Let there be light: we make a diode lamp with our own hands
LED light sources are economical and have a number of important advantages compared to others. The independent manufacture of such a device allows us to improve our own skills and create a practical lighting device.
1What are LED bulbs and their advantages
- 1.1Advantages of LEDs
2Making a lamp with your own hands
- 2.1Tools and materials
- 2.2Step-by-step instruction for manufacturing a lamp
2.3Making the driver
- 2.3.1Video: making a LED lamp with your own hands
What are LED bulbs and their advantages
Demand and practical lighting options are LED devices.They are semiconductor devices that look like ordinary incandescent lamps.Inside the case there is a semiconductor material in which electrons move. As a result, a high intensity light stream appears. In this case, there is a light-emitting diode in the lamp, which is the generator of illumination.
Advantages of LEDs
LED lamp for 220 V has a number of advantages in comparison with other variants of lighting devices
The advantages of LED lamps are as follows:
- at manufacture by own hands of a lamp have low cost;
- economy of electricity consumption;
- intensive lighting;
- lack of air heating;
- environmental friendliness and safety;
- long service life.
The disadvantage of this type of lighting is the high cost. At the same time, the products are economical and easy to manufacture with their own hands. Therefore, many users resort to this decision, for the implementation of which does not require a complex tool and professional skills.
Making a lamp with your own hands
It's hard to imagine, but even an LED lamp can be made with your own hands and save a lot on buying appliances.
Tools and materials
The quality of materials and tools needed to create a 220 V lamp plays an important role. On this depend reliability and safety, durability of the product.
For work you need elements such as:
- halogen lamp without glass;
- LEDs up to 22 pieces;
- high-speed glue;
- copper wire and sheet aluminum, the thickness of which is, mm;
- resistors, selected depending on the circuit.
Before work, it is necessary to draw up a scheme for connecting all the parts, which depends on the specific situation. For this purpose, use a variety of online calculators, allowing you to get an accurate result. With more than 22 LEDs, the connection is difficult and requires a special approach.
The tools include a screwdriver, a hammer, a punch, a small soldering iron. In the process of work, a small stand will also be required, which makes it convenient to place diodes on the reflecting disc..
Do not forget about security measures. In the process of work, it is important to use all the details carefully. When working with a soldering iron, it is necessary to observe the heating time of the connected elements, and also take into account the correct sequence of actions. Otherwise, the lamp will be an unsafe device, which can trigger a short circuit in the mains..
Step-by-step instruction for manufacturing a lamp
Manufacturing a LED lamp at 220 V by its own hands does not require professional knowledge and sophisticated tools.
- Preliminary it is necessary to prepare the defective lamp, having opened the case. The cap is detached from it very carefully, and for this you can use a screwdriver.
- Inside the structure there is a board of the ballast electronic device, which will be needed for further work. And also need LEDs. The top of the product has a lid with holes. It should be taken out of the tube. A base is made of plastic or cardboard.
- On a plastic base, the LEDs will stay more secure than on the cardboard. Therefore, it is best to use a piece of plastic.
- The lamp will be powered by the RLD2-1 driver, which is suitable for a network with a voltage of 220 V. In this case, you can connect 3 white single-watt LEDs in series. Three elements are connected in parallel, and then all the chains are fixed sequentially.
- The wires in the socket may be damaged during disassembly of the lamp construction. In this case, you need to solder the elements in place, which will provide a simple technique for further assembly of the product.
- A piece of plastic should also be placed between the driver and the board. This avoids closure. In this case, you can use and cardboard, because the LED lamp is not heated. After this, the assembly is assembled, and the device is screwed into the cartridge and checked for operability.
The power of such a lamp is about 3 watts. The device is connected to a network with a voltage of 220 V and provides bright lighting. The lamp is effective as an auxiliary light source. On the basis of this example of making one's own hands, it is easy to create more powerful structures.
Making the driver
The current stabilization device and the constant voltage source - the driver - are present in the lamp design, which is connected to a network with a voltage of 220 V. Without it, it is impossible to create a light source, and you can make such an element yourself. To do this, it is necessary to carefully disassemble the lamp, cut off the wires leading to the cap and to the glass bulbs. It should be noted that one of the roundabout wires can have a resistor. In this case, the element must be cut off after the resistor, as it is needed when creating the driver.
Each variant of the board differs depending on the manufacturer, the power of the device and other features. For LEDs with a power of 10 W there is no need to rework the driver. If the lamp differs intensity of a stream of light, it is better to take the converter from the device of greater capacity. On the choke of a 20-watt bulb, 18 windings of the enamel wire should be wound, and then soldered to the diode bridge. Next, the lamp is energized and the output power is checked. So you can create a product whose characteristics meet the requirements.
Video: making a LED lamp with your own hands
It's easy to create a 220 V LED lamp with your own hands, but you first need to determine the required power, circuit, and pick up all the elements. Further, the process does not cause difficulties even for novice masters. As a result, you will get an economical and reliable device for lighting any premises..