Himalayan Goji fruits are grown on the mountain tops of Tibet, it was Tibetan monks who first discovered the healthy properties of Tibetan fruits on the mountain tops of Tibet. What is remarkable: the fruits of goji have the second name - common wolfberry and very similar to the berries of barberry, of which women in Russia cooked compotes and made jam. And only much later, when the curative qualities of the barberry were revealed, the berries also began to be eaten: added to soups and cereals, brewed teas and decoctions. Goji berries are called "magic" and "miraculous", often used for medicinal purposes and used as a natural natural product for weight loss.
What is included in goji berries?
These Tibetan berries are just a storehouse of nutrients. Their composition has been studied for a long time, and new valuable properties are still being identified. The riches of the components of goji berries surpass many products that are familiar to us. Consider the composition of the fruit:
- 21 microelements( iron, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, germanium, iodine, etc.);
- amino acids, Omega 3 and 6 acids, poly- and monosaccharides, antioxidants;
- vitamins A, E, C and B, ascorbic acid, vegetable protein;
- beta-carotene, protein, fiber, linoleic acid, xanthophyll pigment.
It is noteworthy that the content of some substances in the composition of goji berries is very high. For example, there is more iron in them than in spinach;the amount of protein is higher than in wheat;carotene more than carrots;and vitamin C is significantly more than lemons.
What are the benefits of Himalayan berries?
Goji berries have been attributed with medicinal qualities quite a lot, up to a life extension twice. Of course, these fruits do not have such a magical effect, but, nevertheless, their valuable properties are indisputable. The use of goji berries is very useful for the body:
- strengthens blood vessels, normalizes blood circulation, stabilizes pressure;
- increases hemoglobin, improves sleep, struggles with stress and depression;
- slows down the aging process, reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood;
- improve memory and vision, prevent hypertensive crises;
- gives skin freshness and elasticity, promote weight loss;
- normalizes the work of the heart, liver, kidneys, stomach and intestines;
- strengthens the immune system, improves tone and performance;
- relieve headaches, insomnia, apathy and atherosclerosis;
- helps to carry menopause and pain during the menstrual cycle more easily;
- increases libido and potency, regulates the body's metabolism.
Moreover, these Himalayan berries are low in calories: 100 g of fresh product( seedless) contains only 112 kcal. Therefore, they are allowed to include in the diet, even with strict diets. Example: Dyukana diet with a careful count of calories.
Especially goji berries are recommended for people living in big cities with poor ecology. These Himalayan fruits contain substances that excrete toxins and toxins from the body, as well as strengthen weakened immunity.
Harm and contraindications of goji berries
Like any other food product, goji berries have beneficial properties and contraindications. Despite its mild effect on the body, these exotic fruits are not recommended to be taken in some cases:
- for people with an allergic reaction to red fruits;
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- at a high temperature, the use of goji berries is contraindicated;
- should be cautious if there are serious stomach problems;
- young children without pediatrician's permission;
- for hypertension and diabetes requires medical consultation;
- constipation, vomiting, flatulence and diarrhea are also contraindicated.
It is strictly forbidden to use these Himalayan fruits at the same time as taking anticoagulants( drugs that suppress blood clotting).It is also important to monitor the condition of the body, so as not to take the berries in a period, for example, fever.
Goji berries in the fight against overweight
Every third inhabitant of the planet dreams of getting rid of extra pounds, and many people use goji berries for weight loss. We have already mentioned above the caloric content of fresh fruits( 112 kcal per 100 g), but what about dry ones? They have a higher caloric content: 253 kcal per 100 g of dry berries, plus the presence of fat. Why do nutritionists continue to recommend goji berries for weight loss? The answer is simple: nutritional. These exotic fruits quickly dull hunger and convert subcutaneous fat into energy. Metabolism is normalized, digestion and intestinal function improves, appetite decreases and toxins are eliminated from the body. How to take goji berries with benefit and without harm? There is nothing difficult in this, all the recommendations are quite simple.
