Kalimagneziya( Kalimag) is a soluble mineral fertilizer with several nutrients. It is made from natural minerals. Kalimagneziya and Kalimag are different substances, but the differences between them are insignificant; they do not matter to the farmer. The drug is produced by various companies;retail sale most often packing of 1 kg and 3 kg. Instructions for the use of this fertilizer are presented below.
Composition and purpose
Externally, the mass looks like powder or granules( or their mixture) of a gray or grayish-brick tint. Contains two basic components - potassium sulfate and magnesium sulfate. These substances, dissolving well in water or moist soil, become sources of available potassium, magnesium and sulfur. Sometimes there is an admixture of a small amount of chlorine - but not more than 1%, which makes it possible to consider this fertilizer to be non-chlorine.
Kalimag is used for dry ground application, as well as for liquid root and foliar dressing. The beneficial effect of the drug is most fully manifested in the growth phase of tubers and root crops, fruit ripening.
The effect is especially noticeable on such lands as:
- light sandy and sandy( sand is needed repeatedly, stepwise);
- raw peat;
- sod-podzolic( especially sour, light and medium texture);
- poor loam.
The mechanism of action
Potassium magnesia is especially valuable because its components complement each other.
- is responsible for the absorption of water;
- relieves thermal stress;
- forms tubers and ovaries;
- improves the taste, color, safety of the crop;
- improves winter hardiness.
When potassium starvation plants become sluggish, growth of ovaries and tubers is inhibited. The foliage( especially the lower one) turns yellow or turns brown between the veins and becomes covered with dark spots. The fruits of cucumbers are thinning at the base( take the shape of a pear).
- is part of chlorophyll, regulates photosynthesis;
- helps absorb phosphorus;
- in fruits and tubers increases the amount of carbohydrates( sugars, starch), vitamin C.
Deficiency of this element leads to the destruction of chlorophyll. The leaf veins remain bright green, but the rest of the leaf space turns yellow or orangish, then turns red or brown. Break off the lower leaves, delayed the overall development. Fruits do not accumulate sweets, and tubers - starch.
- helps synthesize chlorophyll;
- develops the root system( especially in plants of the legume family);
- is a component of tissues and vegetable oils( in the cruciferous crops, as well as onions and garlic).
Sulfur deficiency is manifested in blanching and shallowing of leaf plates, inhibition of root growth.
Root and foliar nutrition with potash-magnesium fertilizer prevents nutritional deterioration, especially in light soils and sensitive crops.
Plants Responsive to Making Potassium Magnesium
Fertilizer is particularly rich in potassium and is ideal for those crops that need it( and at the same time do not tolerate chlorine).A solid amount of magnesium and assimilable sulfur make Kalimag attractive to many plants.
Feed will be delighted:
- cucumbers;zucchini;melons and gourds;
- tomatoes, peppers, eggplants;
- beans, beans, peas;
- sugar beet;
- cabbage, radish, daikon, radish, turnip, rutabaga, turnip;
- onions, garlic;
- carrots, beets, celery;
- strawberry, raspberry, black currant, cherry, apple;
- ornamental crops with an abundance of foliage;
- grazing grass;
The advantages and disadvantages of
Like many other fertilizers, Kalimag requires strict adherence to dosages. We must not forget that this is a chemical.
- Compared with potassium sulphate and potassium chloride, contains less potassium .
- Compared to Magnesium Sulphate, contains less magnesium and sulfur than .
- Low efficiency on black soil and sierozem ( here magnesium sulphate is more useful).
- . It is impossible to use on solonetz( increases salinization).
- is quickly washed out on light and damp lands.
- Toxic for plants with excessive application( darkening and shallowing of foliage).
- Contains a 3-component complex of substances, complement each other's action - this is an advantage over simpler ones: Potassium chloride and sulphate, magnesium sulphate, dolomite flour, potash-lime mixture.
- There is no toxic for many chlorine plants( unlike Potassium Chloride).
- Good dissolves .
- Not sledyatsya during storage.
- Suitable for different types of supplements , in any month of the season.
- Quickly and completely is absorbed by plants.
- Fits for many crops.
This fertilizer complex has no significant drawbacks. Subject to the recommendations shows high efficiency.
General rules for feeding with Kalimag
Fertilizer is useful in the garden throughout the season.fertilizer.
- In the fall or spring, is poured for plowing, is digging: 3-4 kg per hundred.
- It is applied dry ( and is loosened) in the spring in the root zone of trees and bushes: 35 g per 1 square.meter. At the end of August - a similar procedure for strawberries and conifers.
- For fruit crops: spraying during the period of growth of the ovaries( 20 g per 10 liters of water).
- Potato( for starchiness and porosity): 1 teaspoon per well when planted. Before hilling sprinkle 200 g per 10 square meters.meters;or sprinkle during budding, water at the beginning of the growth of tubers( 20 g per 10 liters of water).
- Watering or spraying root crops, onions, garlic - in the initial stage of thickening the underground part: 25 g per bucket of water.
- Tomatoes, cucumbers, other vegetables: 2-3 root and foliar dressings during the growing season( 20 g per bucket of water).
- Ornamental plants: spraying before flowering and watering at the end of summer: 25 g per bucket of water.
Instructions for use for grapes
For grapes, the sugar content of berries is especially important. Kalimag is one of the most effective means for sugar accumulation. When there is a shortage of food, the grapes dry out. In addition, this fertilizer increases the winter resistance of the grape bush.
- In July or August, ( at the time of active increase in the size of the ovary) is given a liquid root dressing: 1 tbsp.spoon on 10 liters.water - on 1 bush. A solution of a similar concentration can also be carried out by 2-3 spraying.
- In the fall, is applied 20 g in the root zone of each bush( loosen dry and water).
Kalimag is not recommended to be combined with urea, stimulants and pesticides.
First aid for poisoning
Belonging to class III hazard indicates that substance can become dangerous only when used for other purposes. May cause poisoning if swallowed. In this case, vomiting can not be called;You need to drink 2-3 glasses of water with crushed tablets of activated charcoal( 10-15 pieces), seek medical help.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The warranty storage period is 5 years after manufacture. However, the chemical is stable, and the real shelf life is not limited.
The preparation does not impose special requirements on storage conditions: does not burn, does not explode, does not press, does not absorb moisture from the air. It should only be protected from water: it dissolves easily.
Calimagnese is an affordable, easy-to-use means for increasing yields. This is one of the best products that improve the presentation and nutritional value of the crop.