Scale stalking people on the planet. This is not to say that the phenomenon is characteristic only for a limited area. Especially teapots are affected by scale. Note that scale does not form in pans. The reason is not in protective enamel - where the coating is chipped, salt deposits are still absent. Probably, the products that are cooked in a saucepan, prevent the formation of scale in an unknown way. Let's talk how to remove scale in the electric kettle.
Scale: the nature and causes of the formation of
In any water contains salt. The soil is permeated with deposits of elements. People know about salt marshes, devoid of vegetation. Formed such places on the former flooded fields in hot climates. In rice checks constantly pour water, which is actively evaporated by the sun. The result is a shiny white surface - saline. Water evaporated, salt remained.
In the given example, salts remain in the ground, any, we are interested in sediment. Water, passing through the soil, carries soluble compounds. To uncover the further process, let's get some basic knowledge from chemistry. According to the teachings of the followers of Mendeleev, salts are divided into three groups:
- Low Soluble.
In order for a chemical reaction of two or more salts to turn out to be irreversible, gas must either form or precipitate out. In the kettle scale is formed with the passage of both processes. The water washes salt out of the soil, enters the rivers, then the water intake stations filter the liquid supplied to the houses. Scale forms in the kettle and wherever the temperature rises. In the boiler room there are placers of halite near the building.
Raw materials for the production of table salt are required to clean the hot water paths. Thus, the life of pipelines is significantly extended. Hot water is not recommended to drink. The liquid contains a large amount of salt, which is harmful to the human body. For example, mineral water in unlimited quantities carries the risk of stone formation in internal organs and metabolic disorders. Simple salt water leads to a number of unpleasant consequences. Teeth suffer first. Further process goes on increasing.
In salt marshes, drinking water is brought in with special barrels and poured into underground storage facilities where the sun's rays, bacteria, and fungal spores are unreachable( at least, reproduction is blocked at low temperatures).
A hot branch of a water supply system suffers mainly from salt deposits. With increasing temperature, the rate of chemical reactions increases many times, scum, as a result of the interaction of salts, is formed faster. The meaning of the process has already been described. There are a number of salts that react with each other with precipitation and gas evolution. In the case of a kettle, the following are deposited:
- calcium and magnesium carbonates;
- iron metahydroxide;
- calcium sulfate;
In fact, the composition of insoluble salts precipitated as an electric kettle scale is determined by the water content of a given region of various substances. It is well known that the rigidity and acid-base balance of an important natural resource depend on the geographical location of the area.
Scale: control measures
Salts in relation to water are divided into three groups. Chemists have a table with salts horizontally, and acid along the vertical. At the intersection is a sign of solubility. Strong acids, for example, aqua regia, destroy almost everything. But the use of such compounds for the food industry is not recommended. First recipe:
- Take any means for washing dishes. It is checked for the presence of sulfuric, nitric and hydrochloric( perchloric) acids, substances are unacceptable. If the condition is met, we fill the kettle up to the full with water and detergent, turn on the heating, wait until the scale starts to disappear. If it is allowed to remove deposits from a spiral or steel disk solely by chemical means, the walls of glass or plastic will have to be cleaned with a metal grid and detergent at normal temperature. The conditions of scale deposition on metal and plastic do not coincide, the composition of insoluble salts varies. On the heating element it is, as a rule, hard sediment, on the walls we see slimy residues.
Mentioned about acids. For boilers of heating systems it is allowed to use salt. Of course, the boiler maw is then thoroughly washed. The second method will require a lot of time, at the price of the cheapest.
- We have already mentioned that for softening hot water, salt is used in the systems( more precisely, halite), so we take a weak brine and pour it into the device. We believe that sodium and potassium chlorides will react with sediments to form the now soluble salts. Please note that no gases will be emitted. If you heat the brine, and then leave it overnight with the thought - the longer it stays, the better it will clear - in the morning it will be as before the procedures. Leach must be drained together with dissolved scale from the electric kettle, while hot.
Hot temperature will help dissolve scale in the kettle. Any food acid that does not decompose when heated is suitable: acetic, citric, ascorbic, formic. Turning to practical methods that allow to remove scale in the electric kettle, it is recommended to consider the scheme of operations.
They say that if you put the washed peel of apples or potatoes in an electric kettle and wait for the boil, some of the scale is removed. Now it is easy to understand what is happening. A wordless quote from one nutritional site:
- potato peel contains a lot of vitamins and minerals, more than in the tuber.
All vitamins are related to acids, for example, after pineapple juice you need to rinse your teeth in the necessary order. The substances in the drink can damage the enamel. With their help, the removal of scale in the kettle. People note the properties of forfeits, Coca-Cola, helping to deal with scum. Carbon dioxide is added to the listed beverages with the formation of a weak food acid - carbon dioxide. Vitamin C is often introduced into foreign drinks. Its importance for combating scale in an electric kettle has already been discussed. Now it becomes clear and the use of apple peel in the manner of potato.
From what has been said, it becomes clear that fruits and vegetables are distinguished by cleansing properties due to the content of vitamins. Separate( currants, carrots, beets) also contain persistent coloring pigments that are not needed by the electric kettle.
Popular anti-scale agents in an electric kettle.
. Confirming the theory, people found two methods that even steamers clean:
- Two tablespoons of citric acid are enough for every 1.5 liters of water. The solution is required to boil. This is the first known way to clean a scum kettle.
- Any housewife has already guessed about the second method. Cooking often requires acetic acid, it is recommended to use its solution. Usually poured 9% reagent in the amount of 100 g and boiled alone or with water until the bitter end.
Cleaning the electric kettle from scale is carried out in several stages. The struggle continues until a satisfactory result is achieved. Procedures should not be delayed; harmless at the beginning, the deposit of insoluble salts gradually begins to react with the heating element, changing the device in an irreversible manner. Emery for cleaning, by the way, is categorically not recommended.