content of the article:
There are dozens of recipes for making green string beans, you can just fry it with an egg, boil it and mix it with garlic and olive oil orextinguish stew. This is a very flexible product in cooking, you can cook it anywhere - in a frying pan, pan, oven, microwave, pickle and even sugar, use as a separate dish, and as a side dish
follow the recommendations of experienced chefs:
- You need to buy beans, the pods of which are light green in color, curved, crispy and dense, but easily broken in half. If they are too hard, it means that the beans are overripe. Delicate taste and juiciness have only young shoots.
- Before cooking, each pod must be cut from both sides.
- Dip the beans only in boiling water and cook for no longer than five minutes, otherwise it will melt, acquire unpleasant fiber and lose most of its beneficial qualities. By the way, for many dishes, beans should be cooked only until half cooked.
- After the plant is boiled, it will need to be discarded in a colander and allowed to dry a little.
- If you are not going to cook the beans immediately after boiling, then it should be cut into pieces, folded into bags and sent to the freezer. As such, it can be stored for very long.
If you follow these few simple secrets of making green beans, then any dish will turn out tasty and healthy.
can be served as a garnish with both a bean salad and light vegetable stew. Below are some excellent and easy-to-use recipes.
Fried green beans with eggs
This recipe will require 0.4 kg beans, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp.lvinegar and 30 grams of butter:
- Rinse the beans, trim the tails and boil for five minutes.
- Rinse the beans with a liter of water mixed with vinegar, then fry in oil for a couple of minutes.
- Break eggs into a frying pan, add salt, mix, fry eggs until cooked.
Simple and inexpensive side dish with a savory flavor. For its preparation need:
- 0.5 kg of beans;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- 1/4 fresh chili;
- 1 tsp grated ginger;
- 1 tbsp.spoon of soy sauce and apple cider vinegar;
- greens to taste.
- Prepare green beans: boil and dry in a colander.
- Mix all other ingredients, finely chop the chilli and rub the ginger.
- Stir the beans with the sauce, transfer to a heat-resistant container and cook in the oven for ten minutes at 200 ° C.
- Before serving, ready salad can be sprinkled with finely chopped greens, such as cilantro.
cheese You can also make green beans with cheese, while getting a very tasty side dish. It will take carrots, onions, 2 tbsp.spoons of sour cream, 50 grams of hard cheese and a kilogram of beans:
- To get started, prepare all the ingredients: wash and boil the beans, chop the onions, and rub the cheese and carrots.
- Fry the onions and carrots for five minutes, add sour cream and beans, mix everything, simmer on low heat for fifteen minutes, cover the pan with a lid.
- Sprinkle the finished dish with cheese.
If you are cooking from frozen beans, then you need to prepare it in advance, and to preserve the bright green color, use the ice bath - after boiling immediately rinse with cold water or place in a container with ice cubes.
Chicken Soup with Beans
String Beans: How to Cook It in Soup? Very simple! You can choose as a vegetarian option, and meat broth. Particularly tasty is chicken soup.
- 400 grams chicken fillet;
- 2 cups green beans;
- 300 grams of brown beans;
- 5 glasses of vegetable broth;
- 3 tomatoes;
- 2 zucchini;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- 12 basil leaves.
- Cut the meat, chop the garlic, put it into the pan and fry for three minutes in a small amount of olive oil.
- Cut the zucchini and tomatoes into pieces no more than one and a half centimeters, put in a saucepan, add broth and cook for fifteen minutes on low heat.
- Add basil leaves, salt and pepper to taste, let the soup stand for about ten minutes before pouring it into plates.
Many hostesses serve green beans to the table as a separate dish.
Pkhali is a popular dish of Georgian cuisine, to make it you need to take 400 grams of green beans, 70 grams of walnuts, a little cilantro and parsley, one onion and a lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste at the very end.
- Boil the beans, drain in a colander and pour over ice water.
- Dry nuts in a frying pan, chop greens and onions.
- Squeeze lemon juice and pass it through a sieve.
- Fold all ingredients in the blender bowl except the beans and beat well.
- Pour the beans with ready-lemon-peanut sauce.
Pkhali is most often served with meat and a glass of red wine, while decorating each serving with several sprigs of fresh greens.
How to cook a delicious stew with green beans:
- Boil 0.4 kg of beans, cut into pieces.
- Wash and cut one small zucchini and eggplant.
- Chop onions, rub the carrots, fry for a couple of minutes on a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Add all the ingredients to the cauldron: first roast, stew for a couple of minutes, then add two tomatoes cut into ringlets, zucchini, eggplant and beans.
- Simmer until cooked on low heat, stirring occasionally.
Beans, due to their peculiarities, may be the cause of increased gas formation, therefore, before cooking, it must be soaked in a weak soda solution.
There are a lot of recipes from frozen green beans, one of which is Güvech - a rich Bulgarian dish. Traditionally, it is cooked in a clay pot, but you can use the usual heat-resistant saucepan. The following ingredients will be needed to make güvek:
- 500 grams of pork;
- 300 grams green beans;
- 2 onions;
- 150 grams of green peas;
- 4 tbsp.spoons of sunflower oil;
- 4 potatoes;
- 4 Bulgarian peppers;
- bunch of parsley.
How to cook:
- Large cut meat, fry until golden, salt and pepper.
- Chop the vegetables, fry the onions in a small amount until golden brown, add the potatoes and cook for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pepper, simmer for five minutes, then beans and peas, another seven minutes.
- Salt with ground red and black pepper to taste, mix and put in a thick-walled pan, first the meat, then the vegetables and finely chopped parsley, pour hot water over everything, so that it does not reach about an inch from the edge of the vegetables.
- Cook for one hour in the oven at 180 ºC.
Surprise your loved ones with an unusual snack of green beans.
Crispy sticks of green beans in batter
Such a dish would be an excellent snack for beer or a side dish for meat. For its preparation you will need: a pound of beans, 2 eggs and 150 grams of potato starch and flour.
- Wash the beans, cut off the tips and boil in salted boiling water for seven minutes.
- Prepare a batter: mix starch, eggs, salt and a little soda water, so that the mixture turns out to have a sour cream-like consistency.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, fry the beans in it, dipping it first in batter. The easiest way to do this is to handfuls: put a handful of beans in a batter, mix and place on a griddle, cook until golden brown, repeat with the rest of the beans.
The finished dish can be sprinkled with black pepper for spice or sesame seeds.
Nisoaz Salad with Green Beans and Cod Liver
Nisoaz Salad is a great choice for a festive table. This recipe is a great example of how to cook green beans in pods. It will need:
- 180 grams of cod liver;
- 200 grams of green string beans;
- 3 eggs;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 3 potatoes;
- 100 grams of olives;
- 3-4 leaves of green lettuce;
- 1/4 lemon.
How to cook:
- Boil and cut the eggs into four pieces, chop the vegetables.
- Boil potatoes until cooked( about twenty minutes), then fry until golden brown.
- Boil the beans in boiling salted water for ten minutes.
- Prepare a salad dressing: chop the garlic, squeeze out lemon juice, mix everything with salt and pepper.
- Cut into small pieces of cod liver.
- Put lettuce leaves on a plate, potatoes, beans, olives, tomatoes and quarters of eggs on top.
- Put cod liver slices on top of all listed ingredients and pour salad dressing.