, because the tree passes a minimum of processing operations.
Among the minusescan only be called a good ability to maintain combustion, but if you follow fire safety rules, nothing threatens your material and your health. There is a wooden paneling, naturally, more expensive than its plastic counterpart, but it will serve much longer, being resistant to physical stress.
№2. What is the difference between the usual lining from the lining?
In the construction market, you can find both an ordinary wooden lining, and material with the prefix "euro". The latter considerably exceeds the usual lining for a number of performance indicators. So,The main differences are as follows:
- the size. The board of the Soviet model is much thicker, and its thickness can reach up to 25 mm, the thickness of the lining is 13, 16 or 19 mm. The width of the lining is maximal 120 mm, usual - up to 150 mm;
- Castle. The latch of the lock in the lining is about 8-10 mm, which allows the elements to hold securely, even with strong changes in temperature and humidity. In a regular carriage, the lock is often quite tiny, so the lamellas diverge during operation;
- availability of ventilation openingson the back of the lining, which, with temperature drops, prevent the formation of cracks. There are no such grooves on the usual lining;
- humidity. Evrovagonka is forced to dry before reaching humidity at the level of 10-15%, due to which there is no deformation during transportation, installation and operation finished coating. Moisture of ordinary lining reaches 20-25%, which has a negative effect on the process of working with it, and on its behavior during operation;
- appearance. Since the lining is made in accordance with the strict European standard and on European equipment, the front side of it is always smooth. If there are knots on it, they are carefully processed. As a rule, manufacturers have several types of profiles. Elements of the lock are exactly joined to each other. A conventional lining rarely boasts such an ideal appearance and clearness of the execution of the joint, often its surface is rough and fleecy;
- euroclass is sorted into classes. Depending on the presence of defects on the wood itself and the defects acquired during processing, as a rule, four classes are distinguished.
It's clear that when many euro-class carriages appeared on the market, many builders began to use it. However, a conventional lining can also be used and sometimes used for external cladding, and in those cases, when the quality of the finished surface and its appearance is not so important, and the foreground is the task save.
No. 3. What size do you need?
The first thing that needs to be defined islining length. You need to proceed from the kind of surface you will be sewing, and strive to create a minimum of waste. It is clear that the balcony is suitable for shorter lamellae, and for the cladding of the facade or walls in the room you need a lining with a sufficient length. Pick up the necessary material will not be difficult, since the lining is sold in steps of 10 cm, ranging from 30 cm to 6 m. When carrying out calculations, it should also be taken into account that often even the best quality material needs to be cut edges.
Widthis chosen depending on the design idea, but it is worth considering the fact that a narrower lining will be more stable. The wider the material, the more prone to deformation. Recently, quite often used an interesting way - a combination of different widths of the lining, due to which the original effect is achieved.
As for thethickness of the lining, then here first of all the conditions for further exploitation of the material are taken into account. If the walls are lined inside the room, then the lightest and thin lining of 1 mm thick will do. It is also possible to use material up to 16 mm thick under these conditions. If we are talking about the facade cladding, when the lining is also pressing a thick layer of insulation, it is better to choose a thicker material - it will be more durable, reliable and durable. Suitable is a lining of 1, -2, mm.
When you choose, you can notice in the store the so-calledSpliced along the length of the wooden lining. Such material consists of several parts, which are carefully selected according to the pattern and color, but can have different lengths. With the help of a connection of the micro-bearing type, special adhesive composition and high pressure, the individual elements are turned into a solid board. According to its main characteristics, such material does not differ from a single lining, and by some properties even surpasses it, after all it turns out as much as possible stable, and the temperature and humidity is not enough for it influence. Technological features of production do not allow making such a lining less than 15 mm thick. In addition, some are afraid to use such material in saunas and baths, as they are afraid of the influence of chemical glues, which under the influence of high temperatures can start to stand out.
№4. Which wood is better?
In fact, any wood can be used to make the lining, but here the properties of lining will differ in many respects, as well as its price. Not always cheaper lining - worse, because the choice of material should be based on the conditions of its operation. As for the color of wood, his choice is a strictly subjective opinion.
All the lining, which is present in the modern market, can be divided into two main types:
- lining of coniferous species of wood;
- lining of hardwood.
Softwoodis characterized by a high content of resins and essential oils, due to which it resists the formation of fungus and withstands high humidity. Such material has found a wide range of applications, it is excellent for external cladding, but it is not suitable for saunas and baths. Under the influence of high temperatures begins to emit resin, and this process can last a long time. Not only does the material become sticky, it can also spontaneously burn itself. Nevertheless, spruce and pine wood is used in the Nordic countries for the arrangement of saunas, but the material undergoes demineralization.
Most often, for the manufacture of lining, such softwoods are used:
- Pine. Has a nice pattern, high strength, it is inexpensive, but from time to time it must be covered with varnish, so that the material does not begin to darken;
- spruce. Wood has excellent thermal insulation properties and a pleasant shade;
- larch. It is very resistant to external influences, it does not warp even with significant temperature fluctuations, it has resistance to pests;
- cedar. Expensive wood with excellent performance, color from yellowish to coffee.
HardwoodsLess durable, but do not emit tar and heat up badly, which allows them to be used in baths and saunas. They require regular treatment, otherwise under the influence of external factors will change their color and deteriorate. The most popular hardwood:
- oak. The most durable and durable, rot resistant, dense, with a beautiful wood pattern, but also there is a lot of such material;
- Linden. The wood has excellent soundproof qualities and a delicate pleasant aroma, often used for finishing baths;
- ash. Such wood due to high hardness does not crack at all. Color - dark yellow;
- black alderhas a pleasant light coffee color, resistant to moisture.
