Filling and drain hoses for a dishwasher allow you to effectively operate appliances. Thanks to them, the water is normally poured into the bunker, and then drained at the end of the wash. But if there is not enough leakage to connect them or leakage occurs, problems begin. We will tell you how to properly position, lengthen and replace the hose in the dishwasher.
- 1 Preparing PMM for repair
- 2 How to install
correctly Preparing PMM for repair
The type of water supply hose depends on the dishwasher model( Bosch, Electrolux, Hansa, Beko).When buying equipment, it comes in a set, connects to hot or cold plumbing and passes water into the chamber. Depending on the type of connection, the product can be designed for a working temperature up to 25 ° or up to 70 ° C.
There are such types:
- Rubber standard.
- Reinforced. The rubber base is additionally reinforced with metal or nylon.
- Rubber with leak protection "Aquastop".
The inlet hose must have a datasheet or a label that indicates such data:
- Operating pressure. For installation in an apartment - 20 Bar, for a private house the allowable pressure is 5-10% more.
- Length. The product should not be connected with great tension or bend. This results in a shorter service life. Therefore, before buying, find out the distance from the sink to the dishwasher.
As for the drain hose for the dishwasher, it is made of polypropylene. Make sure that the diameter of the fittings for the connection coincides with the pipe or siphon outlet.
- The maximum length of the standard version is from 1 to 5 meters.
- The telescopic version allows you to do without lengthening, since the corrugated structure can stretch. The inner surface is also uneven, and therefore subject to frequent blockages.
Prepare the necessary tools and parts, and only then proceed to the installation.
You will need:
- brass tee;
- fum tape;
- hose clamps.
Next, you need to lengthen or install a new element for the dishwasher.
How to install the
correctly If you have problems with the Siemens dishwasher, Ariston with water intake or drainage, the hoses are checked first. If they leak, full replacement is required. It is not recommended to repair and seal damage - this is unreliable and will eventually lead to a serious leak.
Prepare the dishwasher. Get the Electrolux, Ariston, Bosch embedded equipment from a niche. Shut off the water and unplug it. Most often, the filler element is connected from the rear to the bottom of the case:
- . Unscrew the fastening nut from the PMM housing.
- Disconnect the other end of the plumbing.
To properly connect to the water supply system, screw a brass tee with a stop valve onto the pipe outlet. To one end of the tee, connect the sink mixer, to the other the flow filter and the end of the filling hose. The connecting parts are sealed with a fum-tape.
In some dishwasher models, the connection is inside the case.
- Flip the case over to the back.
- Remove the lower bar.
- Remove the bolts and remove the pan.
- The end of the hose is attached to the filling valve.
- Using the open-end wrench, unscrew the old device and plug in the new one.
If you need to shorten the length, we do not recommend doing it yourself. It is better to go to the store and purchase an item of the right size.
To increase the length, you need a special coupling. It is better to choose not a plastic, but a brass coupling. Connect it to the main hose and push the extension to the other end. Connect the device to the water supply, and you're done.
Experts do not recommend lengthening, as this increases the risk of leakage.
How to replace the drain hose? First you need to check for what reasons he stopped performing his function. Perhaps the case is a blockage and enough to clean it. It can connect in different places: bottom right or left, top. To clean or change an item, do the following:
- Use plastic wire clips to unclip plastic clamps.
- Turn the vehicle on its side.
- Remove the screws and remove the lower pan. In models "Bosch" or "Gorenie" a float sensor is attached to it. Therefore, first unplug the wiring chip and remove the sensor.
- Loosen the clamp and remove the end from the seat in the circulation pump assembly. Be careful, water can pour out of it.
- Remove the check valve and put it in the pump.
- Disconnect the rear wall of the vehicle.
- Pull out the sleeve that holds the hose.
- Change to a new element or extend with a clutch. Do not forget to strengthen the joints with hose clamps.
It may not be necessary to replace, just clean the inlet. To do this, use a small brush and strong water pressure.
Now you can cope with the replacement and lengthening of the hoses of the dishwasher. This video will help you: