When choosing a heating system at home is important to choose the right device, quickly and efficiently heats the air in the premises. Modern electric convector heating - devices designed to maintain the house or apartment a comfortable temperature.
They greatly facilitate the work of the traditional heating systems, and in certain cases can even completely replace them.
In this article we will talk about convectors operating principles, we will share the secrets of selecting the equipment and give a small list of the best devices to its users.
The content of the article:
- The principle of operation and the device convector
- Strengths and weaknesses of electric convectors
What to look for when choosing a device?
- Heating element type
- Power electric convectors
- The size and configuration of devices
- Variety of installation methods
- Instrument Control Principle
- Special and additional functions
- Safety rules for the use of EC
- Tips for Choosing Heaters
- Review of popular brands
- Rating electric convectors for heating
- Conclusions and useful videos on the topic
The principle of operation and the device convector
The basis of operation of the device is put convection process associated with known physical phenomenon: the heating air density is reduced, whereby it expands and rises up.
The name comes from the Latin convector convectio - «transfer». The process consists of a constant movement of air streams: cold settles down and warmed - rises to the ceiling
The construction of all types of electric heaters is extremely elementary. The main components are the housing unit and the heating unit, located at the bottom of the casing.
Cold air enters the holes which are located in the lower part of the device. When passing near a heater airflow temperature is increased, whereby it rushes up where there are the discharge openings at a slight tilt.
In addition to the main elements of modern convectors models are also a number of additional elements (overheating sensor, thermostat), provides comfortable operation
Warm gas rises towards the ceiling, and then gradually cooled again nailed to the floor, after which the process steps are repeated again. The constant movement of air masses can effectively and uniformly heat a room.
Strengths and weaknesses of electric convectors
The devices have advantages and disadvantages. The popularity of these devices due to their numerous advantages:
- Ease of installation and operation. Devices do not require special training to work or further assembly operations. Suffice it to release the convector out of the box and turn the unit into the network.
- The high speed space heating. The device quickly reaches the required power because he does not have to expend energy to heat the coolant.
- Durability. Although the warranty period convectors service from well-known companies on average 5 years, in practice, they can perfectly work for 10-25 years.
- High efficiency. Elektrustroystva have the highest efficiency among the heaters. The new generation models, this figure may reach 98%.
- Mobility. Devices can be easily transferred to the apartment, setting them in any place where there is access to a power outlet. There are also models on wheels and options that provide the opportunity to strengthen the walls.
- affordable. Prices on electric heaters sufficient budget. Moreover, such devices do not need the service (removal of residual fuel, cleaning of parts), which also contributes to cost savings.
- Security. Heating devices do not affect negatively on the indoor climate: for their work do not need oxygen, they are air dried. The temperature of the outer shell of instruments does not increase above + 40-60 ° C, so their use is no danger of burns.
- Possibility of temperature control. In modern models often have special regulator heating, so you can maintain the most comfortable room temperature, avoiding its excessive increase.
- Various settings modes. Most of the convector is equipped with an electronically controlled, allowing you to select a specific program, air heaters.
In addition to a large number of advantages, and the devices have some disadvantages. You should know that for convectors require a stable supply of electricity. Moreover, within the reach of the socket should be as experts recommend to avoid the use of extension cords.
Such devices consume a large amount of electric current that the high cost of this resource can be a problem.
Most models convectors operate noiselessly. Only a few devices may emit a slight crack in the operation or clicks
At the same time, the high cost of electricity expended to some extent offset by the use of special ECO mode, which is provided in many models, as well as programming the device to shut down at certain clock.
What to look for when choosing a device?
The problem is, how to choose the best electric heating convector, is quite acute, as in specialty stores are dozens of similar models. The following technical features are particularly important.
Heating element type
The convectors are various types of heating devices. The main concern tubular needle and monolithic.
Needle. The heating element of this class of devices is made of a dielectric thin plate having placed thereon a nickel-chromium heating wire. For the isolation of metallic thread forming on both sides of the loop, the top is covered with varnish.
Design a similar device are inexpensive, but not very reliable because the nickel-chromium element is characterized by an instant-rapid heating and cooling. In addition, the envisaged type of insulation does not guarantee a good protection against water splashes, which is why these instruments should not be used in the bathrooms.
Tubular a heating element (heater). The most common models, which are characterized by the use of the steel pipe, wherein the heat conducting surrounded by insulating material extends nichrome filament. Aluminum fins located on the heating element, enhance the convection, carrying out efficient heat transfer.
Heat-heating element may be open or closed. Protected heating elements are more durable and long lasting, they are well suited for use in wet areas
Convectors Taine have better specifications than the needle analogues: the first is less exposed to heat, so are durable.
Many devices have an effective moisture protection that allows their use in the bathrooms. On the downside crack which may occur due to the different indices of thermal expansion of parts made of metals of different kinds.
