Does your machine Ariston( Hotpoint Ariston) take enough water to the tank for washing? At the same time, it shows the error F10 on the display - without a pattern, at any stage of washing. The code indicates a malfunction of the pressost, but other causes are possible.
How to identify and troubleshoot them, read below.
- 1 What does F10 error mean
- 1.1 Symptoms of the pressure switch
- 2 Self-test
- 3 Other options
What does the error F10
Ariston with electronic control mean? Machines without a display indicate the code using the signals:
- The washing machine Ariston of the Margherita type will produce ten On / Off lights blinking with a difference of five seconds. Additionally, the “Lock” - “Key” indicator is lit, the device for selecting functions is spinning in a circle.
- The Ariston AVL and AVSL washing machines give a signal by blinking the “Delay timer” - “Quick wash” - “Key” LEDs.
- Hotpoint Ariston Low-End — ARSL and ARXL models — will alert you of an F10 error by flashing the Spin - “End of Program”( “END”) indicator. Additionally, the function indicators are located horizontally below.
- The Hotpoint Ariston Aqualtis line( without an electronic scoreboard) will show a trouble code by flashing a temperature light bulb of 30 and 50 degrees.
After you are convinced of the F 10 error, you need to understand what it means. Often the cause of the fault is the pressure switch. The device does not notify about the presence of water in the washing machine. Maybe this is a consequence of breaking the wiring, breaking the chain.
It may also be that the program is lost in the AGR.Then you need to disconnect it from the network for 15-20 minutes and perform a reboot.
Symptoms of the pressure switch
Error F10 on the Ariston washer may be highlighted for various reasons. To understand, carefully study the signs of failure of the level sensor:
- There is no water in the tank, but the washing process has begun, the heating element is turned on. This can lead to combustion of the heating element.
- The system takes too much or too little water.
- During the spin cycle, the water is not completely gone, at the exit you get wet clothes.
- The rinsing process does not start.
- From the tank it smells of burning.
F10 error code in 70% of cases occurs due to a malfunction of the pressure switch. Check its hose for damage or blockage. If the reason for it, you need to clean or replace the hose.
Before fixing a breakdown, you need to check the pressure switch:
- Disconnect the CM Ariston from the network, remove the top panel.
- The level sensor is located above the side wall of the washer.
- Unscrew the pressostat mounting bolts, disconnect the contacts and the tube.
- Take another hose( diameter 10 cm), connect to the level sensor and blow into it.
- Pressostat works properly if clicks are heard. They can be from one to three.
- If there is silence in response, the reason lies in the level switch. To solve the problem you need to replace it.
Additionally, you can check the pressure switch with a multimeter, as in the video:
What should I do if the sensor works properly and your manipulations are not allowed to remove the error F 10?Check the control box controller, wires, and tracks that require soldering or stripping. Perhaps you need a replacement controller or board.
It is also worth inspecting the contact connections between the pressostat and the control module. Maybe the wire went away, by replacing that, you reset the error and return the machine to Ariston in working condition.