Polymer garden beds - the best solution for a good harvestIn order to properly plan the site and do everything harmoniously, many gardeners use galvanized beds. Such designs are intended for the cultivation of vegetables, roots, flowers. With the help of such beds it is easy to make any site well-groomed and modern.
Plot who wants to enjoy
Anyone who wants to beautifully equip the dacha territory, galvanized steel beds will become a good helper. They differ in height, width and length. Due to the different sizes, it is easy to choose the one that will best meet the requirements.
Galvanized garden beds have no sharp edges, which makes them safe to use.
The main advantages of metal beds:
- abundant and early harvest;
- ease of installation;
In higher constructions, the soil warms up faster, which favorably affects the development of plants.
Galvanized summer cot do not require special care. They are able to serve for 15 years without losing their attractiveness.
Read also: Growing strawberries using Dutch technology
Installing such constructions will not cause difficulties even for beginners. There are several ways to build, they all depend on the type of construction. For the installation of some types of bolts and screws are used. The simplest assembly is the so-called French design. All its elements just snap together.
Galvanized and polymer-coated metal beds do not rust or deform during sudden temperature changes. They are not necessary to hide in the barn for the winter or cover from the severe frosts. An important advantage of the product is that, if necessary, such a bed can be easily moved to any other place.
Polymer beds are the best solution for a good harvest.
Metal structures, in comparison to wooden ones, are notable for resistance to negative environment. The beds of metal with a polymer coating are not affected by moisture. Fungi and mites do not develop on their surface, which can adversely affect the development of crops.
The coating for polymer beds can be from:
- Polyester. A distinctive feature is the excellent resistance to high air temperatures. This type of material does not fade in the sun and does not deform throughout the entire period of operation. He is able to serve for 30 years.
- Polyurethane. The material has good resistance to ultraviolet rays. Polyurethane coating resistant to chemicals. When used properly, it will delight from 30 to 50 years. This is an environmentally friendly material. Such a coating is made of polyvinyl fluoride and acrylic. Its feature is good resistance to water and high temperatures.
Read also: Mitlayder garden: where to start?
Polymer beds are able to give the site an attractive decorative look. On sale such designs are presented in a wide color palette. Their cost, first of all depends on the size. The most popular are beds with a height of 16 to 36 cm and a width of 50-65 cm.
The main types of galvanized beds
Thanks to the different sizes of metal structures, you can create a modern design of the site, which emphasizes the individuality of the owner. Galvanized beds will be an excellent option for the construction of a multi-tiered structure.
The height of the beds are divided into:
- Low. This is a budget view. The height of such beds is within 14 cm, and the wall thickness is 1.2 mm. Weigh designs about 8 kg.
- Standard. Their height is within 20 cm, and thickness - 2.5 mm. Beds of this type are made from 50 to 200 cm in length. The product weight is approximately 16 kg.
- High. This is the most expensive view. Such beds are valued for their ability to warm up the soil well. Due to this, it is possible to plant seedlings earlier. The height of such structures is 36 cm, the thickness of the side parts is approximately 2.5 mm. The weight of the beds ranges from 30 kg.
In the manufacture of the construction of the stand must be placed strictly at the corners of the bed.
It is easy to build such a product with your own hands. The first thing to do is mark up the lot. Then bury in the corners of the bar. The part that is above the level will be the height of the sides.
Top and bottom fix the frame from the boards. Attach galvanized sheets to the resulting wooden structure.
Read also: Efficient use of fertilizer superphosphate
For their cutting, use electroscissors. With a hand tool should be extremely careful.
Screw metal bands with screws.
Instead of a polymer coating, you can use powder paint, which perfectly protects the structure.
Galvanized beds are very convenient and practical. By purchasing them, you can at times simplify the work in the garden, transform the site and make it more modern.
Assembly of galvanized beds - video