Monolithic heating element. Blocks of new generation, the effect of which is due to heating of the cast base. With this apparatus different parts quiet operation and high efficiency.
Power electric convectors
The main characteristic, which determines the amount of heat produced by the convector is its capacity. When selecting a device, you need to keep in mind that 1 kW is designed for heating 10-12 m premises2 (At the standard height of the walls 2.7 meters), where there are no other sources of heat.
If you have a central heating system, this power is enough for heating twice the area that is 20-24 m2.
Power convectors to a certain extent depends on their size. As a rule, the greatest indicator show larger models. At the same time, the heat transfer devices is influenced by other characteristics, especially the type of heating element
as a number of other factors should be taken into account for calculating the correct power.
In the same area will require intensive heating:
- room with lots of windows;
- rooms located in the corners and ends of the building;
- apartments, located on basement.
at the selection of the convector It should also be taken into account for any of the rooms designed machine. For example, for kitchen apparatus with enough lower refractive power than that required for a similar area of the bedroom.
The size and configuration of devices
In the line of manufacturers are models that have a variety of dimensions: height miniature version begins with 15 cm, while the largest convectors can reach 2-3 meters.
Some models of electric convector specially designed for children's rooms. They have an ergonomic design with rounded corners and maximum safety of the structure
Collections include devices of various shapes, in addition to the usual rectangular and square models can be found round, oval and other custom options.
Variety of installation methods
According to the method used in the room are several types of electrical convectors.
Mobile and embedded (fixed). Mobile devices can be easily transferred to the room within reach of the cord. For ease of movement of this type of models are often equipped with wheels.
built-in - this options convectors, which are mounted in the wall. A variety of similar category are floor built-in optionsUsed for the construction of "warm floor" system. All of the work of installation of these devices must be carried out by qualified personnel.
Wall (suspension) also apply to stationary. They are fixed to the wall using special fasteners.
For bathrooms or children's rooms it is recommended to use a stationary suspended convectors, whereas the living room is best suitable mobile devices
Universal - devices that allow both the installation on the floor or hung on vertical surfaces, that is, in essence they are mobile.
Instrument Control Principle
Heaters are often equipped with power regulators, allows you to specify the degree of heating the room, eliminating unnecessary power consumption.
Modern devices may also have special blocks for programming settings for a prolonged period with an increase or decrease in temperature during certain hours. These models are more expensive, but can reduce the electricity consumption.
Electric heaters can be equipped with two types of thermostats. Mechanical require manual installation of the required temperature, electronic - can use the automatic mode
There are also devices, change the settings that you can use the remote control. In this case it is possible to control the operation of the device from a distance, that is, for example, in the nursery.
Special and additional functions
Virtually all models of modern heating devices have special temperature sensors. When the maximum temperature is switched off. A further algorithm of actions in different versions may be different. Some heaters are automatically after cooling, turn the other one can only manually.
Mobile phones may be rollover sensor. If you accidentally drop the machine automatically stops functioning. Such a mechanism is particularly in demand, if a family has pets or small children.
In some models, the sensor is provided, which provides protection walls from freezing. Such a function is particularly relevant if you plan to use the device in countries with harsh climates and in rooms for non-permanent residence.
A useful device could be for the sleep timerWhereby the device will automatically turn off in the selected hour.
Modern heaters are often displayWhere indicated mode, and the predetermined temperature. Such a device facilitates convenient control over the device operation.
Safety rules for the use of EC
Any kind of electrical devices requires compliance with safety rules. There are some restrictions for the use of convectors.
With good condition of electrical wiring heating convectors can be for a while left unattended, especially if the models are equipped with sensors overheating
- The device is in any case should not be covered, as well as be used as a clothes dryer.
- Convector not recommended to put near an electrical outlet: the minimum distance at which the device should be, is 0.8 m.
- For rooms with a high content of water vapor suitable device models with marking IP 24, indicating a high degree of moisture protection.
In general, the modern devices have a high level of reliability and fire safety.
Tips for Choosing Heaters
In addition to objective indicators, the choice must be considered as personal preference and specific requirements.
If you have a tight budget, look for heaters with manual thermostats. Although they have less features than automatic devices, but their cost is much lower, besides you do not have to deal with instructions about programming.
Also for automatic temperature control, you can use a thermostat, which is inserted into the socket. More can be read about these devices in this material.
Each convector panel has to be self-powered, the cable section is determined by the power consumption (kW to 1.5 this value is 1.5 square mm, above - 2.5 sq mm)
In the line of manufacturers presented different characteristics and price model. In order not to overpay, examine them carefully and match your requirements. So, for example, to heat a small room not worth buying too powerful device.
If the model has a lot of settings and high technical characteristics, is sold at a cheap price, should find out the reliability of the manufacturer, and carefully read the documents, not to buy forgery.
Review of popular brands
Models of electric convectors release manufacturers from different countries of Europe, Asia and America.
