According to statistics, clogging is the most common problem for any AGR.If such a malfunction happens often, then it is inconvenient to call the master to the house each time, and even more so to transport the washing machine to the service. You can and on their own to figure out what to do if the hose is clogged in the washing machine.
It is a mistake to assume that to remove a blockage in a hose, it is enough just to rinse it. First you need to understand where it is and how to remove it correctly so as not to damage it. But nevertheless to eliminate the blockage is an easy task, and about all its stages - below.
- 1 Washer clogging: what is it?
- 2 Disconnecting hose
- Failure of the discharge pipe between the tank and the pump.
- The pump has expired.
- Damage to the integrity of the hose - cracks, holes.
- Objects trapped in a sewer pipe led to the blockage.
Disconnecting the hose
Before proceeding with the removal of the hose, first pull out the power cord of the washer from the outlet, close the valve to block the water supply. After this, be sure to drain the remaining water through the drain filter.
If you purchased a Samsung, LV, Ariston, Whirlpool, Indesit, Candi, Ardo or Beco model car, then you will have to perform all actions through the bottom after removing the bottom panel:
- Remove the screws holding the filter.
- Try to tilt the washer on its side.
- To remove the hose from the drain pump, unclip the hose clamps. Here you will need pliers.
- Hose in your hands.
Important! If your model has a pallet, remove it to provide access to details.
If you have a washer of the Zanussi or Electrolux trademark, you must remove the back cover and perform the following actions:
- Unclench the latches holding the panel.
- Detach the drain hose from the valve.
- Remove the back panel.
- Unclench the hose clamp and remove it.
These actions helped us come to the main question - how to clean the drain in the washing machine.
Cleaning the hose
After removing the element, inspect it and make sure that it is not damaged anywhere. You will need a thin cable with a small brush on the end - it perfectly cleans a soap coating. For accurate and efficient cleaning, we suggest you use the following tips:
- Perform forward movements of the cable, returning it back from time to time. The process is similar to cleaning the sewer pipe from clogging.
- Wash the drain hose for the washing machine under running water.
- Assemble the washer by replacing all the parts.
To fix the result, pour 100 g of citric acid into the powder collector, set the temperature to 60 degrees and turn on the “idle” mode.
There are natural and mechanical types of blockages. They lead to the need for self-cleaning drain hose.
Natural clogging occurs when debris accumulates in the drain system: hair, hair, threads, animal hair. All these particles get into the washer from the clothes in the process of washing.
Important! A natural blockage occurs less often in a typewriter than a mechanical one.
Mechanical blockage is possible if small objects get into the filter system of the washer, this leads to a mechanical blockage. Instead of thinking about how to clean the drain hose in a washing machine, carefully check your pockets before washing.
Take serious measures with every wash:
- Remove any small items from your pockets. If there is no time to sew on buttons that dangle “by a thread”, cover them with sewing tape.
- Wash clothes in a special laundry bag.
- Use laundry detergents labeled “Automatic”.
- Try to clean the washer from scale, mildew and lime scale at least once every six months.
- Use softeners for water.
Now you know how to clean the drain system and how to disconnect the hose - follow our recommendations and do not forget about prevention.