Buying and running the dishwasher for the first time are exciting events. Great hopes are placed on household appliances. That she should save the hostess from the unpleasant and dirty kitchen work.
It is important to ensure that the instrument is properly selected, installed, connected, and its functionality meets expectations. To do this, the technique is checked twice, starting idle and in operation.
The content of the article:
- The purpose of the dishwasher inspection
- Procedure for idle start
- Aspects that need attention
Start of operation - the first working start
- Step 1: selection of household chemicals
- Step 2: correct basket loading
- Step 3: Search for a suitable program.
- Conclusions and useful video on the topic
When the long-awaited device appears in the house, the owner wants to turn it on immediately and check the performance.
Do not rush. To get started, you should carefully read the instructions so that the standard actions of the equipment do not seem to show signs of damage.
The only difference in the test run of the machine from the worker is the lack of dishes in the basket. Otherwise, you need to do everything the same: load detergents, salt, rinse. It is advisable to check the technique on the cycle with the highest temperature.
The work of dishwashers from different manufacturers may vary significantly, so manufacturers of equipment make up detailed instructions for the first run. Do not ignore their recommendations, otherwise you may encounter unexpected problems during the operation of the device.
The purpose of the dishwasher inspection
Before the first switching on, testing of the dishwasher is mandatory; they drive one cycle without loading the dishes. This test has several goals:
- Cleaning. After manufacturing at the factory, inside the parts of the new technique, traces of lubricants remain, as well as small particles of garbage. While the car is in the store, it is examined, touched by hands, which leads to the appearance of stains. Test run removes dirt and prepares the equipment for operation.
- Check functionality. During the first start-up, manufacturing defects are manifested. If it was damaged during transport, it will also become apparent.
- Control of correct installation and connection. In life there is always a place of annoying accidents. Installers could be mistaken when installing, connecting to plumbing or sewage. Sometimes they just forget to remove the shipping elements. The test will reveal shortcomings.
- User training. Even if not the first dishwasher was bought, you still have to adjust to the new technology. Machines from different manufacturers have their own characteristics, and you need to deal with them before the device is put into operation.
For a test run, you will need a starter kit - detergent, salt and rinse aid. It is either purchased separately, specifically for checking the machine, or using one that is planned to be used for washing dishes in the future. This will help determine the amount of salt, the type of detergent.
Already during the test run, it is necessary to do everything the same way as when washing dishes: load household chemicals, select a mode. Thanks to this simple action, you can immediately understand the features of the machine
Sometimes users make a mistake: they run the first cycle without detergents, loading only salt. In this way, they try to save an extra pill or dose of gel. Do not do this. Hot water will wash away the technical grease, but traces of fatty composition may remain under the rubber bands.
Procedure for idle start
First of all, the dishwasher is carefully inspected. You need to make sure that it is not damaged, and there are no foreign objects in the chamber. Sometimes foam sealing inserts, stickers, etc. are forgotten inside the device. If everything is in order, you can turn on the machine in the network, unscrew the valve that blocks the water.
Salt improves its water quality. It is important to correctly calculate the amount of softener, focusing on its rigidity. To do this, use the test strips included in the operational set of the machine.
Next, act according to this scheme:
- Check if the machine is level.
- All supply and exhaust hoses must be securely connected and the joints sealed. Check it out.
- Open the chamber door. It is necessary to check whether the sprayer rotates freely. To do this, you need to crank it several times.
- Drain filter unscrew, thoroughly washed with running water with household chemicals, and then set in place.
- When selecting detergents, you need to find those that do not damage the machine parts. The required amount of salt and rinse count immediately to set the program for the future.
- When all the preparatory work is completed, the machine is set to the longest dishwashing mode, without loading the basket. It is important that the temperature be as high as possible.
- It remains only to close the door tightly, start the dishwasher and monitor its work. If everything goes well, do not interfere and try to improve something.
So that the regenerating salt does not stick together while the machine is running, about a liter of clean water is poured into the empty compartment. Only after that it can be filled. The recommended amount is 300-500 g.
If the dishwasher does not disconnect from the network, the specified parameters (type of chemistry, amount of salt, rinse aid) will remain unchanged. But in the event of a power cut, you will have to re-enter this data.
If the dishwasher itself does not determine the chemistry, you need to manually make in the settings the type of equipment and the mode of salt supply. Modern machines remember the entered parameters.