To name just a few of them:
- Arbonia. Swiss-German company producing steel pipes, radiators, heated towel rails and convectors. The product range is very extensive, with almost all products can be purchased in Russia. Offered models of convectors is a great variety: they have different shapes, colors and sizes. The company also accepts orders for non-standard products, such as angular devices.
- Buderus. German brand now belongs to Robert Bosch GmbH concern arose in the first half of the XVIII century. Initially the company produced cast iron components for the centers of the device, and since the beginning of the XX century was engaged in the production of heating appliances, including working on the electrical current. The company produces high-quality heaters that combine high specifications and attractive appearance. In 2012, the company has been awarded the Red Dot Award, handed out annually for achievements in the field of design.
- Kermi. Start output of the German company belongs in 1960. The company produces various kinds of products, including showers and heating equipment, but it is convectors, widely represented in the Russian stores, the hallmark enterprise.
- Purmo. The company, founded in the eponymous Finnish town, since the late 1950s started to manufacture heaters that can withstand the cold climate of the north. In the early 1970s, after the company became part of the Rettig Group, production has been significantly modernized and automated. Now the company's products are known throughout the world: it is not only exported to European countries, but also on other continents.
- Zehnder. The Swiss company, founded in the late XIX century, specializes in the production of branded products. Its towel product range, radiators and convectors, different species (ceiling, floor, wall), with a truly "space" design. In addition to serial products, the company is engaged in manufacturing custom-made models, taking into account the individual requirements of customers.
In addition to these popular companies are convectors French company Noirot, Norwegian Nobo, German Stiebel Eltron, Roda and other businesses.
Still do not get to choose the convector home? We encourage you to read tips on choosing appliances for heating, which are provided in another our article.
Rating electric convectors for heating
Members of specialized forums ranked appliances based on the main parameters and features of operation.
Electrolux ECH / AG-1500EF
Budget mobile model from the Swedish manufacturer, which attracts high efficiency and speed to reach operating temperature.
Qualitative convector from Electrolux allows to achieve the operating temperature for only 80 seconds, the heating efficiency average largest room
The advantages of the system also applies the protective screens and the absence of drying air. The disadvantages of the device include a simple design and a small heating area.
Timberk TEC PS1 LE 1500 IN
Comfortable high-quality production machine known international holding company, which are located in Europe and Asia division.
Inexpensive model mobile trolley has two heating mode (one of them is economical), high performance, as well as many additional features:
- a heating element of large area;
- high-precision electronic thermostat;
- on / off timer;
- connectivity accessories;
- air ionizer.
shortcomings noticed by consumers are as expressionless, according to some, design and sound effects (clicks) that are heard when turning the device.
Noirot Spot E-March 1000
Convector made in France wall placement has a nice design, affordable price, high efficiency, and a wide variety of settings.
The device is protected against overheating, a large amount of memory, which allows to restore the settings in the event of sudden power outage, as well as a special system, opposing power surges network.
tight switch modes were observed among the weaknesses and not too long cord.
Nobo C4F 20 XSC
Wall model from the Norwegian manufacturer. Has instant heat, it is capable to heat large areas that will please owners of large areas.
Has a nice design apparatus has protection against overheating sensor, mechanical regulation parameters with the possibility of precise temperature ergonomic attachment allowing give The unit is tilted.
Convector has almost no disadvantages except for the price which is quite high.
Scoole SC HT HM1 1000W
Portable electric convector Norway's production has an attractive design. A small model of a budget price is a fairly powerful device that can heat the average area of the room instantly.
Mobile Scoole model is not only bright color, but also good performance. Micatermic heating element ensures sufficient capacity and high rate of heating and the mechanical thermostat is accurate adjustment
The disadvantages include a large power consumption, because of what the grow operation costs.
Ballu ENZO BEC / EZMR 2000
Model Russian manufacture a monolithic heater has a democratic cost, but at the same time has high performance characteristics.
Convector that can quickly heat a room in 21-25 square meters, raids electronic thermostat, two heat transfer modes, one of which allows to save electrical current, overheating protection and tipping.
There are also two options anchorages (includes fasteners for wall fixing and wheels for outdoor use), the control unit with illumination and temperature in 1 degree increments.
An important advantage is also a comfortable uniform convection, the presence of the timer is turned off, the possibility of programming modes.
Among the weaknesses of the users do not differ very long cord and insufficiently strong wheels.
Conclusions and useful videos on the topic
In the video material on the criteria according to which high-quality electric heating convector is chosen, and provides information about the most popular brands:
Current models of panel heaters can solve the problem of maintaining a comfortable temperature in the rooms. Properly selected device combines rapid heating time, high performance and energy-saving technologies, as well as comfort in use.
Look for an electric convector, but did not get to choose? Or has long been using this heater and can share experiences from its use? Please leave comments, ask questions, share experiences in the article under the block.