The Ariston Hotpoint dishwasher developers thoroughly thought over not only the design, but also provided for the possibility of prompt detection of equipment failures. The equipment of this brand signals about the breaking up of a breakdown, “reports” on violations of different values. The code displayed on the panel gives the owner the right to decide whether the service center or he will be engaged in repairs. Convenient, right?
How the errors of the Ariston Hotpoint dishwasher are determined, you will learn from the article submitted by us. In it it is in detail told about what the code put by engineers warns. Described in detail what can be done independently to correct the situation, and when it is better to contact repairmen.
The author presents the subtleties of diagnosis, gives advice, subject to which the risk of breakage and machine breakdown is dramatically reduced. Photo, video recommendations and reviews are used as a useful informative supplement.
The content of the article:
Water intake or discharge problems
- AL01 - Leak in the car
- AL02 - no water in the car
- AL03 and AL05 - problems with the drain or pump
- Heater malfunction
- Errors of key elements of the device
- Ways to prevent damage to the dishwasher
- Conclusions and useful video on the topic
Water intake or discharge problems
The PMM Ariston provides a self-diagnostic system. As soon as the control module detects a fault, it immediately stops the execution of the program and flashes the hint code.
Consider the most common mistakes - from easily removable to requiring expert intervention.
AL01 - Leak in the car
This code indicates loss of tightness in PMM connections. If you look inside the dishwasher, you will most likely find water on the pallet and a floating “float”, which gave the control board a fault signal under the code 01. On devices without a digital screen, the lights will blink: on machines with 4 programs, the first diode will flash, on the model with 6 modes - the third on the left.
Ariston Hotpoint dishwashers have an AquaStop protection system that blocks the supply. water, but sometimes it works not only in an emergency, but also when using high-foam detergents funds
What should be done:
- Disconnect the instrument from the power supply. If the water is already on the floor - you need to act carefully, so as not to step into a puddle.
- If the protection has worked when the tank is full, press the drain program and wait until the chamber is empty.
- Shut off the water supply valve to the PMM.
- Inspect the gum on the appliance door, check the hose connections, the condition of the clamps and all available components. If you find a leak, try to fasten parts or renew seals. It is better to replace the failed consumables, hoses and gum.
- In case of long-term operation, corrosion of working chambers can be the cause of depressurization. Although high strength steel is used in Ariston Hotpoint models, leaks are not excluded. In this case, worn places are treated with special sealants and soldering.
If you didn’t manage to find the culprit yourself, you’ll have to call the wizard with the repair kit, who will diagnose and help you determine the reason for stopping the machine.
AL02 - no water in the car
Machines with 4 modes without display will signal by flashing the second left diode, and those calculated on 6 - the fourth. The first thing to do in error 02 - make sure that there is water in the system, but for some reason it does not go inside the device. To do this, you can simply open the tap at the nearest point of water intake. It does not hurt to check the shut-off valve, if it is installed separately for the PMM.
The inlet filter is installed inside the inlet hose, and its small cells often suffer from rust particles from the aqueduct, fine sand and other foreign matter.
Causes of error 02 and their elimination:
- The system has low pressure, i.e. from the tap water flows under weak pressure. Such a machine is not enough power, and it will not work. In this case, it is worthwhile simply to postpone washing the dishes until a normal flow appears.
- The door latch is broken, so the device does not start the program, so as not to make a flood.
- The inlet filter or inlet hose is blocked by various impurities found in tap water. In this case, you need to unscrew the hose bay, make sure that it is not pinched and in good condition. Then rinse it and the protective mesh under good pressure.
- The problem with the feed valve. If the blockage is not detected, and the water still does not flow to the machine, it is most likely that the voltage required to open / close it stopped flowing to the water supply valve. In 99% of the reasons for such a breakdown are jumps in the power grid. In this case, it is better to replace the part with a new one and connect the device through a stabilizer.
If the machine is under warranty, for replacement of defective items it is better to contact the service center.
If the device not only occasionally highlights the error, but also badly washes and rinses the dishes, most likely the problem lies in the upper or lower sprinkler
In long-running machines one of the frequent breakdowns under the code 01 may indicate wear of fasteners in the internal spray system. Such damage is easy to fix by yourself.
