With the onset of cold weather to solve the heating issue is necessary not only in homes and apartments, but also for various manufacturing facilities, construction sites, garages, warehouses, sheds, and other non-residential objects.
And one of the options of heaters, which attracts consumers' affordability and mobility - diesel heat gun. Therefore, we consider in detail the working principle of this device, its scope and the main selection criteria.
The content of the article:
Structural differences diesel guns
- Heat generators with direct heating
- Devices with indirect heating
- Advantages and disadvantages of diesel equipment
Fundamentals of selection diesel thermal generators
- Determination of the required power unit
- Other important nuances
- Start-up and the rules of safe operation
- Overview of manufacturers of heat guns
- Conclusions and useful videos on the topic
Structural differences diesel guns
The main purpose of a heat gun - a quick and cost-effective heating of premises with a large area. they work on diesel fuel, the combustion of which generates heat, extending along the air flow direction of the object.
According to the constructive principle of all diesel guns can be divided into instruments of direct and indirect heating.
Heat generators with direct heating
The main structural elements of the diesel gun: electric motor with a fan, a pump with cleaning filters combustor sparker (Glow plugs or high-voltage system), the nozzle and the tank for fuel.
To the device operates autonomously, its complement timer, flame-level controller and thermostat other electronic components, which can be embedded at once or for a set fee.
In direct heating in a hot air stream and fall diesel combustion products, so use of such a heater is possible only in non-residential areas with good forced ventilation
It operates direct heating unit is as follows:
- When the device is pumped from the fuel tank to the fuel filter by a pump.
- Then the fuel enters the injector, and that it injects into the combustion chamber.
- ignition system delivers a spark ignites the diesel.
- Protective guard installed in the "muzzle" gun holds fire, preventing him off the combustion chamber.
- The fan exhausts the air in the cold chamber where the fuel is heated by burning and discharged outside the heat flux.
direct heating guns have a high efficiency - almost 100%, the air outlet temperature may reach 400 ° C.
Such heat generators may have a capacity of from 10 to 220 kW (depending on model), all of which goes to heat.
To work outdoors or in a large room without thermal insulation choose Teplopushki direct heating, and for heat-insulated buildings where people are better suited indirect units
But as with heat unpleasant smell penetrates into the air, soot and other combustion products DT, scope device without chimney limited poorly populated industrial premises, outdoor areas and various warehouses.
And they are widely used in construction, for example for facades and drying concrete screed with plaster or facing papers.
Devices with indirect heating
Structure guns with indirect heating provides for a closed combustion chamber and the chimney, through which exhaust fuel with working output beyond the heated room.
Although such devices maximum power reaches a maximum of 85 kW, but there are complex with several modular units "barrels" guns capable of "reach" and up to 220 kW.
Despite the presence of the chimney, indirect heating guns also require good ventilation and airing, because burn oxygen in the course of their work
Although the efficiency of such machines is much lower (about 60%), but they are not only suitable for all cases where it is possible to apply the direct flow device, but also widely used for heating animal farms, greenhouses, non-residential buildings, exhibition halls, production facilities and other facilities with a long presence of people or animals.
Advantages and disadvantages of diesel equipment
While the modern market offers a fairly wide range of heaters, diesel guns do not lose their popularity among consumers.
After all, despite the fact that the cost of similar gas and electrical aggregates significantly lower maintenance of diesel devices much cheaper due to the affordable price of diesel.
Many guns can be used not only diesel fuel, but also other fuels such as diesel fuel, kerosene or filtered oil refinement, but this point needs to be clarified with the purchase
The advantages of the diesel heat generator may include:
- The high rate efficiency - even with the airing and ventilation the unit quickly heats the air and distributes it throughout the room.
- Easy to operate - to run the system is sufficient to direct "barrel" gun on the center of the room or building element and click the trigger.
- Security - modern devices are equipped with various sensors and thermostats through which the device itself does not overheat. random flame attenuation also excluded, as by heating the air to a desired gun temperature temporarily stops.
- Low cost fuel - even devices, demanding to the quality of diesel fuel will be much cheaper to operate than electric or gas appliances.
- Ease of transport - heat source is compact and light enough (a simple device with capacity of 10-22 kW weighs about 11-13 kg), so no problem to give him a lift to the object or to move from one room to another.
- economy - for heating a small amount of space required fuelAnd the device can operate for a long time without refueling. For example, direct heating unit 22 kW and a volume tank 20 l on average consumes about 2.5 liters per hour.
- Long life provide wear-resistant materials, standard replaceable components and simplicity of the design.
Of course, not without its drawbacks. In addition to the harmful fumes of diesel fuel, a problem which can be solved by using a chimney or debugged system ventilation to the device disadvantages include the need to connect to the grid, the noise of the fan and the level of control fuel.
