Such a loud name of the variety will undoubtedly attract the attention of experienced gardeners. After all, everyone dreams of good quality fruits and high yields. Tomato Hundred pounds really justifies its name, and below we consider its characteristics and description, advantages, disadvantages and rules of cultivation.
- Characteristics and description of tomato varieties hundred pounds
- Advantages and disadvantages
- preparation and sowing the seeds for seedlings
- Transplant seedlings in open ground
- Diseases and pests
Characteristics and description of tomato varieties hundred pounds
Bred this variety has been breeders of Russia. This type of tomato medium-early term .The ripening period according to the characteristic - 120-125 days .Differs in high productivity.
Grow this type of tomato, both in greenhouses and in open ground .When grown in a greenhouse, the bush grows to a height of 2 meters. In the open ground grows to a height of 1.5 meters.
The leaves are dark green in color, not a large amount on the trunk. Fruits are pear-shaped, ribbed. fruit weight from 160 to 350 grams. , color bright red. The flesh is fleshy, the taste is sweetish, the seeds are small. The skin is thick, but not coarse.
Advantages and disadvantages of
One hundred pounds tomato variety, like any other vegetable, has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantages of this variety include:
- good yield ;
- excellent taste;
- does not crack;
- high content of useful substances;
- low calorie;
- can grow in greenhouses and in the open field, with the right care in any regions ;
- long-term fruiting ;
- does not require special care;
- excellent presentation;
- good transportability;
- widely used in cooking;
- able to mature;
- high disease resistance .
The disadvantages of this variety include the need for a shoots and tying bushes.
Preparation and sowing of seeds for seedlings
Seeds purchased in the store do not require any preparation except for germination. Personally harvested seeds must be prepared for sowing.
The preparation of seeds is carried out in several stages:
- Selection of .In a saline solution, soak the seeds for 10 minutes. Leave only the seeds that have fallen to the bottom. Remove the floating seeds, as they are not suitable for planting;
- Disinfection .In order to prevent diseases, treat the seeds with a 1% solution of potassium permanganate;
- Soak .For better germination, soak in a growth stimulator;
- Hardening is performed to improve plant adaptation to any climatic changes. Seeds are placed in a cloth bag and put in the refrigerator for 13 hours;
- Warming up .Seeds warm up 6 hours after hardening at a temperature of +20 degrees;
- Sprouting .Put the seeds in a saucer on wet filter paper. You must constantly make sure that the paper remains wet all the time until the seeds germinate.
Before planting seeds, it is necessary to to prepare the ground .This can be done as follows:
- Mix the soil from the garden in equal parts with peat and sifted river sand. To normalize the acidity of the soil, add ash in the prepared soil;
- Disinfect with a strong manganese hot solution.
Pour the prepared soil into a container and level it well. Sow seeds in the grooves to a depth of 0.7 cm with a distance of 2 cm from each other. Sprinkle the grooves with a thin layer of soil and moisten with a spray bottle. Cover the container with polyethylene and remove to a dark room with a temperature of +25 degrees .
After 5 days, when the first shoots appear, remove the polyethylene from the container and bring the seedlings into the lighted room. To get good seedlings, you need to create additional highlight .This can be done with the help of fluorescent lights. Watering should be moderate.
When two leaflets appear on the seedlings, it is necessary to plant in separate pots with a capacity of one liter.
It is better to replant seedlings by carefully digging them, with a clod of earth from the former place of growth. If the seedlings have 3-4 leaflets, it is necessary to perform the hardening procedure .
For this, the first two days should open the window into the room for 3 hours. You need to make sure that there are no drafts. For the next three days, take the seedlings to an open loggia for a full light day. Two days before transplanting in greenhouses, leave seedlings on the loggia for the whole night.
Transplantation of seedlings in open ground
Transplanted seedlings in greenhouses at the age of 60 days .If it is planned to grow in open ground, then will perform transplantation to a permanent growing area from May 10–15 to .
The frequency of planting seedlings in a row - 35-45 cm .Aisle 65–75cm .Pour the soil before transplanting seedlings with a hot solution of strong manganese. After transplanting, seedlings need to be watered from a watering can, mulch sawdust or humus and make a comprehensive fertilizer. Subsequent watering should be moderate, as the soil dries.
To form a bush should be in 1 or 2 stalks. Tying bushes to the supports is necessary as soon as the top of the bush begins to wrap.