To check the status of the system, you need:
- Remove the lower basket of the dishwasher - the bottom sprinkler is installed under it. Its blades need to be unscrewed and removed.
- Now inspect the fastener - in fact, it is a plastic or metal ring, which may have cracks or other damage. If problems are detected, it is better to replace the mount (and the sprinkler itself) by unscrewing the old hardware with a key, and then install a new holder.
- Top sprinkler attached to the top basket. To get to it, you need to push the tray, squeeze out the stops and unscrew the rotating blades.
- Here you need to check the sealing rubber ring, the mounting nut and the channel that supplies water, if necessary, replace the broken elements and reassemble the system.
Causes of failure of parts often becomes scale, the penetration of small objects or normal wear during active use. But it is rather simple to perform such a repair with your own hands, the main thing is to find the exact match of parts for your PMM model.
AL03 and AL05 - problems with the drain or pump
Often the reason for stopping the machine are clogs from food residue on the dishes. If the drain hose, pump or nozzle is blocked and the maximum allowed time for water discharge is exceeded - the machine will signal with numbers 03. In machines without a display, this will be a simultaneous wink of 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 diodes (for 4 and 6 programs, respectively).
Checking the drain starts with a filter that is located at the bottom of the dishwasher - it must be carefully removed, disassembled and rinsed
In this case, you first need to make sure that the hose is permeable - it can simply be pinched or blocked. “Cork” of food waste, as a result of which the pump cannot push the waste water into sewer drain.
If checking the filter and the hose did not help solve the problem with the drain, the reason may lie in the malfunction of the drain pump. The state of its connections and wiring is checked with a multimeter. If the voltage indicator is insufficient, the part requires replacement.
A dishwasher will signal with a code 05 or a 1 and 3 or 3 and 5 diode lights will flash at the same time if a pump or water level sensor fails.
Also the cause of problems with the drain can be:
- A break in the wiring leading to the pump - you need to "ring" and, if necessary, solder the contacts.
- Penetration of a small object into the impeller of the pump - the part is disassembled and the interference is removed by mechanical cleaning.
- Breakdown of the water level sensor or clogging of its tube — check the voltage and, if necessary, clean the part.
- Malfunction of the pump triac on the control module - the element must be replaced with a new one.
- Incorrect drain hose connection. Some models have a special code for this error. A14which is displayed if the waste water, instead of going into the sewer, is returned to the machine.
The most difficult case is the failure of the board. But sometimes the problem can be solved with the help of a simple "reanimation" of electronics - de-energize the device, give 10-20 minutes to rest and reboot.
But even if this method worked, the failure can happen again at any time, so you should turn to to specialists regarding inspection and flashing of the board - it’s possible that the contacts have moved away or the tracks need to be soldered module.
If you notice that the machine is washing dishes with cold water - the problem most often lies in the malfunction of the heating system. Detecting a fault is simple: the instrument case remains cold throughout the entire cycle, and traces of grease, food and coloring drinks, which are usually easily cleaned by warm water
If there are problems in the power supply circuit of the heating element, the dishwasher can heat water, but this process can stretch for 30-40 minutes, increasing the operating time of the machine.
Possible errors and their interpretation:
- AL04 - Fault in the supply circuit of the temperature sensor NTC. For machines without a display, this will be the signal of diode No. 3 or No. 5 (for 4 and 6 programs, respectively). In this case, it is necessary to disassemble the machine, inspect and check the voltage at the sensor contacts.
- AL08 - malfunction of the heating sensor (flashing 4 diodes). If the PMM signals a sensor failure, it does not mean that it has failed. It is possible that the part is loose on the tank or there is a break in the wiring in the circuit from the module to the sensor.
- AL10 - problems with heating elements (simultaneous blinking of 2 and 4 or 4 and 6 diodes). Causes of problems can be an open circuit in the wire leading to the heating element, a blown relay on the control module, or the combustion of the heating element itself. Such failures are a frequent occurrence in areas with hard water. In this case, you need to disassemble the machine, check the wiring, and possibly replace the heater or module.