Aspects that need attention
While the cycle of the dishwasher in the test mode lasts, you need to check such functions:
- Water supply. Normally, it arrives smoothly, the car does not stop.
- Heat. You should make sure that the heater is in order. It can not be checked in the store, so only test run can detect problems.
- Drain Water should flow out completely and without delay.
- Drying. It is necessary to check whether moisture remains in the chamber after the end of the cycle.
If the functionality of the dishwasher no complaints, it can be run in full operation. Do not load the dishes as soon as the machine has completed the test cycle. It should cool down, so it is better to wait a couple of hours.
Usually a new machine runs smoothly, no difficulties arise. If something is in doubt, it is better to once again look into the instructions.
Sometimes the test run is trusted by the master who installed and connected the dishwasher. It makes sense if such equipment has never been in the house or there is cause for alarm regarding a particular model. Most often, anxiety is unreasonable.
Start of operation - the first working start
This stage is started only after the test run of the PMM in idle mode. Otherwise, even if the equipment is ok, there may be traces of industrial grease on clean dishes. These substances are potentially dangerous. It is better not to save and not to risk health.
Proper loading of dishes in the dishwasher basket is an art. Not everyone can quickly learn to arrange cutlery so that the machine washes them clean
Before operating, you will have to spend a little time and deal with pressing issues. You need to take care of the selection of detergents, products for preventive maintenance, learn how to properly load the basket, find the best program for the available cutlery.
We offer step-by-step instructions on how to prepare for the first use of the dishwasher in operation.
Step 1: selection of household chemicals
In order for the dishes to be consistently clean, it is necessary to determine the best means for a particular machine model. You should be guided by the following criteria:
- Release form. There are powder, preformed, gel formulations. From the choice depends on the quality of washing dishes and cost-effective means.
- Composition. The chemicals of complex action may include several active ingredients. Each performs its function and best of all copes with tasks of a particular type. Should be selected depending on the type of dishes.
- Security. Aggressive chemicals can be detrimental to health. It is better not to use the products of some brands if there are children in the house, old people, pregnant women, allergies, asthmatics.
- Price. Dishwasher saves time and effort of the hostess, but this does not mean that you should go broke. It is necessary to determine the budget, which will be allocated on a monthly basis for household chemicals, and choose the compositions that are suitable for the price.
In addition to detergents, you will also need compositions for water softening, manual and automatic cleaning of the dishwasher, descaling the walls of the chamber, heating elements and other parts of the machine.
A photo of
Dishwashing detergents are considered the most economical. They are convenient to dispense. Price is affordable. Among the shortcomings, users indicate the ability to damage delicate surfaces. Another disadvantage: volatile active substances enter the respiratory tract, which is unsafe
Gel-like detergents are the best choice for most dishwasher owners. They cope with persistent pollution. It does not scratch the delicate coating, do not leave marks. They can not accidentally breathe when loading into the car
Convenient multi-functional tablets would be ideal if it were not for problems with dissolving in water. On short cycles, you will have to use other forms of detergents or throw out the remnants of tableted drugs. This is profligacy
The main task of the tool is to prevent the formation of lime scale on the internal parts of the machine. You will have to buy it, i.e. Many models do not start at all when the receiver is empty. In order to save, specialized salt is sometimes replaced by cooking.
After washing, water remains on the walls of the dishes. To make the drops drip and the surfaces dry without stains and streaks, special rinses are used. The compositions remove the remnants of detergents, contribute to a better runoff of water, give the dishes a characteristic glow
The need for a freshener becomes apparent when a persistent stench appears in the dishwasher. Its reason - the multiplication of bacteria on the details of the camera. Freshener disinfects internal surfaces, eliminates odor itself and its source - colonies of microorganisms
For any appliances you need to promptly take care, and the dishwasher is no exception. During operation, fatty, limescale deposits appear on the elements of the machine. They must be cleaned manually and automatically. For this purpose, special formulations are used.
Salt is not a panacea for lime scale. Sooner or later it still appears. To scale does not affect the performance of the machine and did not cause increased power consumption, it is necessary to carry out prevention. You can use soda and vinegar or store supplies
Dishwashing powder in the dishwasher
Gel for automatic dishwashing
Tablets for washing dishes in the PMM
Regenerating salt for PMM
Means for removing scale in PMM
Before buying detergents, you need to carefully read the composition on the package. Active ingredients are selected depending on the type of available dishes and the usual degree of contamination.
