Is it possible to wash pans in the dishwasher? There is no unambiguous answer - it depends on the material of the product.
Before loading dishes into the dishwasher chamber, read the operating instructions. The manufacturer indicates which materials can be placed, and which can not. On individual products there are special icons that indicate the possibility of technical cleaning. In the article, we will consider in detail all the options.
Content of the material:
- 1What frying pans can and can not be washed in PMM
- 2What can I wash?
What frying pans can and can not be washed in PMM
Let's start off with,that can not be placed in the dishwasher. itfrying pans made of cast iron, aluminum, as well asTeflon coating.
The surface of cast-iron products is uneven, almost porous. Therefore, before each use, it is recommended to heat bowls with sunflower oil: it clogs the pores, forming a smooth protective film. When exposed to detergents, hard brushes, the protective layer is washed off. As a result, the surface begins to rust, and the food - to stick.
On the cast-iron frying pan in the dishwasher there are washing gels (at best), and even powders with abrasive particles. Long stay in water also does not go to material for good.
The same goes for the Teflon product. This is a polymer coating that is easily washed off by mechanical action. Therefore, even food in teflon bowls is recommended to mix with a wooden spatula. If the appliance is loaded into the dishwasher, the coating is peeling off.
Since Teflon has non-stick properties, it will not be difficult to wash it manually, like cast iron products. But here you need to adhere to the rules:
- Do not use abrasive powders;
- metal brushes;
- Gels that contain a lot of alkali.
How to save the situation if you have already got a frying pan out of the dishwasher and noticed traces of rust:
- Rinse the rusty coating with warm water and a soft sponge.
- Wipe dry with a towel.
- Rub the inside of the oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Warm up. As soon as a characteristic odor appears, turn off the heat and allow the salt to cool.
- Remove the salt and grate the inner and outer surfaces with sunflower oil. It will help restore the protective layer.
Teflon can be treated with warm water with a small amount of detergent gel.
Aluminum frying panshave proven themselves as cheap and inefficient devices. They heat up quickly, but they can not overheat, so food often sticks to the surface.
Why aluminum products can not be placed in a dishwasher:
- the instruments darken;
- it is unsafe for health - aluminum has a negative effect on memory, digestion, etc.
How does the dishwasher help destroy aluminum? The surface of the frying pan is covered with a protective oxide film. Under the influence of a strong pressure of water and alkaline agents, the film is washed off. As a result, the material reacts with water, darkens and collapses.
Some users say that they have repeatedly washed aluminum appliances in PMM at 35 degrees. We warn, that consequences can be imperceptible from the first time.
What can I wash?
In the dishwasher, you can handle dishes from those materials that are not afraid of high temperatures and the effects of detergents. It refers to:
- stainless steel;
- products with enamel or ceramic coating (no chlorine-containing, alkaline, acidic products during washing);
- titanium coating (use gentle means and set a low temperature);
- aluminum with a protective coating.
Recommendations for washing the frying pan in the dishwasher:
- It is desirable to use gel means, do not exaggerate the dosage.
- Install the device upside down or sideways so that all surfaces are handled.
- If possible, remove plastic handles. So they will not get hurt, and the object will fit comfortably in the basket.
Now you can choose a frying pan not only for convenience, but also whenever possible washing in the dishwasher. A useful video on the topic will help get rid of carbon deposits:.