Since the repair of the heating system requires dismantling, disassembling of the device and professional diagnostics, it is not worth it to do it yourself without a decent experience in working with electronics. In this case, the most appropriate solution would be to contact the Ariston service center.
For Ariston Hotpoint models that are not equipped with a digital display, you can use this decoding table to self-diagnose the most common breakdowns (+)
But sometimes problems with the heating system can be the result of improper operation. For example, if the machine is improperly connected, it will constantly collect and drain water, without having to heat it - alas, such cases are not uncommon, if you entrust the installation of a PMM to an inexperienced master. The solution here is obvious - dismantle and reconnect the device.
Another easily fixable problem is that the filter is clogged, causing the water circulation to deteriorate and the heater simply does not turn on. Therefore, before contacting the service center, try to clean the filters, hoses and check this guess.
Errors of key elements of the device
Eliminating blockages and replacing worn gaskets is a task that does not require special skills and special tools. But when electronics or the main components of the device fail, you have to partially disassemble the machine and know how to properly dismantle and inspect its elements.
Repair of the control board requires serious skills in working with electronics, but it is enough to replace it. it is simple - it is only necessary to disassemble the dishwasher door, remove the control panel and disconnect the sensors from by wires
Serious malfunctions of the dishwasher, requiring the obligatory call of the master from a certified service department, include an error 06 - violations in the supply line of the valve bay. The features of the definition and elimination of the breakdown will be introduced by the video:
Difficult breakages at which it is better to call the master:
- AL07, AL08, AL09 - errors in the operation of the control module.
- AL10 - problems with heating elements or intake valve electrics.
- AL11 - failure of the circulation pump, which supplies heated water to the spray system. If this part is broken, the machine will draw water, heat it, but at the washing stage it will turn off.
- AL99 - means that there has been a break in the internal wiring or damage to the power cable. Requires verification of all wiring or replacement of the control module.
If such errors occur, you should first clean the filters and reboot the system. If you know how to handle a multimeter - check the resistance of the thermistor, heating element, circulation pump and intake valve. But the problem of such failures is that any master will even give a dozen possible breakdowns to each of these errors. Therefore, it is still better to conduct a full diagnosis of the device.
The author of the video tells in detail about the reasons for the occurrence and methods of eliminating failures, indicated by code number 10 and 11:
Ways to prevent damage to the dishwasher
Although the Ariston Hotpoint is a very reliable dishwasher, maintenance errors can also damage it. And in order not to become a regular customer of repair shops, you just need to follow a few tips that will extend the life of the equipment.
In some models, in case of improper operation, code 13 is displayed, which means that the valve in the detergent compartment can not open due to residual powder or dishes laid wrong
Recommendations for use:
- Ariston Hotpoint has filters that purify water from various impurities. To avoid clogging, they need to be cleaned in a timely manner.
- At the entrance to the sewage system it is recommended to install a grease filter to avoid external blockages.
- To facilitate the work of the machine, before loading wipe the dishes with a napkin, removing food debris.
- If hard water is flowing in your plumbing, use special softener salts or install a special filter at the inlet of the water dispenser.
- Do not use soap, shampoos and other substances not intended for dishwashing equipment as detergents.
- Do not overload the dishwasher with objects.
- After each start of the machine, rinse and dry the tablet cuvette.
- Install the dishes so that it does not touch or overlap the sprinklers.
And the last piece of advice - at least once a month, arrange a “day of cleanliness” for your assistant, launching it at idle mode along with a cleansing and disinfectant.
Conclusions and useful video on the topic
If you are well versed in the repair of household appliances and are going to troubleshoot the dishwasher with their own hands, then you should try. The truth is there is a sure way to avoid such troubles - compliance with operational rules.
How to properly care for PMM to avoid damage:
Dishwasher Ariston Hotpoint is a faithful assistant who, with proper care and proper operation, serves without problems and breakdowns for many years. But if you still have a problem with the electronics or the control module, it’s better to turn to a qualified master, without losing time on independent repair experiments technology.