Separately, it should be noted that only low-density wood is suitable for a bath, otherwise the material will become very hot, which can result in burns.
№5. Which profile of the lining is better?
Modern manufacturers produce a lining with a different section profile. In addition, the size and shape of the lock, the nature of the front and back surfaces and some other parameters may differ. All this influences not only the external characteristics of the lining, but also the sphere of its application.
To date, the most popularlining with such profiles:
- traditional liningwith angular faces. After assembly, it forms visible seams because of the increased spike;
- liningsoftlinediffers slightly rounded corners, it is recommended for use in saunas and baths;
- calm. This lining forms a barely noticeable seam, as there are no shelves near the spike. Angles can be either sharp or rounded. In the first case, it is possible to achieve the effect of a massive wall, so some manufacturers position such a lining as imitation of a bar;
- lounhouse. In such a lining, the front side has a non-smooth surface - multiple patterns are created on it due to figured milling. The pattern can be of varying degrees of complexity, and such a lining becomes a real decoration of the interior. There is also a cheaper analogue - a carousel with the effect of carving. A drawing on such a material is applied due to hot embossing;
- liningsuch as blockhouse and sidingimitate log and siding, respectively;
- double sided lining- quite interesting and yet not very common solution. The tongue and groove are exactly in the middle, and both sides receive the same treatment, so when installing, a specialist can choose which color and pattern is best. The only drawback is the lack of ventilation holes, so this material is not suitable for baths.
№6. What sort of lining is better to choose?
To determine the sort of lining, it is customary to use the European standard DIN type, but some manufacturers use different GOSTs and hand-designed TU, so it's so easy to make mistakes when buying and so it's important to look not only at the marking, but also on the quality of the material.
The sort of lining is determined after the manufacture, since materials of different varieties are produced on the same equipment using the same technology. Later, the lining is sorted according to the presence of knots, blue spots, cracks, non-strops and resin pockets. As a rule, there are four classes of lining:
- extra or premium. This is an ideal lining without knots and cracks, and non-strogs, blues or roughness are allowed only on the back side;
- class A.Knots can not be more than 1 cm in diameter (no more than one per running meter), non-blind small cracks, which are often puttyed by the manufacturer, and other minor defects can only be on the rear side;
- class B. The diameter of knots can reach a third of the width of the lamellae, their number is unlimited. There may also be open pockets, small through cracks;
- class C. This, roughly speaking, the rest of the paneling, with a large number of defects, cracks, twigs, with blue spots and non-strictings on the front surface.
As for the scope of use, only a Class C lining is not allowed for finishing. The material of other classes has practically the same operational properties, and the choice depends only on personal preferences. Not everyone likes the extra carpet, since it looks faceless and boring.
№7. Is it possible to distinguish a low-quality wallboard?
It is not always worthwhile to blindly trust the class indicated on the packaging -it's better to examine the material with your own eyes. Pay attention, first of all, to the packaging. Use stretch film is not desirable, since such storage negatively affects the moisture of the lining. Of course, it is better to inspect the goods before buying, but if the material is packed into a film, then it will not work, and it is unlikely to open the package. The only way out is to buy one or two packages and check the quality. If, with the lining, everything is fine, then the products already purchased will come in handy, and if not, you will insure yourself against larger financial losses.
The geometry of the product should not be disturbed - the lining of the lining must be flat. Even a small arc says that the material was stored incorrectly, and if such a board can be mounted, it is unlikely that it will serve for a long time, and is likely to leave the castle very soon. You need to look and lock. It should not have knots and cracks, but it is better to take a claymer and check the reliability of the future connection. At specialized points there must be a tool that measures the humidity of the lining, so do not give up the opportunity to check the real figure. It should not exceed 15%.
№8. What manufacturers can be trusted?
Of course, the name and reputation of the manufacturer play a significant role in the selection. Large companies will not risk their own name and produce poor-quality products. It is worth noting that today the market includes a lot of domestic companies that produce a lining of excellent quality. Imported products are present, but only in a small amount, so we will not divide producers into foreign and domestic ones, but we will give a general list of the best.
A young Finnish company founded in 2002. Today it is the world leader in the production of thermal wood, develops its own innovative methods, is constantly improving. A tree that has been treated with high temperature and steam, loses nutrients, becomes resistant to any weather conditions, deformations and putrefaction. The company uses mainly pine wood, and the products are widely represented in the domestic market.
Domestic company, operating since 2004. For the production of various wood products, European equipment is used, which, together with the professionalism of the employees, allows the production of products meeting European standards. In the assortment of the company, the lining of different grades and with different parameters - from extra class to class C, length from, to, m.
The enterprise was founded in 2004, and at that time carried out work on the construction of objects from wood. Since it was not easy to find high-quality material on the market, it was decided to create its own production. Today it is equipped with the most modern equipment, high-quality raw materials are used here, constant quality control is conducted. The lining is produced from different breeds, with a different profile and parameters, so finding the right material will not be difficult.
Completely non-waste production, founded in 1999. Equipped with Italian and German equipment, repeatedly received prestigious awards. Here the assortment is constantly increasing, and the production of lining takes a key role. It is made of pine wood, and the manufacturer offers a lining with a different type of profile and parameters.
One of the leaders among domestic producers of sawn timber. Among the company's advantages is a huge assortment, reasonable prices, modern equipment and the opportunity to personally inspect the products for compliance with the declared class. The company offers lining from pine and spruce, as well as from aspen, which is perfect for the arrangement of baths and saunas.