You can see the fault code F16 on the display if self-diagnosis is present in the Indesit washing machine. On the electromechanical CMA, the Indesit will light or flash the “Lock” light.
This fault is characteristic of top-loading washing machines and indicates a problem with the drum.
- 1 Causes and symptoms occurrence
- 2 consequences of failure
- 3 decision
- 3.1 problems without dismantling
- 3.2 collated
Causes and symptoms occurrence
What can mean F16 error in the machine Indesit:
- engine does not pull the drum.
- Drum locked, jammed.
As a result, the MCA will not start the wash or stop the process in the middle of the cycle. Why the system gives an error F 16?
- The door probably opened during washing. In the washing machine there are two doors with a lock on the latch. After long use, the latch can wear out and break, which causes the flaps to open and the drum to lock.
- Overloading the tank can also cause a breakdown. A piece of clothing falls into the latch, which is why it is not fixed.
- Factory marriage.
Effects of damage
F16 error is shown on the display - the drum latch may not have worked. What this means:
- If the flaps are opened at high revolutions when pressing, then they, like a knife, can damage the tank of the Indesit washing machine. Water will begin to flow.
- The doors themselves were deformed.
- Damaged heating element.
- All three options happened.
How to solve the problem and remove the error code F 16?
If the drum rotates manually, try resetting the error by resetting to 15-20 minutes.
If you hear hum and rattle during washing, immediately disconnect the Indesit machine. There are two options to fix the problem:
- Without disassembly.
- Try to spin the drum, returning it to its place. If it does not give in, do not apply force, otherwise damage the tank more.
- Take a thin strong wire.
- Construct a 0.5 cm wide hook out of it.
- Slide the hook into the hole, trying to pick up and close the doors.
Didn't work? Go to item number 2.
What to do:
- Examine the washer, try to understand in what position the lock occurred. Accordingly, you can get to the element above or below. We will tell about the last option - through the bottom.
- Disconnect the Indesit machine from the network and other connections.
- Turn over on its side.
- Removing the pallet and unscrewing the balancing weight, we get a hole.
- Slide your hand in there and try to close the flap.
If the elements have been deformed, they cannot be closed without preprocessing. For this it is better to call a professional master. If everything happened with you, don’t be in a hurry to turn on the AGR immediately, first make sure that everything is in order.
For help, see a video on the topic: