How to properly transport a refrigerator from place to place
Moving is generally not a pleasant job, and if you still have to face the need to transport bulky items or those that require careful or special transportation can turn into a real disaster.
Immediately there is a lot of questions to which it would seem difficult to get accurate answers.
Let's start in the most difficult “How to transport a refrigerator?".
- 1 Correct transport position
- 2 Transportation rules
- 3 Correct and improper transport pros and cons
Correct transport position
Can I transport the refrigerator lying? It would seem that this way it would be possible to solve a huge number of problems at the same time: to complete the move on their own, to save on calling the movers and renting freight transport.
To clarify the situation, you can refer to one of the recommendations from the instruction manual. It stipulates various violations that can lead to a breakdown of the refrigerator. In particular, it says that its transportation should be carried out in a strictly upright position.
Moreover, in order to learn how to properly transport a refrigerator, when moving it is necessary to take into account the following guidelines:
- Thaw a refrigerator.
- Remove all plug-in shelves, drawers, etc. from it.
- Pack it. Here the original packaging can be useful, if it is not preserved, you can make it yourself from cardboard, foam plastic or a special polyethylene bubble film.
- Lock the door in the closed position. You can do this with soft straps, so as not to tear off the paint from the surface.
Caution! If the height or load of the vehicle does not allow the refrigerator to be transported strictly vertically, slight deviations from this indication are allowed. You can put it in the car by tilting it to the side to an angle of no more than 40 degrees.
When deciding how to transport the refrigerator correctly, it is necessary to mention the transportation itself and certain violations that can lead to equipment breakdown. Its most fragile part is the compressor, which is mounted on the springs in a hover. Copper pipes are suitable for it. In 95% of cases, this part of the refrigerator is damaged.
From a sharp shock or strong vibration, he can fly off from his seat. In this case, the soft tubes usually break under the weight of the compressor. To prevent this, it is necessary to properly load and transport the refrigerator. The following rules should be followed:
- Carry it smoothly and carefully, avoiding shocks and sharp jolts.
- In the back of the car you need to fix it tightly. To do this, you can use special belts and stops.
- After transport, do not turn it on immediately. It takes 3-4 hours for the engine oil to flow back into the compressor.
Important! In order to transport the refrigerator correctly, it is best to order services in a company that specializes in relocations. You can do it yourself, provided that you carefully follow the recommendations and have the right transport.
Correct and improper transportation. Pros and cons of
. Breakages from improper transportation are not so rare to see this if you contact one of the service centers. But judging by the statistics, the number of such violations is constantly growing and there are no tendencies to reduce them. And it may indeed seem an attractive prospect to save by using your own or neighbor passenger cars during transportation. Is it worth doing? Below is a comparative table that lists all the pros and cons associated with proper and improper transportation.
|May require, rent a suitable car, and hire movers.||Nothing to spend. You may have to pay for gas and thank your neighbor for lunch.|
|After transportation, the refrigerator remains in working condition. He will not need to be repaired.||May lead to repair. In this case, you have to hire a car to take him there, and then take it back.|
|Good appearance, no scratches and dents.||Damaged paint, and other defects that appear from carriage in sleep position are quite common.|
Of course, this is not about the fact that it is only possible to transport the refrigerator when moving by using professional assistance. You can do it yourself if the following conditions are met:
- The availability of the necessary transport. The height of the board in this case must be more than 2 meters.
- Compliance with the conditions of transportation. It is necessary to high-quality fix it in the body, make a shock-absorbing packaging, etc.
- A healthy back. Another prerequisite. The weight of some models, especially the old ones, can easily exceed 60 kg. So in the absence of an elevator in the house a healthy back will be needed.
The manufacturer’s manufacturer’s operating rules are based on the technical features of this household appliance; you should not ignore them when trying to transport a refrigerator lying down.