Habitually getting food from the fridge, you found that the door does not close? Probably, after a while the sensor gives a signal that the door is open. If all attempts to close the refrigerator denser did not succeed, you need to look for the cause of the malfunction.
Do not rush to change equipment or call a master. You can fix such problems yourself, following our recommendations.
Content of the material:
- 1Why the door does not close properly
2What to do to resolve the problem
- 2.1Rubber compressor
- 2.3Plastic spacer
- 3How to avoid breakage
Why the door does not close properly
If the refrigerator door does not close tightly, you can notice it even if there is no signal sensor. Snow and ice on the walls of the camera indicate the continuous operation of the motor. The refrigerator tries to compensate for warm air, so its nodes are working on wear and tear.
No matter how modern your technique is, the problem with the door needs to be addressed urgently. What to check first:
- Check that there may be a foreign object stuck between the door and the body, so it does not close. If so, it is enough to eliminate the interference and calm down.
- With the help of a building level, check how exactly the technique is installed. A slight deviation is allowed only backwards, otherwise the door will open arbitrarily. Try adjusting the legs to restore balance.
Why there are problems with the door:
- It's a seal. The rubber cuff was worn out and leaky from time to time; it is soiled, so it does not adhere well to the body. Problems with the sealant arise if the door is often opened or strongly slammed when it closes.
- The door fastenings loosened, so the camera does not close tightly.
- The spacer that is located at the bottom of the door was worn out. Thanks to it, the camera opens and closes smoothly. Since the spacer is plastic, it could be damaged.
- If there is a feeling that the door is pushing away from the housing, it is likely that the rod is positioned incorrectly. This part is responsible for turning on the light. It is necessary to change the position of the rod.
- When you are sure that you closed the refrigerator normally, but the sensor signals a loose closure, then it needs a replacement.
What should I do in case of a malfunction? This is not a serious breakdown, so you can deal with them yourself.
What to do to resolve the problem
To check if there are gaps between the body and the door, perform a simple test. Take a sheet of thin paper and close the door - it must be securely fixed. This checks the entire perimeter at the time of the gaps.
Let's analyze separately the causes of the malfunction:
Over time, the sealant is clogged with crumbs, garbage, overgrown with mold, so it is necessary to carry out a timely cleaning. Make it easy at home:
- Gently clean the rubber with a sponge soaked in a detergent with alcohol.
- You can also use soda and vinegar. They do not harm the surface, and after treatment, the rubber remains clean for longer.
- Do not clean the seal with coarse, abrasive agents, otherwise it will be damaged.
But if you notice that the sealant has already begun to deteriorate, it needs a complete replacement. How to determine the wear:
- Rubber turned yellow and began to "tan" - especially it is noticeable on the corners of the door.
- On the surface appear small cracks.
To restore the shape of the seal, use hot water. Pour it around the perimeter with boiling water (after removing it from the door), then immediately straighten it.
After the test with paper it was proved that the door is badly fixed? The reason may be in loose fastenings of loops. All you need is to tighten the hinges and restore the door.
Problems with the plastic spacer often occur in older models of refrigerators. A characteristic sign of a breakdown is a downwardly sloping door. To slam the camera, lift and slam the door. However, every time you should not do this, so you need to replace the spacer anyway.
A common cause of malfunctions is the overload of shelves and doors. Remove some of the door from the products and check the spacer. As a result of overload, the plastic part could wear out or become deformed. Therefore, it is not recommended to load the shelves above the norm.
How to avoid breakage
It is recommended to follow simple rules:
- Do not slam the door when closing, this breaks the tightness of the seal.
- Do not open the camera immediately after you close it. Inside, there is a pressure drop, so the sealer sticks to the body more strongly. When you open the fridge, cracks appear on the cuff.
- During defrosting, clean the cuff as described above.
- Do not overload the shelves of the door, otherwise it will lead to its skew.
The video instructions detail how to clean the seal at home:
So, adhering to simple rules, you will keep the refrigerator working for years to come. Do not lead to serious breakdowns, troubleshoot as necessary.