In addition, the cost of the gun and its repair will be higher than that of similar devices operating on gas or electricity.
Fundamentals of selection diesel thermal generators
As with other heating devices, the heating rate and the size of the area, which is able to cover the heat gun, depend on its capacity. But apart from this important characteristic, there are other nuances knowledge will help you make the best choices when purchasing devices.
Determination of the required power unit
The power of the heat gun is not only fuel, but also the heating rate. And though all the technical data provided in the accompanying documentation to the unit, it is worth before buying to estimate the amount of insulation and the presence in the room, which is expected to heat with diesel heat source.
On average, a small gun at 10 kW can be heated to 100 m2 at ceiling height not exceeding 2.5 meters, but can use a special formula for more accurate calculations
Determine thermal capacity of the device can be the following algorithm:
- Calculate the volume of the room in m3, multiplying the values of the width, length and height in meters.
- The difference between outdoor temperature and the room required for.
- Multiply the amount from the temperature difference and the heat loss coefficient.
- And the last stage - the transfer value of the kcal / hour per kW usual. To do this, divide the resulting number by 860.
The coefficient will depend on the materials from which the building is constructed, and its level of insulation:
- "Cold" structures, made of wood or metal, will have an index of from 3 to 4;
- structure with a minimum insulation, laying in one brick and primitive roof structure - from 2 to 2.9;
- buildings with average insulation with a double masonry, standard roof and a small glass area - from 1 to 1.9;
- room with double-glazed, double brick masonry, insulation of walls and roof - 0.6-0.9.
Check the operation of the algorithm in practice. For example, it is required to heat the metal hangar +18 ° C, of 150 squares, and a height of 4 meters. The average temperature on the street in winter to 10 degrees below zero.
(150 * 4 m m2) * 28 ° C * 4 = 67200 kcal / h: 860 = 78.14 kW
That is, should focus on the instruments, 80 kW and above when choosing a heat gun model.
To estimate the capacity of the device, it is possible to use data from a table which shows the relation between the performance of heat generators and the various volumes of buildings taking into account the temperature difference of 30 ° C
But fuel consumption, though it seems an important parameter, but in fact is very conventional. After all, regardless of their technical capabilities of the device will request as much fuel as needed for heating a particular building, based on the desired temperature you room volume and quality insulation.
Other important nuances
When you have decided on the most important parameters (power and heating means), you should pay attention to other characteristics.
For example, such a nuance, as the form at first glance seems very "matter of taste", the more that almost all guns have the form of an elongated cylinder. But because of high power devices is better to choose a rectangular units - they have more area of distribution of the heated air flow.
Rectangular gun with multiple nozzles can quickly process a large volume of air, so It is widely used for drying materials in the construction and organization of heating for several rooms
Other technical features:
- Thermal insulation shell - temperature of the surface of the device during operation should not exceed 40 degrees.
- Mobility - handy when the device is equipped with a wheel base, but lightweight gun power up to 22 kW can be installed simply on a sustainable basis. In this case, you should pay attention to the weight of the kit, the material and the strength of the pallet.
- noise - the stronger the fan unit, the louder will be "music" in his work.
- Possibility of adjusting the temperature - The device must be fitted with a handle or button with which you can independently program the thermostat settings.
- Battery - if the object is not connected to the mains, you can pick up a gun, running from the drive. Electricity consumption of the device at low (mostly power required for the fan), varies 100-500 W / h, so that even a car battery is enough for uninterrupted operation for several hours in the field conditions.
Also, when you buy should inquire about the availability of the protection system against overheating (some manufacturers offer it as a separate device). For safe operation it is desirable that the gun was equipped with an automatic control of the heating level and off when the fuel shortage.
For direct heating guns are prohibited from using the fuel type fuel oil, alcohol, acetone and gasoline, which could damage the unit, cause a fire or explosion the fuel vapor
The type and parameters of the recommended fuel - another important aspect that should be clarified from the seller equipment. it is recommended to use a light-colored (Aviation), kerosene or "winter" car DT corresponding to GOST 305-82 for the majority of diesel guns.
If you can not buy a heat gun, then it can be made independently. What is required for this, read Further.
Start-up and the rules of safe operation
Typically, devices are also available in a partially disassembled. That is, it will need to fix the "barrel" gun on a wheeled cart and set the knob (or metal arc). When it comes to the gun of direct heating, it remains only to fill the fuel tank, connect the appliance plug into the grid, set the heating temperature and press the power switch.
