The content of the article:
Carbon heater - a device consisting of carbon fiber, which is enclosed in a vacuum quartz tube and a heating room by the action of infrared radiation.
This is a fairly new kind of heaters, which was invented at the turn of two millennia and quickly which gained popularity among customers due to its performance characteristics and original appearance.
The design and operation of infrared carbon heaters
Carbon heater is one of the types of infrared heating devices, in which, as a heating element, a hydrocarbon filament is used instead of tungsten.
Such a heating element has a high thermal conductivity and, accordingly, has a higher heat transfer. In this regard, a carbon heater with a capacity of 1 kW heats the room with the same area and up to the same temperature as, for example, an oil cooler with a capacity of 2 kW.
Carbon filament is enclosed in a tube from which the air is completely evacuated. Through it passes an electric current and it heats up. As a result of this, infrared rays emerge, which fall on the objects and warm them up. Then these objects, the depth of warming which reaches 2, cm, begin to give heat to the room, evenly distributing it throughout the area.
Carbon filament does not change its length when heated and with rapid cooling it does not break. This property of carbon heaters assumes a long service life.
The infrared carbon heater heats up to a maximum temperature of 90 degrees and excludes the combustion of oxygen, which distinguishes it from other types of devices.
The heating element is covered with a wire mesh, which eliminates the possibility of a burn. Most carbon heaters have temperature sensors, which set the temperature and then, after reaching the set values, the device turns off. In addition, they are equipped with fireproof devices that shut off the heater when tilting and overheating.
Types of carbon heaters
In the market of equipment, carbon heaters are represented by several types:
- Wall mounted carbon heaters. They are mounted on the wall and represent a fairly common form. These heaters do not heat the room as effectively as the ceiling, because of the direction of movement of heat, but they are very convenient, since they practically do not occupy space. From that big choice, that to us offer, it is possible to buy models with original design which only will give appeal to your interior. It is advisable not to place wooden objects near the infrared battery, in order to avoid excessive overheating. Such a wall-mounted carbon heater is safe for children, the temperature of the outer panel does not exceed 90 degrees and does not will damage the cover of the wall on which it is attached, since the back surface of the device has a temperature of not more than 45 degrees.
- Ceiling heater. This is the best carbon heater in providing a warm room. Infrared radiation, moving from the ceiling to the floor, heats it, as well as other objects and then, the heat from these objects rises. At the level of the human head, the temperature will be 1-2 degrees lower than in the leg region, which for our body is the most optimal option. Installation of ceiling heaters does not present any difficulties, and if you decide to fix directly to the ceiling surface, this can be done with the help of conventional screws and dowels. As for the appearance, usually, they fit very well into the interior.
- Floor heaters. The main advantage of a floor heater in front of other types is mobility. Having a light weight, it can be moved to different places in the room and even used on the street, where it is possible to warm up people who were in its range of action. Floor carbon heaters always have a very interesting look and are able to add variety to your interior, and in the evening, to recreate the effect of the fireplace. If you analyze the carbon heater Veito, you can see that under this brand are produced in mainly floor apparatuses of medium power, having a small weight of 3-4 kg and differing in modern design.
- Swivel models. Rotary aggregates are a kind of floor devices, only with a rotating base and in some models, the angle of rotation reaches 180 degrees. But mainly manufacturers produce heaters with a rotation angle of 90-120 degrees, as such models are cheaper and more popular. For example, such a device is a carbon heater Zenet. Usually, the heaters of this company are produced with a rotation of 90 degrees, and having a heating radius of 4-5 meters, they become very popular with consumers.
In addition to the listed main types, it is possible to note also carbon heaters having several heating elements and having a considerable capacity and a larger area of space heating; heaters in the form of a cascade; heaters that are installed secretly, under the finish coat, but this kind of complex for self-installation, so for this work better attract professionals.
Pros and cons of carbon heaters
Advantages of carbon heaters:
- Application for heating devices with infrared radiation, positively affects the work of the human body, increasing circulation of blood, positively affecting the gastrointestinal tract and, what is very important, plays the role of a substitute for the sun in winter, thanks to the beneficial radiation.
- Significant energy savings. Thanks to the carbon fiber, the heat transfer increases, which leads to a faster heating of the rooms at lower power costs.
- High ecological compatibility is typical for all heaters with infrared radiation. Such devices do not burn oxygen and do not dry air. In addition, in the process of work, no harmful substances and odors are released.
- The possibility of heating in the street, a characteristic feature for carbon heaters.
- Pleasant and modern design for all kinds of such devices.
- High protection against moisture.
Many buyers, before the final decision on the purchase of an infrared heater, wonder: is there any harm from carbon heaters? So, the answer will be unambiguous.
Carbon heater harm can not bring, because infrared radiation is not only absolutely safe for man, but even beneficial, and the carbon, densely pressed into the tube, does not evaporate, being in vacuum. But some disadvantages such a heater still has.
Disadvantages of carbon heaters:
- A brittle design is enough. If you read some forums about the carbon heater and reviews, sometimes you can see complaints about the fragility of the design. Fears are caused by a carbon tube, which can burst when it falls.
- The cost. It is not prohibitive, but higher than some other types of heaters.
- Presence of extraneous sound. Noise as such is not present, but at cooling down, and it lasts absolutely not for long, crackling is audible, therefore it is possible to search for people to whom it is unpleasant, other variant.