Aggressive agents contain chlorine. They perfectly wash resistant pollution, remove stains from coffee, tea, herbal infusions. Another advantage is a pronounced whitening effect.
Chlorine-containing formulations are a good choice for dishes with durable coatings, but they are not suitable for delicate cutlery. They can not be used to wash silver, nickel silver, thin and fragile porcelain, crystal objects. If the dishes are hand painted, it can be badly damaged in the car.
An alternative to chlorine is enzymes. These are weakly alkaline substances that gently launder all types of pollution. They do not damage delicate surfaces, they work even in cold water. Minus - the lack of a whitening effect.
Environmentally friendly products are available in the form of powders, tablets, gels. They use soda or antiseptic plant oils as active ingredients.
Families with young children, allergies and asthmatics should buy eco-friendly detergents. They do not contain aggressive chemicals, dyes and other hazardous substances.
Due to the natural composition of eco-friendly products do not cause allergic reactions, asthma attacks. The disadvantages include the dubious quality of washing dishes and traces of grease on the internal parts of the dishwasher. It will have to be cleared of plaque more often.
Step 2: correct basket loading
Put the dishes in the car so that it does not interfere with the rotation of the sprinklers. Plates and pans should be completely washed with water. It is necessary that the liquid flow freely, otherwise the subsequent drying will be difficult, and drops or stains will remain on the surfaces.
For spoons, forks and knives a separate tray is provided, but do not put sharp objects in it. It is better to wash them by hand. It is also undesirable to wash cutting boards in the machine. They may be deformed.
A few simple rules should be followed:
- The basket is loaded from the bottom compartment. This put the largest and heaviest items.
- The top tray is designed for light dishes. With spoons, forks and knives, you can put the caps on cans, bottles.
- If you need to wash a large pan, for which there is not enough space, you can remove the upper tray.
- Between the plates, bowls, pots, there must be space for the water to freely fall into each recess. To improve the quality of washing, you can tilt the dishes slightly forward.
- If you want to wash the plastic salad bowl or container, it is placed in the top tray. At the bottom of the machine is a heating element that can partially melt the material.
Before loading the dishes you need to remove food from her. In some cases, it makes sense to manually rinse heavily soiled items under running water. This is necessary to prevent premature clogging of filters.
A visual aid for loading the dishwasher will help to carry out this part of the work correctly:
Step 3: Search for a suitable program.
In order for the dishes to be completely cleaned, the washing program must be set correctly. All models have approximately the same options, but they are called differently. This may make it difficult to find a suitable regimen.
Each mode has its own graphic symbol. In order not to get confused, it is better to study in advance the images that indicate the necessary options (+)
It is necessary to understand the standard features:
- Soak. The program is designed for two types of washing dishes - preliminary and main. It should be chosen if the remains of food have burned or burned to the plates and pans. Also, the mode is suitable for laundering large amounts of fat, dough.
- High intensity wash. Strongly soiled dishes without burnt or dried food can be washed without soaking. In this case, the quality of cleaning is ensured by the high temperature of the water. The program is not suitable for delicate dishes with a soft coating, plastic objects.
- Standard mode. Allows you to get a good result with optimal energy consumption. The program is designed for dishes of moderate contamination.
- Economy mode If there is no fat or dried food on the cutlery, they can be cleaned with minimal electricity and water.
- Delicate washing. Thin and delicate dishes need gentle care. Delicate mode set for fragile sets, porcelain, crystal.
- Quick wash. It's just rinsing dishes with household chemicals, and then clean water. The program does not provide for either thorough cleaning of surfaces or drying.
For idle test run, it is better to choose a high-intensity mode, and for later switching on find the optimal program.
In embedded machines, the control panel is most often located at the top of the door. In stand-alone models, the indicators and buttons are on the outside
It is necessary to check how the machine washed the first batch of dishes. If traces of dirt remain, you will have to adjust the mode or add detergent.
In the presence of stains on the plates increase the amount of rinse.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
New home appliances seem difficult to use, but this is only the beginning. Once you understand how it works, there will be no problems. To facilitate the first steps in the operation of the dishwasher, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with several thematic videos.
Testing and first launch of PMM:
The dishwasher can permanently save the hostess from having to soak, boil dishes, scrape off the burned leftover food. You just need to make sure that the equipment is working, determine the necessary functions and buy the correct household chemicals. Test the new device, adjust the settings and enjoy the rest, and unpleasant duties entrust the dishwasher.