Thanks to the integrated thermostat gun automatically stop working when the air warms and It turns on again when the temperature - so the device will save fuel, and eliminates the possibility of overheating
you must ensure that the following safety rules are met to run the equipment:
- The gun is mounted on a stable and flat surface, made of non-combustible materials, such as concrete. If the floor is wooden, the unit can be placed under the sheet metal.
- The distance from the nozzle from which the hot air will flow stream to the nearest object - at least 2 meters (right and left desirable to observe a distance of 80-100 cm).
- Before the first start or after a prolonged storage it is recommended to open the case and manually turn the fan wheel to make sure it rotates freely.
- On the need to refuel the unit "will signal" intermittent combustion or release of white smoke. To add fuel, be sure to disconnect the gun from the power supply.
- Always turn off the main switch and wait for the gun the fan stops. In indirect heating devices, this process may take 2-5 minutes, but it is necessary to cool the combustion chamber. Only then can you pull out the plug of the device from the network.
To start a diesel indirect heating gun must first assemble the chimney - circular tube of non-combustible material with a maximum length of 3 meters. If you need a conclusion to a great distance, for this purpose it is convenient to use a flexible corrugated aluminum, but it will have to be changed several times during the season.
For removing a ventilation can be disposed close to find the segment of the steel pipe, which will last much longer.
chimney path for indirect heating of the gun must be laid in a straight line, the maximum permissible only one bend up to 90 degrees
With regard to maintenance, trouble-free operation for the diesel teplogeneratorov need periodically to wash and clean air filters soot / dust combustion chamber. It is also important to monitor the purity of the inner walls of the unit in the region of the injector and the engine.
Overview of manufacturers of heat guns
In the market of industrial heaters, a wide range of guns direct and indirect heating, operating on diesel fuel. But to buy a reliable heat source and then not have problems with its maintenance and replacement worn parts, should focus not only on the price and technical parameters, but also on the proven time brands.
For example, Master Climate Solutions - one of the recognized leaders of the market of HVAC equipment. Due to wide production and dealer network, find diesel Teplopushki indirect and direct heating of the Master can be in almost every city and large hardware store.
The continuous-flow device Master B 35 power of 20 kW and a fuel tank 15 liters - an excellent option for small maintenance hangars, greenhouses
Thermal units Master operate on diesel fuel, diesel or kerosene refined, distinguished quality assembly and compact dimensions.
Power varies from 10 KW at simple guns direct heating to 220 kW in heating plants with multiple nozzles.
For rapid heating of a large amount of space convenient to use powerful diesel thermal generators, which can direct multiple streams of warm air, e.g., thermal setting Master BV 460 E
Not bad a proven track record and diesel guns Ballu from the Italian brand Biemmedue (although in line manufacturer often you can see already the traditional China). These aggregates are well protected from the cold, and by pre-heating of the fuel, can be used even at temperatures down to -30 ° C.
Particular attention is paid to the protection of the system designers - the housing is made of stainless steel and is practically not heated, even in the most powerful units.
One of the top models range of direct heat guns - Ballu BHDP-20, which was greatly appreciated consumers for good power, the automatic control of heating temperature, and a multi-level system security
Popular and South Korean units of the Tiger King and Kerona. Their guns are equipped with diesel quality electronic "stuffing" - thermostats that guarantee protection against overheating fuel economy, informative display, photoelectric sensor to monitor operation of ignition, and other pleasant additions.
Diesel heat gun from the Korean manufacturers perfectly adapted to Russian conditions - low temperatures and disruption voltage electricity networks, and some models can operate on battery power, such as the TK-70000 with a capacity of 65 kW
Good reviews from consumers and earned TEPLOAGREGAT other foreign brands - Elitech, Firman, Kroll, Oklima, Daewoo, HYUNDAI, Patriot.
If you prefer domestic products, pay attention to the diesel guns ProfTeplo, Interskol and Bison.
Conclusions and useful videos on the topic
To get a clear idea about the structure of the device itself, its operational capabilities and rules of choice offer to get acquainted with the following videos.
The roller is a detailed review of indirect heating gun Master BV 77 E with the specifications and measurements of the air temperature at the outlet of the device:
Tips and the formula for calculating the required power of a heat gun to heat the premises of various types are shown in the video:
The video explains in detail how to operate the thermal diesel guns available are represented by their types and features of the application are indicated for different premises:
Due to the high power and efficiency of diesel heat guns are leaders among industrial heat generators. Even though the device is not cheap, its price will pay off during the operation.
Therefore, if you need to organize a rapid and cost-effective space heating, diesel gun - a good choice. However, you can always consult a specialist who can advise and method of heating and optimal model of heater.
If when reading the information have questions or have any recommendations for our readers, please feel free to leave your comments in the box located below. There you can share the experience of using diesel guns.