It is necessary to control the dosage of berries, otherwise side effects may occur, for example, insomnia. If the dosage is not exceeded, but sleep is disturbed, then it is not recommended to use the Himalayan fruit in the evening, but to postpone the reception in the morning.
Rules for the selection and storage of Himalayan berries
In order for the product to bring maximum benefit to the body, it is important to know how to choose and store the fruits correctly. These recommendations will help you to avoid fakes and to buy not only high-quality goji berries, but also to use them effectively for a long time:
- Appearance. Fruits should be free of plaque, crumble and not stick together.
- Color. Bright red with an orange tint, without other colors.
- Taste. Bite a berry, it should taste sour but not sweet.
- Aroma. If the smell of sulfur comes from the fruits of the matches - these are bad berries.
Fresh berries deteriorate quickly, so their shelf life is limited. Dry fruits should be poured into a clean cotton bag and removed from the dark dry place - so they can be stored for up to two years. The main thing - to avoid exposure to sunlight.
How to take goji berries correctly?
Not everyone knows how to properly use goji berries, and make a mistake, just pouring a handful of fruit with boiling water. On the one hand, this is correct, and on the other, it is necessary to brew intelligently in order to use the full potential of the berries. First of all, count the dosage: the daily rate should not exceed 100 g( one tablespoon at a time).The easiest way is to throw the fruits in the teapot, but in this way you will only supplement the tea with vitamins.
How to brew goji berries? Nutritionists advise one of the fastest ways: wash the fruit under running water, pour boiling water on the basis of 100 g of product per half liter of boiling water, insist about half an hour and drink in three doses during the day. If desired, you can add a teaspoon of honey or a lemon slice to the drink after infusion - the valuable qualities of the berries will not spoil, and the taste will only improve.
It is advisable to make a choice in favor of dry fruits, because fresh they can cause nausea, especially if there are problems with the stomach. When the berries are dried, they become absolutely safe for the body.
Goji Berry Tea: Medical Recipes
These exotic fruits taste very pleasant, slightly sour, and vaguely resemble raisins, so drinking tea with goji berries is a pleasure. We offer to try recipes of drinks, which are not only delicious, but also help to improve your health:
- Mix a handful of goji berries with half a lemon, orange zest, a spoonful of honey, a few stuffed cloves, a pinch of ginger and cover with two cups of boiling water. Insist half an hour and take with fatigue, strong loads, sedentary lifestyle and just as a warming and tonic drink.
- How to drink goji berries with low vision and hypertension? Just add 15 g of Himalayan fruit to classic black tea and take two to three cups daily. This broth is also very useful for high blood sugar.
- To improve immunity and rejuvenate the body, pour a tablespoon of goji berries with a glass of boiling water and leave to infuse overnight. In the morning, the resulting infusion should be drunk, and the soaked berries should be eaten. If you do this regularly, the immunity will quickly return to normal, the pressure will stabilize, and fatigue will disappear like a hand.
Drink from goji berries: a weight loss recipe
After hearing about these healing Himalayan fruits, many are interested in the question: how to take goji berries for weight loss? In order to properly prepare an aromatic drink, you will need Tibetan fruits, honey, cloves, lemon, orange zest and ginger:
- Step 1. Boil a liter of water and throw in it the orange peel, a teaspoon of grated ginger root, a few cloves and squeeze the lemon juice.
- Step 2. Heat up the next drink again and let it stand for about ten minutes, then strain - you will no longer need the used ingredients.
- Step 3. Then throw a tablespoon of Tibetan fruit into the broth and leave for half an hour. Before you use tea from goji berries, add honey to taste.
But remember the main thing: these exotic fruits are not a miracle pill and not a panacea for all diseases, but only one of the “helpers” in the fight against obesity. If you only drink tea from Himalayan berries and do nothing else, then there will be no special effect. Of course, with the proper application of these fruits, losing a couple of kilograms per month can be achieved. But for the best result, you should not forget to follow a diet and live a mobile lifestyle. The recipe for how to take goji berries for weight loss is only an additional tool that helps in weight loss. If your goal is not weight loss, and medical therapy, goji berries - what you need!